Hi everyone I have a bold 9930 had it for about a month and all of a sudden it has decided when a call is active the screen has to be off. It used to come back on when I moved it away from my face, but now it stays off all the time.

Anyone else experience this issue? I guess its better than it staying on all the time, but annoying at best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 12:17 PM
    My wife had a cheap case on her phone, and experienced the same problems. Turns out that the case didn't have an adequate opening for the proximity sensor located beside the indicator light, and the phone thought it was always being held against a face. She took the case off, problem solved.

If you don't have a case on your phone, check to make sure that sensor is clean and not obscured at all.
    10-19-11 01:19 PM
    I have the same problem, and its not the case, as it does this when its not in the case. Any ideas, thanks
    10-19-11 04:20 PM
    My phone loves to fall into deep sleeps rather its on a call or not. The screen just goes off n come on when it feels like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 04:30 PM
    reboot.
    if that didnt help, your proximity sensor may be broken.
    10-19-11 04:50 PM
    battery pull it
    10-19-11 06:12 PM
    I am having the same issue and it just started. Battery pull made no difference. Anyone have this problem and actually find a solution ?

cheers,
    heavy
    10-19-11 06:24 PM
    Battery pull didn't help, but I installed the new update from vw and that seemed to resolve the issue, for now, time will tell! Good luck to others having this problem!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 10:23 PM
    try going to touchscreen sensitivity and putting it on 700...I have been having the same problem and that fixed it.
    12-06-11 09:44 PM
    My screen doesn't go off and everytime my ear would just touch the speakerphone- which is really annoying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-11 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD