onmy 9900 Bold, Screen and keypad gets locked up after only after typing few characters. Not sure if there is a pattern to the keys that locks it; but have not been figure out if there is a pattern. Some times, it just blank out the screen; but more often it locks the screen and keypad and I have to use the physical key to unlock.

I am using password lock icon to lock it and not using the physical key on the top to lock it.

Is it defective 9900 or I have some options set incorrectly?
    12-08-11 01:25 PM
    Have you tried battery pull or reloading the OS?
    12-08-11 01:27 PM
    in the options does it autolock at a certain period?
    12-08-11 01:36 PM
    Removing the battery did not solve the problem! I will try OS reload tonight.
    Is there an option for autolock duration? I have not found one. if there is on, where is it?
    12-08-11 01:50 PM
    Value for this is 30 minutes. I changed it to 15 minutes to see if that would help! No it did not help!
    12-08-11 02:15 PM
    Is there a way to completely disable screen keypad locking. Password locking is sufficient for security and accidental key entry while in pocket.
    12-09-11 08:11 AM
    Screen/keyboard lock isn't automatic. You only activate it by pressing the lock button at the top of the phone...there's no way to disable that - unless there's a 3rd party app that does it, but I'm not aware of that.

To be clear - is your phone password locking or screen locking on its own?
    12-09-11 08:31 AM
    It is screen locking. Get a message in the middle indicating that and when I press the lock/unlock button it unlocks for a while and then locks it back when I am typing. It stays unlocked if I do not use key board and use only the five buttons (above the keypad) and touch screen.
    12-09-11 09:05 AM
    Hi Im having the exact same problem with my bold 9900. everytime i try and type the screen locks out on me, its really annoying. Did anyone figure out how to get this fixed? I tried pulling the battery, reloaded the OS, changing the lockout timing etc.
    What's the fix?
    thanks
    01-16-12 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD