Do you mind telling us where did you find the �460 deal?
    e2save. Talk mobile 12 month contract.

by the way. it's here! After placing it order at 5pm last night! It's so pretty and nice.. however I can't seem to get the back off. I don't want to yank it off and it breaks! It SO pretty and light! ohmygodd I didn't realise how light it was in the store and stuff!
    08-25-11 04:39 AM
    however I can't seem to get the back off. I don't want to yank it off and it breaks!
    fingernail in the gap and slide along lifting as you go
    08-25-11 04:54 AM
    fingernail in the gap and slide along lifting as you go
    I tried. I'm so scared my nail is going to break though End of teaspoon doesn't work either. May have to try a knife!
    08-25-11 05:00 AM
    keep at it with d fingernails! don't wanna scratch that puppy
    08-25-11 05:04 AM
    keep at it with d fingernails! don't wanna scratch that puppy
    Found a blunt screwdriver. LOL! only my dad can have a blunt screwdriver. It opened! YAYY
    08-25-11 05:08 AM
    Just got mine from blackberrystuff. They threw in a charging pod, I guess because the delivery was so late. Unfortunately I had already ordered a charging pod from play.com, so now I feel like I wasted 15 pounds.

Initial impression: I like the cover, it's stylish and the phone fits very well inside. There's an european charger in the box along the UK one, which is very useful. And by God, the battery is tiny.

Now signing off to assemble the thing. Wish me luck.
    08-25-11 06:35 AM
    Just got mine from blackberrystuff. They threw in a charging pod, I guess because the delivery was so late. Unfortunately I had already ordered a charging pod from play.com, so now I feel like I wasted 15 pounds.

Initial impression: I like the cover, it's stylish and the phone fits very well inside. There's an european charger in the box along the UK one, which is very useful. And by God, the battery is tiny.

Now signing off to assemble the thing. Wish me luck.
    I'll take that charging pod off you if it is a burden. Need to buy one as it is. Hopefully, will have my 9900 by this time tomorrow....excited.

Enjoy your phone. Let us know what you love and hate.
    08-25-11 11:16 AM
    I'll take that charging pod off you if it is a burden. Need to buy one as it is. Hopefully, will have my 9900 by this time tomorrow....excited.

Enjoy your phone. Let us know what you love and hate.
    Big disappointment so far

I wouldn't say I hate it but it managed to really annoy me for most of the afternoon. It's awkward to set up and does most things worse compared to my 4-year old nokia, including - unbelievably - gmail integration, maps, podcasts, battery life and reception.

Syncing with Outlook is faulty and produced each appointment and contact twice in the phone - sigh - I have hundreds of contacts and I just don't have the time to delete the duplicates by hand.

It came with a lot of useless bookmarks in the browser which cannot be deleted. I find this to be extremely condescending to the user and can't remember any phone that clogs your bookmarks folder like that.

Leaving the nicer screen side, it feels overall like a downgrade.
    08-25-11 11:35 AM
    It came with a lot of useless bookmarks in the browser which cannot be deleted. I find this to be extremely condescending to the user and can't remember any phone that clogs your bookmarks folder like that.

Leaving the nicer screen side, it feels overall like a downgrade.
    my sim free unit came with just 2 bookmarks. is yours sim free? did you have contacts on your sim card aswell as outlook then?
    08-25-11 11:42 AM
    my sim free unit came with just 2 bookmarks. is yours sim free? did you have contacts on your sim card aswell as outlook then?
    Yes, it's sim-free and unlocked, no branding on it. It came with 10 bookmarks grouped into three folders which cannot be deleted. It clutters the bookmark screen and it's particularly annoying as these default bookmarks point to sites like facebook and myspace and other garbage that I don't use.

The sim card is empty (I verified it), but still, it would be amazing if it had chosen to import them without asking for permission. It wasn't the case though.
    08-25-11 12:13 PM
    Does anyone know, if I was to purchase a 9900 on Vodafone from the Carphone Warehouse website, would it be an unlocked, unbranded phone like in-store?

Thanks.
    I've purchased Blackberry's online from CPW in the past and they have always been unlocked/unbranded. I've had my 9900 for a week now and it arrived unbranded and unlocked (from CPW UK) It was a breeze to swap over from my Curve 3G. The only odd thing that happened despite being unlocked was the device forced a 'wipe handheld' when I tried a SIM from a different carrier than I had originally set it up on. I've not come across any other device that does this although it is good practice to back up and wipe before swapping carriers.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-25-11 05:01 PM
    UPDATE: My 9900 has been sitting in Sydney (one hour's flight away) since Wednesday night. About 36 hours now.

Fedex tracking says it's still being sorted after being cleared by Customs. I rang FedEx. Now they can't tell me where it is. I'm assuming it's going to be delivered here today. Assuming. I have a knot in my stomach now. Grrr.... never using FedEx from Europe again.
    08-25-11 05:29 PM
    UPDATE: Received my 9900. Very happy camper.
    08-25-11 09:47 PM
    Congratz xD

I got mine today too.pretty happy with it... the keyboard is awesome
    08-25-11 09:59 PM
    ...mine had that too, but it appears that it was a kind of 'hangover' from when I did the BB Protect restore from my 9780 as the bookmarks were sites I'd previously visited, like my bank account etc, not just generic ones. And also, as you add your own new bookmarks, those 'pre-loaded' ones are gradually replaced. So it's not so bad
    08-26-11 02:30 AM
    Today is the day for me...hoping to pick it up from vodafone store this lunch time.
    08-26-11 05:07 AM
    ya I usually get mine form clove but as mentioned they are out of stock so this time got it form expansys. I think they only have a few pieces left from this shipment.
    08-26-11 06:31 AM
    i finally got mine today, it's hungary2 with .296, just finished moving my mails and contact.

ordered from handtec last saturday, and and i should have received it yesterday afternoon, but the damn DPD courier cant find my address, had to call and argue and yell (a little) at the dpd call center... , even a pizza boy can find my address without problems... should've asked handtec to use dhl...
    the box that came is already opened and everything works great. i'm thankful that handtec do that to check the stuff, considering the pain if i have to find any defect myself and return it to them. thanks handtec.
    08-26-11 08:51 AM
    Oh dear! I think i got up on wrong side of the bed this morning.

Went to a Vodafone store, to upgrade and pick up 9900. My contract doesn't end until end of November, but eligible for early upgrade from today. The sales rep took almost 45 mins to attend, oblivious to the queue building up. Finally, when i got my chance everything turned pear shaped.

If I wanted to upgrade there and then, he asked me to pay �225 upfront for �36/month 24 month contract. Couldn't believe my eyes when he showed it on the system. If I order the upgrade online, the device is free. So, had to come back and just ordered it online now.

Hopefully, it will be here tomorrow if I'm lucky. All in all couple of hours time wasted and frustrated. :-(
    08-26-11 10:20 AM
    Oh dear! I think i got up on wrong side of the bed this morning.

Went to a Vodafone store, to upgrade and pick up 9900. My contract doesn't end until end of November, but eligible for early upgrade from today. The sales rep took almost 45 mins to attend, oblivious to the queue building up. Finally, when i got my chance everything turned pear shaped.

If I wanted to upgrade there and then, he asked me to pay �225 upfront for �36/month 24 month contract. Couldn't believe my eyes when he showed it on the system. If I order the upgrade online, the device is free. So, had to come back and just ordered it online now.

Hopefully, it will be here tomorrow if I'm lucky. All in all couple of hours time wasted and frustrated. :-(
    Voda seem to be messing about with their upgrades, since they started this upgrade early/online business. Perhaps they are just trying to take the pressure off numbers of people going to stores by making in-store u/g deals significantly worse? Last time I upgraded (last Nov?) I did it in P4U as there's no Voda store near my work, but the deal wasn't massively great.
    08-26-11 10:29 AM
    Yes, I think the same. Probably forcing people to upgrade online, reducing dependence on retail stores/sales people.
    08-26-11 11:03 AM
    That is strange. My in-store experience was the complete opposite...must be due to my winning smile
    08-26-11 01:43 PM
    Looks like, I will have to wait until tuesday. :-(
    08-26-11 02:01 PM
    Finally jumped ship to Vodafone! The store staff were great, got a good deal as well:

�36/month, 1000 mins, unlimited texts, 500Mb Internet and free phone (which is unbranded as well! )

Only downside is that I have to wait until Wednesday for my number to port over

Bloody bank holidays
    Last edited by philhealy88; 08-27-11 at 05:17 AM.
    08-27-11 05:14 AM
    100 mins + 1000 texts + 1GB data = �30 p/m for 12 months. and pay �100 up front for the phone? I think that sounds amazing as it roughly adds up to less than �500.
    Hello I just want to say a big thank you for posting this! I ordered the exact same deal from e2save and am very much in love with my new bb

I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but the contract comes with 1 month free insurance and technical support, you would have to cancel them within 14 days or they will start charging you a monthly fee... So be careful!!

Thanks again

PS. not sure if I did the quote thing right... I am only new here
    08-27-11 02:47 PM
526 ... 19202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD