I purchased a 9900 along with a Blackberry hard-ish case. Bell didn't have the screen protectors for the phone yet so I've been trying to be as careful as possible. I carry my phone in my pocket along with my keys and I've been trying to keep my car key folded up so it doesn't scratch the screen. Today I was playing with the key in my pocket and completely forgot I had my phone in there too. The screen didn't get scratched which amazed me.. what is the screen made out of? is it glass or is it some sort of polymer or plastic? How scratch resistant is it? I've got screen protectors on order!
    08-22-11 11:19 PM
    It's made out of glass.
    08-22-11 11:38 PM
    I believe its the same glass that was on the Torch and for me it seemed really resistant to any marks. I eventually took of the screen protector because of all the extra smudging and I was careful not to put anything else in my pocket.
    08-22-11 11:45 PM
    I keep mine in the holster that came with it that way I feel safer. I don't like screen protectors on touch screens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:48 PM
    It's made of 'hardened' glass according to rim. I have a screen protector on the device, but from what I've heard the screen is quite durable. But its not invicible... It will scratch if you leave it unprotected and always have it in your pocket with keys or other stuff. I don't think the screen is as durable as gorilla glass. And I remember that before I got a screen protector for my ipod touch it got small scratches from just being in my pocket for less than a week... Pretty disappointing. Had a protector on my 9930 since day one and both the screen and the protector have no scratches on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD