Similarly, if you select an Orange tariff from Phones 4 U it shows as the phone being delivered on 1st September.
    08-23-11 09:27 AM
    My 9900 came this morning, it has 3G bands 1,6, and 8. So it should work on 3G for both AT&T and T-Mobile. But i still how no idea how to get visual voicemail, any ideas?
    08-23-11 03:36 PM
    Mines just left Guognchun (sp?) China. So can't be that far away. Visual voicemail would be carrier enabled I think.
    08-23-11 04:03 PM
    Correction, it only supports T-Mobile bands. Good thing I'm on AT&T huh? My fault, preordered it when their specs weren't listed. I'm going to try and trade with someone on Craigslist and maybe give them a little bit extra xash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 05:49 PM
    Aug 24, 2011 1:54 PM In transit SAMUTPRAKARN TH

man, this is like chinese water torture! It took over 8 hours of flight from China to Thailand ... which is normally done in 3. argh....
    08-24-11 12:24 AM
    Guys! convince me why I should get this. I found a deal �460 however I'm quite tempted to stick with android, the sony Xperia mini pro for more than half the price �150 and I'm slightly anxious to be changing OS in case I dislike blackberry after a while. =/ erk

Edit - forgot to add I played with a dummy phone in store today instead of a live version so I'm not too sure what I think of it to be honest. It's very nice and thin but I'm not sure about eh OS. Argh I need a proper phone to play with.
    08-24-11 12:59 AM
    Honestly, if you don't like it you can sell it to the likes of me for very little loss.
    08-24-11 01:09 AM
    anybody else notice that carphone whorehouse isnt selling the 9900 on orange anymore? - it was �79 yesterday on �40 :-\

BlackBerry Bold 9900 mobile phone - On Various networks - The Carphone Warehouse
    08-24-11 02:41 AM
    Just noticed, Amazon.co.uk has it in stock and ready for next day delivery. Price at �519.99
    08-24-11 07:14 AM
    play.com have it in stock too
    08-24-11 07:17 AM
    Sure it must be easier (and cheaper) to drop by local o2 or Voda stores and blag the manager into selling you one contract free?
    08-24-11 07:35 AM
    Guys! convince me why I should get this. I found a deal �460 however I'm quite tempted to stick with android, the sony Xperia mini pro for more than half the price �150 and I'm slightly anxious to be changing OS in case I dislike blackberry after a while. =/ erk

Edit - forgot to add I played with a dummy phone in store today instead of a live version so I'm not too sure what I think of it to be honest. It's very nice and thin but I'm not sure about eh OS. Argh I need a proper phone to play with.
    seriously, its all a matter of personal choice, all that i can say is having used almost every bb up to now this 9900 this by far and away the best handset they have ever made. OS 7 is very good software, its just an upgrade rom os6 which maybe you would have seen on a torch or a 9780. there are lots of little nuances in this latest version that are excellent and shows that RIM are now thinking more of the end user.

Quality of phone itself is amazing. Its as good as an Iphone 4 quality. More Expensive components than normal and well put together. Screen quality is superb even in sunlight.

Sorry but you could not compare it to a xperia mini pro, if you do get and dont like it you can either return it within 7days if you bought online or sell on ebay where you will get a high price for it of over 400.00
    08-24-11 07:37 AM
    Sorry but you could not compare it to a xperia mini pro, if you do get and dont like it you can either return it within 7days if you bought online or sell on ebay where you will get a high price for it of over 400.00

Mm I know you can't compare the two phones haha. I wasn't hoping a comparison of such but just wondering if anyone here changed from an android to a blackberry (actually may check that thread in GD) and liked the transition.
    08-24-11 08:54 AM
    Sure it must be easier (and cheaper) to drop by local o2 or Voda stores and blag the manager into selling you one contract free?
    Better off by �60 or so getting directly from Vodafone or O2. The only difference being the ones sold by amazon and other retailers is they are unlocked and without carrier branding/splash screen.

08-24-11 08:55 AM
    *gulp*
    08-24-11 11:30 AM
    gulp what?
    08-24-11 11:56 AM
    gulp what?
    Can you see the screenshot ? Finally ordered the phone!
    08-24-11 12:14 PM
    Don't worry! You'll be ok and enjoy the phone hopefully.

08-24-11 01:04 PM
    Mines still "in transit" in bloody Thailand. Its been sitting there for the past 16 hours! Had I known Fedex from the UK was soooo slow I wouldn't have bothered. I could buy locally now.
    08-24-11 03:51 PM
    That sucks! 16 hrs in one place is not fun at all. Hopefully, it is a tracking glitch.

08-24-11 05:05 PM
    Oh! Forgot. Just one more day to go and I can pick up mine at local vodafone store.

08-24-11 05:07 PM

Do you mind telling us where did you find the �460 deal?
    08-24-11 05:16 PM
    Mines still "in transit" in bloody Thailand. Its been sitting there for the past 16 hours! Had I known Fedex from the UK was soooo slow I wouldn't have bothered. I could buy locally now.
    Mine was for 37 hours in some depot in UK -_-
    08-24-11 05:43 PM
    I rang FedEx this morning. I was pretty peeved after a guy here ordered one from the same store - paid less for shipping than me - chose DHL as the courier - and it's shipped a day AFTER mine - his is being delivered today. Mine's prospects at best is tomorrow. So, how can DHL effectively be 2 full days faster than FedEx in what is essentially a 21 hour flight?

I'd put the tracking details, but it's depressing all the time that my parcel has been sitting and waiting at various airports.

Anyway, they tell me this morning that the parcel has arrived in Sydney last night (nothing about this on the tracking webpage) and is awaiting Customs clearance. They tell me it's DUE for delivery tomorrow.

I just get the feeling that it could have been delivered a lot earlier, it's just that they say the 26th and that's the day it will get delivered. Even if they actually stall to get to that day.

Sigh.

EDIT: I just looked back. I've bought dozens of things previously overseas and used FedEx pretty much all the time. But it's the UK deliveries that cause me grief. The USA importation process is quick and pretty much flawless. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Free Trade Agreeement we have with the US?
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 08-24-11 at 06:35 PM.
    08-24-11 06:30 PM
    DHL has better network in Europe at least compared to Fedex. That may be the advantage it got delivered 2 days early.

I send documents to India regularly from UK, Fedex took whole 5 days and charged �45, DHL took 3 days and �32 another local courier with good network in India took 3 days and �15. So, name is not everything. Fedex would be good in USA, I suppose.

Hope u get urs very soon.

08-25-11 01:23 AM
526 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD