I have a nice shiny new bold 9900 that i was able to pick up on friday at a roger plus store here in winnipeg.

It appears my screen flickers a bit.. Almost like its the HZ settings are off on a computer monitor.. You can see a faint line rolling through the screen.. More noticibale while watching videos or any light web pages or pictures.

If you aren't sure what i'm talking about, its similar when you are watching tv, and the tv camera looks at another tv/monitor in the studio and you see the lines scrolling through the tv screem.
    08-15-11 09:28 AM
    It seems to be hit a miss depending on brightness levels.

Not sure if I should RMA it?
    08-15-11 11:24 AM
    I would take it back asap.
    08-15-11 11:28 AM
    I too have a brand new shiny 9930 on Verizon... Sometimes the screen flickers, sometimes it does not. I've adjusted the brightness, toggled the auto dim feature... no luck.

Anyone find a solution to this problem? Do I really have to take it back?!?
    Raton Savio likes this.
    08-26-11 02:46 PM
    Mine flickered then I realized that my microsd card wasn't all the way in so I removed the battery, reinserted the card and battery and booted up. Now no more screen flicker. Very odd.
    08-26-11 03:06 PM
    I have a 9930 from verizon made mexico 5
    My screen is flickering started at 20% battery. If pull it, it goes away.
    I am thinking about returning it for my 3rd 9930
    It seems to be hit a miss depending on brightness levels.

Not sure if I should RMA it?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 09:20 PM
    mine does it when i use need for speed demo, but thats it
    08-26-11 09:43 PM
    I got the 9930 from sprint on the day it came out and it has been good since then with no flickering. I used the 3 finger method to restart my phone and it was had an error and was stuck on a white screen for about 4 hours. (don't ask why). after i fixed the error and restarted the phone it would flicker at what looked like 60Hz or an old monitor from 1990 as you guys are describing. I took the phone back to sprint where they only had 1 other 9930 to exchange. After the person swapped the phone i realized that the new one flickered even worse than mine! It seems like it's a problem with the 9930 that is hit or miss at different brightness levels and even different colors for some people. It seems like changing the SD card position could definitely have something to do with it so that would be my first suggestion. After getting back home with my old phone it seems it is back to normal... who knows
    09-05-11 03:12 PM
    I had that on a 9700 and it was software related that was fixed by reloading the OS. Try that and I'd no remedy take it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 03:44 PM
    My screen was flickering this morning. I took the memory card out and put it back in, good as new.
    Thanks!
    09-09-11 08:24 AM
    I too have a brand new shiny 9930 on Verizon... Sometimes the screen flickers, sometimes it does not. I've adjusted the brightness, toggled the auto dim feature... no luck.

Anyone find a solution to this problem? Do I really have to take it back?!?
    It is a defective phone - I had same problem today buying a new BB 9930 at a Verizon Store on Wilshire and Western in Los Angeles. I returned it same day and they wanted to charge me a 35 dollar restocking fee! And this is a new official Verizon store, not an authorized independent retailer! So I called Verizon Customer Care and they agreed to waive the fee and ship a new phone for replacement.

You need to return it ASAP. Otherwise, they will replace it with a refurbished phone under your warranty. This store stopped the flickering by taking out the battery and reinstalling it. But who knows how long it'd take for flickering to come back? Thankfully, I was able to get carrier, though not this crummy ripoff store, to agree to replace it with new phone.
    09-16-11 01:10 AM
    Same here, got a new 9900 on the launch day, found flickering, took out the battery and reinstated, problem gone. Have to keep doing it until the flickering is gone then it wouldnt happen at least until the next battery removal. Brought it to BB centre and replaced with a new unit. Same flickering issue.
    09-16-11 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD