Ok here goes folks. First off, yes, my name is Sack Harry, it speaks for itself.

Anyway, on to the review.

I love the phone, performance is very good, SUPER fast, no lag whatsoever. This is the only phone that I can compare with the iphone when it comes to no lag and smooth moving when swiping finger on the screen.

Things I dont like:
    1)The feel of the phone, it is too wide, and not ergonomic. Sure, they made the phone much thinner, but made it much wider. I think they made a mistake making it this wide, it should be a tad less wide.
    2)Why remove the right side convenience key? That was just stupid RIM, get your asses back to the drawing board.
    3) too loud of a clicking noise when you push in the buttons. This i dont like at all, it should be more silent.
    4) Where the heck is the leather back? that was the flagship of bold phones! bring it back...
    5) Worst problem = the battery. lets phase it folks, the batter sucks. its horrible, period! i would rather have a fat thick battery then the convenience of a super thin phone if it means i get more phone use time!

Things I like:
    -Extremely quick
    -ZERO lag, literally, no lag whatsoever, feels like an iphone and is very snappy
    -camera quality is amazing, so is video camera
    overall amazing phone, very impressed!
    11-01-11 10:11 PM
    1) Width is the same as 9000, maybe a hair wider.
    2) You surely mean the left convenience key right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 10:37 PM
    Ok here goes folks. First off, yes, my name is Sack Harry, it speaks for itself.

I love the phone, performance is very good, SUPER fast, no lag whatsoever. This is the only phone that I can compare with the iphone when it comes to no lag and smooth moving when swiping finger on the screen.

Things I dont like:
    1)The feel of the phone, it is too wide, and not ergonomic. Sure, they made the phone much thinner, but made it much wider. I think they made a mistake making it this wide, it should be a tad less wide.
    2)Why remove the right side convenience key? That was just stupid RIM, get your asses back to the drawing board.
    3) too loud of a clicking noise when you push in the buttons. This i dont like at all, it should be more silent.
    4) Where the heck is the leather back? that was the flagship of bold phones! bring it back...
    5) Worst problem = the battery. lets phase it folks, the batter sucks. its horrible, period! i would rather have a fat thick battery then the convenience of a super thin phone if it means i get more phone use time!

Things I like:
    -Extremely quick
    -ZERO lag, literally, no lag whatsoever, feels like an iphone and is very snappy
    Let me start of by saying, this is one of the least comprehensive reviews ever. No real examples, just a few gripes and hypes.

4. What is wrong with not having a 'pleather' back....tell us what is wrong with the back, not just that it isn't leather.
    3. Loud clicking goes away when you break the phone in, any BB user knows this.
    2. I don't know, still has more buttons than most phones. Use a quick dial app and get over it.
    1. You said in number 4 they lost the original feel of the bold, now they go back to the original bold width, and you say it is bad? And yes this phone is ergonomic, all BBs are.
    11-01-11 10:54 PM
    And mainly the camera is what has sucked on some occasion with the battery....
    11-01-11 11:00 PM
    My battery lasts a whole day without dropping below 50% now. I'm not heavy user, medium probably, but battery life issue seems to of gone away already.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 12:09 AM

Things I dont like:

Things I like:
    -Extremely quick
    You sound like a 9700/9780 fan. Consider the 9790 when it comes out.
    11-02-11 12:28 AM
    I miss the leather back too, but mostly because it wasn't such a finger print/smudge magnet, and though i may not have any actual tests to show for it, i think the leather back gripped surfaces better making it less likely to slide around....and less scratches (though i still haven't seen any on mine yet)

i loved the bold 9000 when it first came out, but by the time i was due for an upgrade it just wasn't as good as the smaller 9700, now that they've updated the old bold 900 design i think it's the best design for any bb device yet.

losing one convenience key is far from a deal breaker, i guess they figured the touch display was enough to make up for it.

the battery life seems to be, in general, a problem for most right now, although there are a few testimonials in the forums that say it gets better after a few cycles. the jury is still out on this one for me....so far though it's been less than stellar, but still gets me through the day
    11-02-11 02:57 AM
    My battery life varies, I was going from 10-15%/hr discharge rate and now back to 3%. So I have no idea what is going on. I am in the same building at work all the time so it really doesn't make any sense.

The only theory I have is I don't think the battery charges properly. For example I will be at 70% and if I plug it in to charge within 20 minutes it is at 95%. And then within minutes at 100% so the battery stops charging. Then as soon as I take it off within 10 minutes I am at 97%.

Last few days I have noticed it is taking longer to charge but battery is lasting longer as well. I have been off the charger for almost 5-6 hours, with minimal use and i am down to 94%.
    11-02-11 10:18 AM

Things I dont like:
    it's good for me and for my wife.. wide is better then narrow.. typing on the torch was a pain!

it's been like this for the last few models.. but i can see how it may bother some people.

i like the clicky sound.. it's less then the curve and torch buttons..

I hate the leather backing!! i loveeeee the glossy Faux Carbon Fiber backing.. again personal preference

mine is pretty good... yesterday i took it off the charger at 6:45am.. went to bed at 12:30am.. i had 21% left after a pretty heavy day.. discharge rate was ~4.5% an hour.... today took it off the charger at 6:45am again.. at 87%... discharge is 2.9% an hour..

Things I like:
    -Extremely quick
    this might change over more usage.. i dunno why
    11-02-11 10:56 AM
    My battery is great. It's been on standby for 4.5 hours today and it's only been drained 8%.... and isn't the convenience key already on the bottom right? I didn't have the 9000 so I'm not quite sure if you're referring to that.
    11-02-11 11:10 AM
    Things I dont like:
    +1. I used to be able to type with the 9650 one handed. it kinda hurts with the 9930. Still loving this though.
    MediaKeysBooster!
    I like that. I like response.
    Never really cared for leather. lol So I don't know.
    The battery is tiny, But I am getting more usage than my 9650(With a normal battery) which is good..

Things I like:
    -Extremely quick
    overall amazing phone, very impressed![/QUOTE]
    11-02-11 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD