I was just looking at Docs2Go on my 9900 (Bell). Wanted to see what was there. Lo and behold, I found literally dozens and dozens of files called safety_product_info.pdf, each one over 1MB in size. They are 9900 safety information guides in every imaginable language. To delete them one by one is a nightmare. There are also the same types and numbers of files, all called sla.pdf. They appear to be RIM/BB files.

Has anyone else seen this and how can they be bulk deleted? Actually why are they there in the first place? Date is July 13, 2011 for all the files (the sla.pdf files are smaller, around 125kb each but the others are well over 1MB, some almost 3MB).
    12-10-11 08:21 PM
    If you loaded an all language OS without shrinking out languages first,I'm sure it is just the .pdf files associated with all the languages.I usually shrink tons out before I load but this time I didn't and I have all those also right now.Hook up your BB to desktop manager and when the Blackberry tools pop up comes up as the BB connects,navigate to Blackberry Tools (in my case the drive is H)H:\files\languages and mass delete all the unneeded language folders that are also containing the .PDF's from the PC instead of the BB.You should be all ship shape from there.
    Last edited by SevendustG; 12-11-11 at 09:04 AM.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-11-11 09:02 AM
    Those are just DocsToGo templates, and nothing to do with the OS.

You can remove them all quicker by deleting the folder itself. Totally safe
    12-11-11 09:10 AM
    If you loaded an all language OS without shrinking out languages first,I'm sure it is just the .pdf files associated with all the languages.I usually shrink tons out before I load but this time I didn't and I have all those also right now.Hook up your BB to desktop manager and when the Blackberry tools pop up comes up as the BB connects,navigate to Blackberry Tools (in my case the drive is H)H:\files\languages and mass delete all the unneeded language folders that are also containing the .PDF's from the PC instead of the BB.You should be all ship shape from there.
    Worked great, thank you. I am going to check my other devices now to see if the same thing exists there. Frees up a lot of space!!!

Many thanks.
    12-11-11 09:26 AM
    Yes I deleted them all without issue as well, freed up some space!
    12-11-11 09:32 AM
    when i connected my 9900 to my PC i saw them a LOT of them, in so many languages o deleted the whole folder
    12-11-11 09:37 AM
    Is it ok to go into Blackberry tools go into files the countries and delete the countries files? they contain sla.pdf's, sla.swf and warranty.pdf. The warranties were already removed by deleting the language files. Should I remove the country files or just delete the sla.pdf's in Docs To Go?
    02-21-12 01:23 PM
    I deleted the country folders without any issues.
    02-21-12 02:13 PM
    Sorry, just so I get it right. I've already deleted the language files with all of the countries inside, you're saying that it's also OK to delete the Countries files in which the sla.pdf's are stored. Correct? Thanks for bearing with me.
    02-21-12 03:04 PM
    I think it's ok. They're just license agreements and as such do not belong to the OS or any functionality therein. I wish RIM would not install these, as they do take valuable space in the phone's internal memory that could be used for apps. I just found there were too many to delete so I finally gave up at Denmark
    02-22-12 09:52 AM
    I just found there were too many to delete so I finally gave up at Denmark
    No need to delete each individual file... just delete the folder
    02-22-12 10:22 AM
    LOL, I deleted them all individually this morning... doh!
    02-22-12 12:06 PM
    Those are just DocsToGo templates, and nothing to do with the OS.

You can remove them all quicker by deleting the folder itself. Totally safe
    Philcan you explain how to find the folder .i want to delete it.thanks.
    02-22-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD