i have been very impatiently waiting for AT&T to release the 9900 as long as everyone else. it's finally out, but all of the sudden, i am too scared to pull the trigger because of the issues that people are having.

if i get one, and it craps the bed within the first few days (or couple weeks), i know i can get a new one from AT&T. (by "craps the bed" i mean i can't fix it myself with DM...brick/nuke...whatever)

but what happens if i have it for a few weeks? or a few months? how long is the threshold for getting a NEW one vs. a refurb? how long do you guys think the 9900 will even be available at AT&T?

i don't mean to pile on yet another post about this issue, but i don't trust getting an accurate answer from calling AT&T to ask them. thanks.
    11-11-11 12:20 AM
    I would imagine you would get a refurbished from RIM. It wouldn't bother me getting a refurbished 9900 though.
    11-11-11 12:29 AM
    i have been very impatiently waiting for AT&T to release the 9900 as long as everyone else. it's finally out, but all of the sudden, i am too scared to pull the trigger because of the issues that people are having.

if i get one, and it craps the bed within the first few days (or couple weeks), i know i can get a new one from AT&T. (by "craps the bed" i mean i can't fix it myself with DM...brick/nuke...whatever)

but what happens if i have it for a few weeks? or a few months? how long is the threshold for getting a NEW one vs. a refurb? how long do you guys think the 9900 will even be available at AT&T?

i don't mean to pile on yet another post about this issue, but i don't trust getting an accurate answer from calling AT&T to ask them. thanks.
    I got the AT&T Bold 9900 last week, i was worried about the bricking thing too... when i went to buy it i specifically asked the ppl there, the phone can be returned or exchanged in the first 30 days, and manufacture warranty covers the phone for one year, if you really feel unsafe about it i think you can pay like $7 a month for the insurance
    11-11-11 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD