Did they tell you this? I guess me not getting a tracking or shipment email yet pretty much confirms it though.
    It's on their twitter page. "@UniqueEditionCo Due to stock arriving late most international orders will leave on Monday"

Twitter: Handtec
    08-19-11 06:09 PM
    All I have is the o2 splash screen on mines.

Will try a 3 sim now
    Says Invalid simcard
    08-19-11 06:15 PM
    I ordered with Handtec last week for delivery to Switzerland. I received a confirmation email this evening with a DHL tracking number. DHL picked it up at 5.30pm from Handtec. Departed DHL facility in East Midlands at 11pm. I'm guessing I should be getting it sometime tomorrow. Hope this helps for international orders.

T
    Arrgghhh!!! Noooo.... this only makes it worse. I ordered ages ago, for delivery to Australia. I paid more - and asked for FEDEX. No email here, and it's already 11pm in the UK.

08-19-11 06:56 PM
    What makes this worse is that it effectively adds 3 days to the delivery for me. It won't leave the UK until nearly Tuesday my time. Had they shipped late Friday Fedex still flies over the weekend. I would have had it here by Tuesday. damnation.
    08-19-11 06:59 PM
    Arrgghhh!!! Noooo.... this only makes it worse. I ordered ages ago, for delivery to Australia. I paid more - and asked for FEDEX. No email here, and it's already 11pm in the UK.

Was quite surprised when I received the confirmation email as I was told they'd be shipping internationally on Monday when I called earlier. I always use DHL whenever I can as FEDEX has been unreliable in the past. Cheaper too.

Package reached DHL facility in Leipzig, Germany 20 minutes ago

T
    08-19-11 07:04 PM
    Was quite surprised when I received the confirmation email as I was told they'd be shipping internationally on Monday when I called earlier. I always use DHL whenever I can as FEDEX has been unreliable in the past. Cheaper too.

Package reached DHL facility in Leipzig, Germany 20 minutes ago

T
    congrats, pleae dont forget to leave some review, since i also order from handtec.

if only i work at dhl, i might just snatch it away
    08-19-11 07:33 PM
    That sounds great. I'm curious, which store was it? I will go and try my luck tomorrow. Also, where did u buy cradle from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Paddington station. It also comes with a leather pocket (not the one with the metal logo though) despite it not being mentioned in the 'what's in the box' section on the website. Got the charging pod off Amazon which works beautifully (�20 ex P&P) tho I hear Play.com are selling them too
    08-20-11 02:37 AM
    Had they shipped late Friday Fedex still flies over the weekend
    why would they? handtec workers have homes to go to and more importantly, lives to lead beyond work
    08-20-11 03:14 AM
    Well, it's 9:30am and just had an email: "your item will be delivered between 11:16am & 12:16pm. Meant to be going out around 12pm to watch Arsenal v Liverpool in a pub.

Why do these things always happen
    08-20-11 03:31 AM
    ...at least it doesn't kick off til 12.45!
    BTW, my Handtec 9900 is currently sitting in a 'sortation hub' in Birmingham, sent w/ DPD so guess that means it'll be a Monday delivery...got the case and screen protectors y'day at least!!
    Last edited by tard44; 08-20-11 at 04:11 AM.
    08-20-11 04:05 AM
    Got my baby from Handtec. Awesome build quality and Made in Hungary
    08-20-11 04:58 AM
    Are any UK stores currently selling this sim free? I mean in store not online though.
    08-20-11 05:44 AM
    Got my baby from Handtec. Awesome build quality and Made in Hungary
    I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't logic dictate that all the 9900 models are made in Hungary and all 9930 models are the Mexican ones? Or is it random?
    08-20-11 05:53 AM
    I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't logic dictate that all the 9900 models are made in Hungary and all 9930 models are the Mexican ones? Or is it random?
    i think for EU, we got it from hungary, and for US from mexico (geographically near)... and canada probably mix from both...
    08-20-11 06:00 AM
    Back again guys :blush: Terribly sorry with all the questions. Last one now... maybe. but does this deal sound good ?

100 mins + 1000 texts + 1GB data = �30 p/m for 12 months. and pay �100 up front for the phone? I think that sounds amazing as it roughly adds up to less than �500.

HOWEVER! Only quibble is, that it's on Talk Mobile have any of you heard of them? Are they the one who uses Vodafone network? I found this deal on e2save so I suspect it'll be okay buying off them as they are with cpwh group?
    CahUK likes this.
    08-20-11 10:55 AM
    Back again guys :blush: Terribly sorry with all the questions. Last one now... maybe. but does this deal sound good ?

100 mins + 1000 texts + 1GB data = �30 p/m for 12 months. and pay �100 up front for the phone? I think that sounds amazing as it roughly adds up to less than �500.

HOWEVER! Only quibble is, that it's on Talk Mobile have any of you heard of them? Are they the one who uses Vodafone network? I found this deal on e2save so I suspect it'll be okay buying off them as they are with cpwh group?
    This offer is good, as long as minutes are sufficient for you every month. Once you start to use out of ur allowance, the bill easily adds up. Data allowance is good though. Talk Mobile uses vodafone network. I remember using their pay as you go, year or so ago for a short while. Didn't find any difference to main networks. I didn't use data services though.

On a different note, been to local Vodafone store to sweet talk, if they could upgrade me early by just few days. But, didn't work. So, wait continues until 26th. But had felt 9900, in life. It feels amazing and just was blown away. Left the store drooling.

08-20-11 02:44 PM
    why would they? handtec workers have homes to go to and more importantly, lives to lead beyond work
    Small thing called customer service. You may never have experienced it. Another reason, I've paid for it. A big launch, they knew they were going to get the stock in. They arranged the local deliveries and some of the international ones. They just happened to have held onto the ones that will tae the longest to deliver. Makes sense to you I guess.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it other than complain to Handtec and have a whinge. Back to your normal programming.
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 08-20-11 at 06:45 PM.
    08-20-11 06:16 PM
    This offer is good, as long as minutes are sufficient for you every month. Once you start to use out of ur allowance, the bill easily adds up. Data allowance is good though. Talk Mobile uses vodafone network. I remember using their pay as you go, year or so ago for a short while. Didn't find any difference to main networks. I didn't use data services though.

On a different note, been to local Vodafone store to sweet talk, if they could upgrade me early by just few days. But, didn't work. So, wait continues until 26th. But had felt 9900, in life. It feels amazing and just was blown away. Left the store drooling.

Ahh thanks you that's very reassuring about the Talk Mobile. I don't need that many minutes anymore due to parents being able to text

Sorry to hear about your Vodafone story mate. However chin up. It's less than a week to go when that your eligible for your upgrade.
    08-20-11 09:25 PM
    Small thing called customer service. You may never have experienced it. Another reason, I've paid for it. A big launch, they knew they were going to get the stock in. They arranged the local deliveries and some of the international ones. They just happened to have held onto the ones that will tae the longest to deliver. Makes sense to you I guess.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it other than complain to Handtec and have a whinge. Back to your normal programming.
    I'm in the same boat as you. There is no way that Hantec was caught off guard by the number of preorders. But if it gets here by Friday then I'll be happy.
    08-20-11 11:23 PM
    Got mine delivered to Switzerland from Handtec last night with DHL. 9900 is so thin! Feels so good in hand. Made in Hungary. No hardware issues as far as I can tell. Decided to order a screen protector and casemate barelythere for use when traveling.

T
    08-21-11 12:00 AM
    Well, I've been silent for a while and now I'm here. Yesterday at around 12:04pm I took delivery of my Bold 9900. Been playing around with it, setting it up. Actually, swapping everything over from my 9780 has been a piece of cake.

Really liking the device. Very thin, very fast. The updated socialfeeds app is wonderful.

Handtec sent it to me and it was made in Hungary 2 just like my previous Blackberry.

Trying to put music on it is annoying me. Getting a few empty duplicate folders for some odd reason. But it's not a deal breaker.
    08-21-11 04:33 AM
    Small thing called customer service. You may never have experienced it. Another reason, I've paid for it. A big launch
    never heard such nonsense.

the opening hours for handtec are clearly stated on their website (10am - 5.30pm monday to friday). so regardless of how big or small in your eyes a new product release is, why on earth are you assuming that they would work outside of these hours?
    08-21-11 04:59 AM
    Well, I've been silent for a while and now I'm here. Yesterday at around 12:04pm I took delivery of my Bold 9900. Been playing around with it, setting it up. Actually, swapping everything over from my 9780 has been a piece of cake.

Really liking the device. Very thin, very fast. The updated socialfeeds app is wonderful.

Handtec sent it to me and it was made in Hungary 2 just like my previous Blackberry.

Trying to put music on it is annoying me. Getting a few empty duplicate folders for some odd reason. But it's not a deal breaker.
    appreciate the infos, since i followed your step and ordered from handtec, my mind is at peace now
    08-21-11 06:50 AM

the opening hours for handtec are clearly stated on their website (10am - 5.30pm monday to friday). so regardless of how big or small in your eyes a new product release is, why on earth are you assuming that they would work outside of these hours?
    You are either a Handtec employee, or someone who has never organized anything before. Re-read what I posted. They had prior knowledge. Either way, what you think is of very little importance to me. Smh
    08-21-11 07:53 AM

I just had an email exchange with the staff at handtec... they are working outside working hours...
    08-21-11 10:05 AM
526 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD