I suppose you get Distance Sellers Act if they are branded anyway.
    08-17-11 05:00 AM
    Mmmm looks like I'm kinda banking on O2 getting them in tomorrow now...... Gonna go into an O2 shop today and get a confirmation; post back on here if I get any news

Hating Vodafone right now!!!
    I'd be surprised if anyone else has them before the 26th at this rate.
    08-17-11 05:16 AM
    Ive just got mine, that i ordered off ebay it is vodafone locked but im vodafone so that didnt bother me, it isnt branded no vodafone marks on it at all but the logo appears on start up thats all
    Ive cancelled my pre order with play ridiculous waiting time
    hope you guys get one soon and love it
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    08-17-11 05:48 AM
    I'd be surprised if anyone else has them before the 26th at this rate.
    The distributor I'm using...

Brightpoint Great Britain - Great Britain

... has assured me that their stock is arriving on the 19th, and that they'll be in my hands on Monday 22nd, I've no reason to believe otherwise.
    08-17-11 06:34 AM
    Woohoo, O2 said they'll be available tomorrow Plus just checked their website too and the 9900 is available and in stock

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fwQLsoCU

Just hope they let me buy it outright, as I still have 12 months on my 24 month contract :/ Ahh the days when all contracts were 12 months......
    Last edited by madmax9876; 08-17-11 at 07:55 AM.
    08-17-11 07:51 AM
    Brightpoint are normally pretty straightforward people to deal with especially if you have a good relationship with them. I'd go with what they're saying give or take a day or two.

As I've said on other threads, if the phone has Mexico on the box, send it back, or if you're in store open it and check it thoroughly for build defects, Hungarian ones are a lot more soundly put together.
    08-17-11 07:56 AM
    Now, if Handtec used Brightpoint I'd sleep better tonight.
    08-17-11 08:10 AM
    Thanks for the tips DM.

I'm desperately waiting for 26th Aug, when I will be able to upgrade. But learning, new Vodafone UK stock comes branded has left me with a tinge of disappointment. Thinking of contacting my local Vodafone store to see if they can save a unbranded unit for until 26th. But think it is highly unlikely. :-(
    08-17-11 08:12 AM
    How come it was only early Vodafone stock that came unbranded?

Woohoo, O2 said they'll be available tomorrow Plus just checked their website too and the 9900 is available and in stock

Phone Product Detail <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td align="center"> <table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td> <font class="gamma" size="2"><span class="gamma-neg-alert"> Your browser does n

Just hope they let me buy it outright, as I still have 12 months on my 24 month contract :/ Ahh the days when all contracts were 12 months......
    I see O2 are still only doing 12 month contracts for existing customers? I thought Ofcom put a stop to that back in May so that all carriers had to offer 12 month contracts as minimum?
    08-17-11 08:15 AM
    Ooh O2 are showing as in stock for tomorrow delivery !

That is something I did not see happening today.

Result for all who wanted it on O2 then, no ?
    08-17-11 08:18 AM
    It's also interesting that their insurance page is pegging the phone at �359 to replace, either that's a typo, or the handset only price from O2 is very very good !
    08-17-11 08:20 AM
    How come it was only early Vodafone stock that came unbranded?

I see O2 are still only doing 12 month contracts for existing customers? I thought Ofcom put a stop to that back in May so that all carriers had to offer 12 month contracts as minimum?
    I think you might be right.... but don't think you can get a decent phone with a reasonable amount of minutes/text. Unless you got a 12 month simplicity that is.

Oh yeah, just double checked and phoned O2 Sales Team, they said it is out tomorrow in stores and it can be bought outright
    08-17-11 08:22 AM
    As I've said on other threads, if the phone has Mexico on the box, send it back, or if you're in store open it and check it thoroughly for build defects, Hungarian ones are a lot more soundly put together.
    do you know of any online retailers that are able to check this for you before ordering? could save heaps o hassle if hungarian really is the way to go
    08-17-11 08:24 AM

Phone Product Detail <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td align="center"> <table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td> <font class="gamma" size="2"><span class="gamma-neg-alert"> Your browser does n

I just checked with O2 on Oxford street. They also confirmed stock for tomorrow. But they said for Pay & Go i'd have to double check again tomorrow to see if it's available that way.
    08-17-11 08:30 AM
    That's just my personal experience with handset quality for the past year that Mexican handsets are not put together as well, if you're not obsessive about quality then the Mexican handsets will probably be just fine.

If you look around on this forum, you can see a few people kicking up a fuss about Telus supplied 9900s from the Mexican plants that have touch and go build.

I know Vodafone stock is from Hungary for the first batch, beyond that I have no idea of the logistics internally at RIM and where handsets are coming from and going to.

However, the manufacturing plant is written on the side of the retail box, so a half decent retailer with their own warehouse on site, shouldn't theoretically have too much trouble checking it over for you. I'd guess the bigger the retailer, the harder that prospect becomes.

As I've also said elsewhere, BlackBerryStuff.co.uk have one of the best UK warranties for Blackberries going IMO, 24month courier swap out, which is crucial if you're buying the phone unattached as the warranty is always through the retailer and not direct from RIM (unless buying a PB). I've sent friends their way for sim free units before and they've had nothing but compliments for them. They are a v.small company from what I can tell though, so I don't know if they're here for the long term yet or not.

Anyway more food for thought
    08-17-11 08:31 AM
    This is the best one yet.

Ur-mobile.com claims they have them in-stock for immediate dispatch. However, clicking on the 'add to basket' link for the Bold 9900 (or any other phone) appears to do nothing.
    We have now fixed the error on our site, thanks to Crigga84 - been told by the geeky guys in our office that it was a AJAX error (thought that was a kitchen cleaner??) This model phone ready to dispatch early next week.
    08-17-11 09:09 AM
    I have been Vodafone loyal for the last 15 odd years and my upgrade date is actually today. Rather than go back to the Vodafone shop I'm choosing to wait it out until CPW gets the 9900 in because I really want one of their Vodafone deals, their phones are unlocked and they are usually non-carrier branded. IMO this phone is far to beautiful to taint with some poxy logo
    08-17-11 09:21 AM
    I've just completed a fast-track upgrade on the O2 website and the phone will be delivered tomorrow. I've committed to a new 24 month contract, but I saved �4 a month on the contract I'm already on by doing so. Not much I know, but all these monthly saving add up

Anyway, new 9900 will be in my possession sometime tomorrow, can't wait
    Last edited by gavinl1967; 08-17-11 at 10:21 AM.
    madmax9876 likes this.
    08-17-11 09:27 AM
    Ran into this while doing some searching

Three Media Centre - Available on Three

Says 3 UK will also be selling the 9900 on Pay & Go for �449. Beats all the other �500 shops and with a �1 ebay unlocking code
    08-17-11 03:28 PM
    Latest Choice claim to have it in-stock, dispatch in 2-3 days.

Reviews for the website are good.
    08-17-11 03:38 PM
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked but will the O2 ones be branded? And I am shocked that it's coming out tomorrow as I asked an O2 store today and he had no clue when it was coming out... He even called it the "Curve 9900" :O I didn't want to correct him though to save the embarassment lol. The lady at the other o2 store said it was coming out in September. These are the o2 stores in manchester

I just also realized you can't buy it without a contract on o2! >
    Last edited by Sanu; 08-17-11 at 03:47 PM.
    08-17-11 03:43 PM
    Yep the O2 ones should be branded according to the O2 shop manager in Oxford Street. It seems definite it is out tomorrow for contracts (i checked with 3 different stores in London and it's even on the website as in being in stock), but still need to find out about if it's available for PAYG for those who want to buy it outright.
    08-17-11 04:13 PM
    Decided to cancel my one with CPW and go directly with Vodafone. Walked out with it today in my hand! Much better
    08-17-11 04:17 PM
    Getting Fed up with this, Ordered From Vodafone Direct last night, cancelled My CPW order this morning, Still had no confirmation from Vodafone, Called them up and they said my order is being processed, Still No further confirmation of Delivery, I dont think im meant to have this phone!!
    Now I read its out on O2 tomorrow, Which i would of went for as both Vodafone and O2 get good signals in my area.
    08-17-11 05:41 PM
    Getting Fed up with this, Ordered From Vodafone Direct last night, cancelled My CPW order this morning, Still had no confirmation from Vodafone, Called them up and they said my order is being processed, Still No further confirmation of Delivery, I dont think im meant to have this phone!!
    Now I read its out on O2 tomorrow, Which i would of went for as both Vodafone and O2 get good signals in my area.
    It could just be the credit check that's holding it up.
    08-17-11 05:45 PM
526 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD