I've been using the Bold 9700 for 2 years, and my significant other #1 used a Bold 9700 for a year, then I took it away and gave it to significant other # 2, who has used it for another year. The ex, and my current like the Bold 9700, and so do I -- I've been living with a cracked camera lens for a year now. So the question is whether I buy her an iPhone 4s or a Bold 9900, and I might as well buy one or both for myself while I am at it. Walmart has a deal (like $120 for the 9900). I'm a little concerned that the bold 9900 is much bigger than the 9700 and it will just be awkward on my hip, and I can imagine myself being unhappy with the speed of the calendaring application of choice (i.e., PocketInformant). Companies increase the processing speeds of devices and then load on a more hungry OS and more hungry apps, so in the end the extra speed means nothing. Am I going to be sorry about buying two (2) Bold 9900?
    12-14-11 06:36 PM
    Have you looked at the 9790?
    12-14-11 08:23 PM
    I switched from a 9700 and yes it is certainly bigger but I hadn't even thought of it that it was bigger/awkward on my hip, its flatter so that helps. As far as switching from an Iphone that depends on what you wanna do with it. Personally, I would never ever buy an Iphone because my phone is a business tool not an entertainment device, and I use it hard. If the keyboard was a strong point get the 9900, it'l be love at first touch.
    12-14-11 08:27 PM
    I haven't yet investigated the 9790. I think I may be forced to carry an iPhone also. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I use the wireless internet tethering for my meetings -- myself and also for clients to connect to the iPhone. I had problems with the 9700 micro usb becoming loose, and the data on the SD card would become corrupted (occurred several times while connected to the Mac).

Is there a good solution for wireless internet tethering on the Bold 9900, and has anyone had trouble with the USB disconnecting from the SD card and getting an error message of ejecting improperly? [Ah . . . I just briefly read an article that said no tethering for Mac computers . . .?]
    Last edited by lawlist; 12-14-11 at 09:05 PM.
    12-14-11 09:02 PM
    Had a 9700 and now on the 9900, 9900 is far superior in my opinion. 100% satisfied with everything about it. I'd say go with the 9900.
    12-14-11 09:09 PM
    get the 9790 for its comparable size to the 9700.as well as a built in autofocus camera,and rest of the bells and whistles of its wider bold cousin also come equipped with it too.
    12-14-11 10:19 PM
    I haven't yet investigated the 9790. I think I may be forced to carry an iPhone also. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I use the wireless internet tethering for my meetings -- myself and also for clients to connect to the iPhone. I had problems with the 9700 micro usb becoming loose, and the data on the SD card would become corrupted (occurred several times while connected to the Mac).

Is there a good solution for wireless internet tethering on the Bold 9900, and has anyone had trouble with the USB disconnecting from the SD card and getting an error message of ejecting improperly? [Ah . . . I just briefly read an article that said no tethering for Mac computers . . .?]
    i'm using the 9900 and i can tether it to my Mac using the Hotspot feature in OS 7.1 and the browsing speed is desirable.....The hotspot depends on your Carrier though, some will block this feature.
    12-14-11 10:50 PM
    You must know that 9900 battery lasts between 8 to 10 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-14-11 10:59 PM
    Look at 9790s. Thats all i can say ....
    12-14-11 11:13 PM
    IMO, the 9900 is not THAT much bigger, sure, in hand you'll notice the difference right away, but in perspective the screen size compared to the 97xx's is much better. I think you'll like the 9900 over an iP4S if you like the physical keyboard which was my gripe. Comes down to the form factor basically. And I've never been much of fan of iOS's redundant OS's upgrades/releases.
    12-14-11 11:45 PM

wireless sync feature is available when DM + BB is used. You can also try it 9700 OS6 and DM 6+
    12-15-11 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD