Yet another thread of switching maybe, but let this be another testimony! So ever since Iv'e gone android over half a year ago, something just didn't feel right. I tried all I could, downloaded a billion apps, rooted , flashed... to no avail. I finally got a BlackBerry 9900! Well it's been used for 2 months from someone but great condition... but it needs some love!

Anyways, let me tell you the switch was a breath of fresh air. Now I'm no email business freak but the Blackberry... no one can beat it at a "phone". It's very smart, portable, yet simple! No longer do I have to switch the data on and off anymore.. miss phone calls... have an awkward huge screen...etc. Just clean simple and fast Berry. The keyboard has no competition at all.

I will stick with it until a new one comes out! Only draw back is the battery but I'm used to it already from my android so I'm not dying... a new OS hybrid or whatever you call it should do the trick. Time to get my life back on track with crackberry
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-15-12 02:03 PM
    Welcome back to dark side! Configure your 9900 the way you want and you'll love it more and more(and I do also have an S2 but love my 9900 more).
    02-15-12 02:22 PM
    I do have a question though... what OS has has the most raves/reccomended for battery life?
    02-15-12 02:25 PM
    I do have a question though... what OS has has the most raves/reccomended for battery life?
    Most people say 7.1.0.205
    Read the threads.
    racostaf likes this.
    02-15-12 07:24 PM
    I had the Galaxy S2 for about two minutes. The wow factor was gone as soon as I actually had to do something productive. Since you're no stranger to rooting and flashing a custom ROM, go ahead and grab 7.1.0.205. Battery life is much, much better.
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    02-15-12 10:15 PM
    I know how you feel, I've been an iPhone user sine the 3G released. After owning my blackberry for a week and installing OS .205, I am definitely happy with my upgrade decision with the 9900.

I even was able to sell my iPhone 4 at a great price.
    02-16-12 12:54 AM
    Yeah, the 9900 is an awesome piece of hardware.

EDIT: To add something of value, grab the 7.1.0.205 OS. I've experienced no bugs, and the battery life is greatly improved from the factory release.
    02-16-12 02:02 AM
    I won't lie, but the S2 is a pretty nice device. A buddy of mine has one, and his wallpaper/background is Goku and Vegeta battling it out with eachother. It is in full motion, he has a matrix type theme thing as well. The letters are running down the screen vertically. I got bored with it in about half hour, not my type of device/phone.

As I was playing with it, I noticed how typing was a huge pain in the @$$. Oh, and welcome back OP!
    02-16-12 02:33 AM
    congrats on getting the 9900. im loving mine too!
    02-16-12 04:44 AM
    To each their own. I left BB dang near two years ago and will never be back. Its been my experience and observation that people who go back to BB from Android go back cause they either get the wrong Android or simply don't know how to maximize their Android experience. Admittedly, Android isn't for everyone. I consider it more of a tinkerers phone; however, once you do learn how to tinker with it and maximize your experience, its pretty easy and rewarding. I have the largest screen on the market right now on any phone and its HD to boot. And its an LTE phone. As you could imagine, I'm a heavy user. I can get 24 hours of use out of my battery with phone calls, push notifications, browsing....the works. For the people who complain about the keyboard, no problem, I installed a keyboard which works the best for my thumbs. I can actually type pretty darn fast on it and its comfortable. I use gmail so my emails are instantaneous. The gmail application is pretty powerful with lots of options especially the version I have with Android 4.0.

Again, to each their own, but Android has closed the gap in reference to many of the BB so called advantages. I can do everything I did on my last BB and a ton more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    HD123 likes this.
    02-16-12 04:50 AM
    To each their own. I left BB dang near two years ago and will never be back. Its been my experience and observation that people who go back to BB from Android go back cause they either get the wrong Android or simply don't know how to maximize their Android experience. Admittedly, Android isn't for everyone. I consider it more of a tinkerers phone; however, once you do learn how to tinker with it and maximize your experience, its pretty easy and rewarding. I have the largest screen on the market right now on any phone and its HD to boot. And its an LTE phone. As you could imagine, I'm a heavy user. I can get 24 hours of use out of my battery with phone calls, push notifications, browsing....the works. For the people who complain about the keyboard, no problem, I installed a keyboard which works the best for my thumbs. I can actually type pretty darn fast on it and its comfortable. I use gmail so my emails are instantaneous. The gmail application is pretty powerful with lots of options especially the version I have with Android 4.0.

Again, to each their own, but Android has closed the gap in reference to many of the BB so called advantages. I can do everything I did on my last BB and a ton more.

So you left BB two years ago, you state you will never go back to it yet here you are, still on a blackberry fan site, two years later with no love for BB. Why?
    02-16-12 05:00 AM
    So you left BB two years ago, you state you will never go back to it yet here you are, still on a blackberry fan site, two years later with no love for BB. Why?
    Why not? I left one church and joined another yet still have relationships with others from the church I left.

02-16-12 05:07 AM
    Why not? I left one church and joined another yet still have relationships with others from the church I left.

What kind of relationship do you have with a church you would "never go back to"?
    02-16-12 05:10 AM
    What kind of relationship do you have with a church you would "never go back to"?
    Don't be obtuse. I have "relationships" with people. A person can outgrow aspects of a community and move on yet still appreciate that community and respect it.

kenshaw likes this.
    02-16-12 05:20 AM
    The best so far imho is .585 OS with .503 radio (sfi) file. I've tried .205 as well, and it was not too bad.. but the real benefit of .205 is that it has Hotspot.
    estalzer likes this.
    02-16-12 09:13 AM
    Don't be obtuse. I have "relationships" with people. A person can outgrow aspects of a community and move on yet still appreciate that community and respect it.

This is hillarious. Try going to a church and call this is not a nice religion and your new found religion is much better. Religious wars were started with less... Just be nice, if you dont like BB say it in the android forum or something. I have samsung note.. it's good. Doesn't make me wanna say the rest are cr*p. ESPECIALLY NOT in a BB forum.. This kind of behaviour really baffles me...
    Oh and I have the 9900 for work. I believe its the BEST BB I ever have.
    Last edited by guzprom; 02-16-12 at 09:39 AM.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    02-16-12 09:28 AM
    Hey hey no hate... but if you love your Android... don't try to rain on Berry parade Maybe it frustrates you because you can't understand why I would choose one over a S2 with better specs. It's not all about the specs. It's about how you use it Blackberry has a much better experience for me. Call me cracked... but it sort of feels like being religious. I see the light...and I fall in love and can't explain it. There is no turning back, my old life is gone. No one else really understands me. Only I do.
    02-16-12 07:44 PM
    I just realized my phones running the .205... I guess id go for the 503?
    02-16-12 08:03 PM

Think you hit the nail on the head. Im regretting getting rid of my GS2. Now Im using a 9930 and iphone 4s. Both are great devices pluses and minuses but I actually miss the GS2. I think the people who complain not only about android but all the os dont really give a fair amount of time learning the different os and how to get around some of the minor complaints such as keyboard or batt life ect. Most are easily fixable. Most people I hear tried it for different phones for a day week ect then went back to what they know. Thinking bout going back to android to get Galaxy note so will decide which between the 4s and 9930 I have to get rid of.
    HD123 likes this.
    02-16-12 09:54 PM
    From last week, i just went from my galaxys2 to the Bold 9900 from RIM. having my galaxys2 sitting beside me, just using it as an ipod for media purposes like music/game/internet/camera. i upgraded my bold to .205 for mobile hotspot, bam everything is all good to go. For me i never regretting switching back to blackberry, since i was such a old blackberry user. i switch because of that damn keyboard and led light.. and cmon who can resist the slick look and build of the 9900.

the galaxys2 to me is more of a computer, dual core miniature computer. flashing roms and apps on it.
    but to me the bold is more of a phone.
    02-16-12 10:41 PM
    Sorry if my comments came out too strong. I was using his religion analogy, which is not exactly right. But the message is the same. I would be as baffled if someone from BB forum went to Android forum and preaches about his wonderful BB belittling everything else. He isn't the first "troll" and not as disrespectful and forceful as others.. but he won't be the last. I made a vote thread a few months back because of this "confusion". You would have thought 80% people would vote unsatistfied. But it is actually the other way around...
    86% of users are satisfied.
    02-17-12 10:51 PM
    Just came out, but the new 7.1's are supposed to be pretty good. I loaded up .267 this morning and it's been solid. And as much as I've argued that you need a few days to fairly measure battery life, mine has been very good so far today.

Oh, and welcome back!

PS: @SOTK, maybe you've moved on but no completely gone, at least you're here respectfully stating the advantages you find in your new phone preference without feeling the need to run down BB's. I much prefer that to so many self-described BB-lovers who do nothing but complain about everything about the brand and RIM. Bottom line, as you stated, Android isn't for everybody; neither is iPhone, neither is BlackBerry. Whatever works best for you.

@ky77, a lot of people have given Android a lot of time and a fair shake but just don't like it. The things that are minor complaints to you might be major issues for somebody else. If one platform were perfect for everybody, there would only be one platform.
    02-17-12 11:34 PM
    No better place to check out rumors on up and coming features and services. Hey you never know, RIM might get their act together and release something thats interests the rest of us. Companies in much worse shape have turned around in the past. Let's hope for the best.

Also eagerly waiting for OS 7.1 to have an official release so I can take my 9900 out of my desk drawer and put its hotpsot feature to use while travelling. Cheap data while roaming for my GalaxyNote is the only reason to own a blackberry currently, for me.
    02-20-12 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD