Clove website: "FIRST STOCK ARRIVED - SOLD OUT - MORE DUE NEXT WEEK"

LOL.
    08-19-11 07:27 AM
    what i dont get is - Vodafail are selling their 9900 stock - i've got one here.

only issues i've found is:

1. hardly any of my old apps work (not a new thing, happens when you move os)
    2. when sending an sms - it doesnt count the characters
    3. some of the text on the menu's and dialogue boxes arent in proportion
    4. had an issue where the clock reset to a different time, resolved by removing battery, and reseting network time)

other than that.. thats it
    08-19-11 07:30 AM
    GumMobile.com on Facebook:
    Blackberry 9900 Update, Confirmed landing and shipping today. We would like to thank all customers for their patience. If you do email us please bare with us and we will answer as soon as possible during this very busy period
    So if they really ship it till 8pm, its nice but it will not arrive tomorrow and in some shop reviews i read their clients wont get tracking-numbers, so we can not estimate at which day it will arrive. :-(
    08-19-11 07:39 AM
    I have had enough and I am going to the Vodafone shop...I refuse to wait any longer! Not so bad now seeing as they have a �36 pm deal with free phone. Previously you could only get the phone free on the �41 pm deal. Bye Bye CPW, you have disappointed me for too long.
    08-19-11 07:49 AM
    I just spoke to someone at CPW and have been told that units had to be recalled due to software error and that they are expected next Thursday. He also said that seeing as they are relying on customer beta testing that I should really see about leaving it until mid September
    I don't know about you, but I would rather have it today and update the software myself. I'll be the judge of software errors. Unless it was a critical one, but people who have received it already haven't encountered anything too damaging. No critical errors? I'd rather handle updates myself, thanks. If it wasn't an early upgrade on someone else's contract, I'd go elsewhere. I'm stuck, but others should consider going somewhere other than CPW. Even if the reasons behind the delay are legitimate, communication to customers has been poor and inconsistent.
    JoCeeCee likes this.
    08-19-11 07:56 AM
    I think it may be BS, what CPW are saying. May be I'm wrong.

As JoCeeCee said, just noticed voda are doing �36/month with free device. I think it is sweet. Good deal. But I have to wait until 26th. Just a week to go.

If I had pre-ordered with CPW or phones4u, would have cancelled and gone with Vodafone with the above deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:04 AM
    Vodafail are picking up business from whorehouse and phones4nobody quite easy now.
    08-19-11 08:12 AM
    Vodafail are picking up business from whorehouse and phones4nobody quite easy now.
    Yeah well it wouldn't surprise me if this "software error" thing was a cover up for a supply side problem caused by Vodafone's meddling.
    08-19-11 08:15 AM
    i heard that Vodafail had a 1 week exclusivity on the device. - the one i have is unbranded, but does sport VF wallpaper and boot screen.

Im still convinced the EE delay is all around a theme to brand the software Orange.

im stuck between rock and a hard place. - I've been released from my VF contact, and i wanted to go back to Orange, my Pac expires on 03/09 and im on holiday for 2 weeks as of 31/08.

VF wont do me an upgrade deal, as i had my commitment changed from 24 to 12 months, and my target spend is around �240 (used to have 50% disc too) - which means i've got to pay heaps.

maybe i should just wait, and sort it out when i get back. - then i'll end up with 2 9900's lol
    08-19-11 08:19 AM
    I just spoke to someone in the termination team for Orange who wasn't up to date because she'd been on holiday for 3 weeks. She checked with a collegue and then said it will be available in a week or two and to phone back next Friday. Not sure how much of that was her trying to prevent me from leaving but I can wait another week and then end it then if it still isn't available...
    08-19-11 09:09 AM
    Now Carphone Warehouse have phoned me back and told me I'll be receiving it on Monday. If it's true it's not so bad. But I won't hold my breath.

This may not be the case for everyone with CPW though, as he mentioned something about a quota.
    Last edited by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken; 08-19-11 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Addition
    08-19-11 09:11 AM
    So if they really ship it till 8pm, its nice but it will not arrive tomorrow and in some shop reviews i read their clients wont get tracking-numbers, so we can not estimate at which day it will arrive. :-(
    I got a tracking number for mine, and delivery is due 22nd

Scheduled Delivery: 22-August-2011

Shipment Detail
    08-19-11 09:33 AM
    2. when sending an sms - it doesnt count the characters
    It does when you start to run out of them
    08-19-11 09:47 AM
    08-19-11 09:53 AM
    08-19-11 09:54 AM
    KingOfGadgets clearly had them but are sold out. Next shipment due early September:
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phone
    08-19-11 09:55 AM
    Just picked one up from voda store in knniard park in Edinburgh as SIM free for �450.

It had to authorised by the store manager as he said it was only ok if there was enough stock.

Not yet opened it, have 7 days to take it back if it's not for me.

My account already has bis on it from when I had a 9700 and torch but been using an iPhone4 for 6 months now.

S.
    08-19-11 10:11 AM
    Just spoke to Carphone Warehouse in Bristol and the person seem clueless. No idea when they are getting it in stock and told me for sure that it's not coming to Carphone Warehouse until maybe end of the month?

Hmm. I may try Phones 4 U now.
    08-19-11 10:12 AM
    Just spoke to Carphone Warehouse in Bristol and the person seem clueless. No idea when they are getting it in stock and told me for sure that it's not coming to Carphone Warehouse until maybe end of the month?

Hmm. I may try Phones 4 U now.
    They are available and in stock on their website according to a previous poster. They only just updated. If you order online, you may get it Monday, which is when I was told my preorder would arrive.
    08-19-11 10:15 AM
    Handtec stock arrived. Looks like I will have mine tomorrow.
    08-19-11 10:39 AM
    OH MOMMA! My phone will be with me tomorrow. In my anxious excitement I went onto GumMobile and ordered one too so now cancelling that lol
    08-19-11 10:49 AM
    Handtec stock arrived. Looks like I will have mine tomorrow.
    Lucky. Are you sure they do Saturday deliveries? They cost extra so CPW won't it seems :-(

If Handtec does though, I'm happy for you, albeit a little envious ;-)
    08-19-11 10:59 AM
    Lucky. Are you sure they do Saturday deliveries? They cost extra so CPW won't it seems :-(

If Handtec does though, I'm happy for you, albeit a little envious ;-)

They do Saturday deliveries, and even though I didn't pay for one when I ordered the phone last month they're still gonna send it for tomorrow because of the delays.
    08-19-11 11:17 AM
    They do Saturday deliveries, and even though I didn't pay for one when I ordered the phone last month they're still gonna send it for tomorrow because of the delays.
    That's very good of them. I may have to use them in the future. Have fun when it arrives tomorrow :-)
    08-19-11 11:24 AM
    GAHHH! I just phoned up phones 4 U and asked them if they did price match previously with my first phone call last week. "yes yes we do do price match" I asked them again earlier this week I think it was Tuesday I phoned them up " Yes yes we do". Phoned them today "No we can't price match that!"

RARARGH. I'm just going to bite the bullet and hope for the best and buy online really now. I just don't like this waiting malarky and hope that my phone doesn't have too many problems and I do fall in love with it.
    08-19-11 11:38 AM
526 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD