Three out of four Carphone Warehouse stores had the dummy units on display. One guy said they were meant to come in over the weekend but hadn't. Seemed confident about Thursday.
    08-16-11 11:11 AM
    Well, just did the same. Handtec showing a delay to 19th, so cancelled their order and ordered �50 cheaper with these guys and hopefully delivery tomorrow.

We'll see...
    Cancelled Handtec order yesterday, and this afternoon Paypal notified me they had refunded the money back into my Paypal account.

Kudos to Handtec. My estimation of them continues to grow.
    08-16-11 11:18 AM
    Let us know who gets it first, and from where.
    08-16-11 11:22 AM
    Don't be tempted to go with Purely Gadgets.

They stock sod all and most of the stuff they sell is grey imports so you won't get a UK warranty.

Add to that their customer service is pathetic and blatantly lie to you.

Just google reviews and you will see what I mean.

I ordered a playbook saying it was in stock, it wasn't and i was fobbed off with no end of rubbish. It arrived about 8 days later and it was imported, they basically just threw an adapter in for the plug in the box.
    Last edited by Berry_UK; 08-16-11 at 11:38 AM.
    08-16-11 11:31 AM
    I'll try CPW on my lunch break on Thursday
    Just hope when they say they're getting stock in on Thursday that it's not just the warehouse stock to send to customers who ordered online for Friday.....
    08-16-11 11:34 AM
    Carphone Warehouse just emailed me to say:

"Thank you for choosing to purchase your BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 at The Carphone Warehouse. We're writing to let you know that unfortunately the delivery of this smartphone has been delayed by a few days.

We expect stock to arrive in our warehouse next week, and will be delivering your smartphone by Friday 26th August.
    "

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:57 AM
    Damn them! i feel the rest will also follow again with amended dates
    08-16-11 01:17 PM

"Thank you for choosing to purchase your BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 at The Carphone Warehouse. We're writing to let you know that unfortunately the delivery of this smartphone has been delayed by a few days.

We expect stock to arrive in our warehouse next week, and will be delivering your smartphone by Friday 26th August.
    "

Ahhhhh!! I'm hating Vodafone more and more now. Deffo not switching now! Just hope O2 get them in on Thursday :/
    08-16-11 01:30 PM

"

Just Got this email too, Quite annoyed to be honest especially as they emailed me yesterday saying i would receive it on the 18th, Canceling the order tomorrow morning, something i wish id just done at the start of the week!
    08-16-11 01:35 PM
    I'm still hoping some other places get them in, but as CPW is usually the first for sim free handsets I'm not gonna hold my breath

08-16-11 01:47 PM
    CPW emailed me and said it was delayed.... I got onto Vodafone directly, told them what had happened....

....I have cancelled with CPW as Voda have given me and even better deal for going straight through them - 600 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb data, free 9900. Will be delivered on Thursday!!
    08-16-11 01:49 PM
    I've cancelled my order with Kick as well. They refunded the payment immediately.
    08-16-11 01:49 PM
    I've not had anything from CPW yet and the website still suggests the 18th so will see what happens.

To be honest this release is becoming a bit of a farce now.
    08-16-11 01:58 PM
    hi guys had the same cpw email as you saying that order delayed until next week when stock arrives.

spoke to several people at cpw on phone and they confirmed that the stock is in their warehouse but they are not allowed to release them yet,

is this a one week exclusive for voda, seems the same as what they did with the torch, seriously fed up now.

i can cancel and go to voda but then who wants a branded phone thats not unlocked.

not sure what to do now. very poor communication on this, and not helping that all my buddies in the us have received their verizon ones today.
    08-16-11 02:01 PM
    hi guys had the same cpw email as you saying that order delayed until next week when stock arrives.

spoke to several people at cpw on phone and they confirmed that the stock is in their warehouse but they are not allowed to release them yet,

is this a one week exclusive for voda, seems the same as what they did with the torch, seriously fed up now.

i can cancel and go to voda but then who wants a branded phone thats not unlocked.

not sure what to do now. very poor communication on this, and not helping that all my buddies in the us have received their verizon ones today.

has anyone ordered on here from blackberry stuff.
    08-16-11 02:02 PM
    Anyone have any inside info on the likely Orange release date? When I called them yesterday they told me that they were having trouble putting their software on the phone and that it might not launch with them until the end of September!!!

08-16-11 02:13 PM
    Just phoned CPW. I said i placed an order for a phone and was just curious as to when its going to be in stock and when it going to be delivered. She straight away said is it the Blackberry, i said yes and she said they're expecting them in on the 18th. I asked does that include sim free and she said yes.

So if the 1 week exclusive is true then from what i can tell CPW will be posting Thursday for delivery Friday which would be 7 days.
    08-16-11 02:13 PM
    Sounds to me like everyone at CPW thinks differently.

Personally, I believe the email I got from them...... Oh well, I'm not fussed anyway as this time on Thurs I'll have a 9900 in my hands.

08-16-11 02:18 PM
    Pfff...Is there any way I can go into a coma for two weeks so I can wake up and have my new phone with me?
    08-16-11 02:24 PM
    Wow. So UK retailers have stock. Damn you Vodafone!

08-16-11 02:26 PM
    Not sure what to make of this!

Blackberry 9900 on O2 - Ebay
    08-16-11 04:15 PM
    just about sums it all up really. CPW not releasing until next thursday abut this guy has got hold of 5 of these locked to o2.

i agree with the earlier comment, might just be better to go in a coma for a week.
    08-16-11 05:21 PM
    O2 UK will be selling the 9900 on Pay and Go for �449. It is very likely that it will have to be bought with a �10 top up.

Lass in the Belfast store said they will have them in stock on Saturday.

Mine is coming from Clove and is due to be posted on Friday 19th I should have it on Saturday hopefully but if they mess up somehow I will be popping into an O2 store near me. They'd better have one!
    08-16-11 05:31 PM
    O2 UK will be selling the 9900 on Pay and Go for �449. It is very likely that it will have to be bought with a �10 top up.

Lass in the Belfast store said they will have them in stock on Saturday.

Mine is coming from Clove and is due to be posted on Friday 19th I should have it on Saturday hopefully but if they mess up somehow I will be popping into an O2 store near me. They'd better have one!
    Hmm that sounds like a good deal. Although I'm not sure if it's better to buy the phone as PAYG and then put in a 30 day rolling sim in it or buy it with a 24 month contract for a total �575.99 with paying �59.99 upfront for the phone and �21.50 every month ?
    08-16-11 06:32 PM
    Hope o2 have it soon, Im fed up of waiting, just want this phone now
    08-16-11 06:39 PM
526 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD