Options-> Device-> Software Updates

I don't see it available for download on RIM - Sasktel website so I think I will a few days for it to appear.

Think I would rather do a PC upgrade which will allow me to do a Security Wipe before the upgrade.
    03-14-12 09:27 PM
    It it was just released, it will take few more days for the OS update to appear on the official RIM website. It took about two days after Telus release the OS 7.1 through Download Manager push, before Telus RIM OS site was updated.

If you wait few days, you will get to download it from the website.
    03-14-12 10:03 PM
    oh my god finally!!!!!! i am so happy i can update to 7.1!!!

great way to end my day, with an update more exciting then when ios 4 came out for my ipod
    Last edited by derekjdech; 03-14-12 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
    03-14-12 11:56 PM
    its working successfully!
    03-15-12 08:37 AM
    its working successfully!
    Let us know how you make out. I am curious if it will have hotspot even though I will be surprised if it does not.
    03-15-12 09:02 AM
    Let us know how you make out. I am curious if it will have hotspot even though I will be surprised if it does not.
    It has hotspot! Works nicely, and I was worried if I couldn't rename it. The standard name was mobile hotspot then some 4 digit number. So I renamed it. The phone seems about the same, but after the update, you have to resign into twitter, facebook, and all the online sites like crackberry. And when you begin to type, the bing recommends are a nice touch, I just wish I could change it to google
    03-15-12 01:42 PM
    Sorry to bump up this thread, but I checked software update, it says my software is up to date, I am currently using the leaked 7.1 205.
    Anyone can help? Thanks
    03-15-12 06:40 PM
    Sorry to bump up this thread, but I checked software update, it says my software is up to date, I am currently using the leaked 7.1 205.
    Anyone can help? Thanks
    I guess you will have to wait for the download, I will post a link when it becomes available. I thought it would be available by now.
    03-16-12 10:38 AM
    did my update and all went fine. tried the hotspot and got it to work with my laptop, but could not get my Ipad to connect... any ideas?
    03-21-12 12:30 PM
    did my update and all went fine. tried the hotspot and got it to work with my laptop, but could not get my Ipad to connect... any ideas?
    Try changing the Band from 802.11g to 802.11bg. If that does not work you may have to change the name of the SSID.
    03-21-12 01:32 PM
    had to cahnge the name of the hotspot... almost like a new one and then the Ipad would find it.... Apple....
    works great tho... 45 minute netflix show and no problems at all, great battery life for that, figured it would be dead... and only 192,000 kilobytes of data... long way to go before the dreaded 10 gigs and the dreaded slowdown...
    03-22-12 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD