Do you think the sim free version will be unlocked from O2?

I would say no. Pretty sure about that.

Carphonewarehouse and Phones4u will be unlocked though.
    08-15-11 02:37 PM
    Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for the blackberry to drop in price usually with the bold? I'm thinking if I go for the 24 month contract, I will have no money for much else... so may have to wait until it drop in price perhaps... um

Oh I don't know what to do . Being jobless and trying to look for a job for quite a while now is making me doubt weather or not I can afford this phone.
    Don't worry buddy! good things will happen soon!
    Better to hold on to your money until you have some income going than splash out
    08-15-11 02:38 PM
    Vodafone NL says: 17th of August, but i doubt it. I think the UK get the phones faster than in The Netherlands, or am i wrong?
    08-15-11 03:38 PM
    I'm starting to wonder whether CPW will ever release this phone!
    08-15-11 04:37 PM
    Do you think the sim free version will be unlocked from O2?
    I thought all O2 phones were unlocked? Every one I've had from them has been.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 04:43 PM
    How do you mean? Cancel with Handtec no probs.
    I would BUT: I paid with paypal. If I cancel it takes about a week to get the money back. They are about the only people that ship to Australia. Their price is great (no VAT). They are about the only ones that take Paypal.

So, I'll give them another few days.
    08-15-11 06:26 PM
    I would BUT: I paid with paypal. If I cancel it takes about a week to get the money back. They are about the only people that ship to Australia. Their price is great (no VAT). They are about the only ones that take Paypal.

So, I'll give them another few days.

Fair enough. I am sticking with them too because they are a good seller and I doubt anywhere else will get it before them (apart from Vodafone).
    08-15-11 06:28 PM
    Fair enough. I am sticking with them too because they are a good seller and I doubt anywhere else will get it before them (apart from Vodafone).
    That's the other reason.
    08-15-11 07:16 PM
    ...same here! Got all excited when I saw the post about the �450 deal, until I read the 'smallprint' about their stocks only being Voda etc, and I've gone for the sim-free option!! Handtec still saying Aug 19th so hopefully that won't change again...
    08-16-11 12:15 AM
    Just spoke to a mate who works for Vodafone, they only have it exclusively for 7 days so Friday seems to be the day of reckoning!
    So seems like this Friday will be the day for everyone to get them then - all Vodafone's fault..
    08-16-11 12:40 AM
    What do you guys think about this site http://www.blackberrystuff.co.uk listed in the first post. Is this really a legit trader? Any experience with this shop? The are listening the bold as in stock already.
    08-16-11 01:40 AM
    What do you guys think about this site http://www.blackberrystuff.co.uk listed in the first post. Is this really a legit trader? Any experience with this shop? The are listening the bold as in stock already.
    Still showing as pre-order too so I'd doubt it's in stock.
    08-16-11 03:52 AM
    True but there is an icon saying "in stock". Theres still something about this site... dunno. Also this alliance member logo which implies they are an Alliance Member which i bet they are not. (Can't find them in the UK List of Alliance Members)
    08-16-11 04:23 AM
    Still showing as pre-order too so I'd doubt it's in stock.
    They sent me this yesterday:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we have been given the
    allocation and we will physically have the handsets with us on Friday.

Just thought I would give you an update as to were we are with these as
    there has been a very slight delay
    But I would still go with a trusted seller.
    08-16-11 04:26 AM
    I notice KICK's eBay listings have Friday the 19th or Monday 22nd. Bloody thing's creeping out day by day....
    08-16-11 04:30 AM
    I notice KICK's eBay listings have Friday the 19th or Monday 22nd. Bloody thing's creeping out day by day....
    I've pre-ordered from them on eBay. If they don't ship it today then I'm eligible for a refund. But more than that, I want the phone....
    08-16-11 04:55 AM
    I've jusy enquired with 02 and their saying the 18th, but they did say the 15th last week so I don't think they really know..... They havn't even got the plans etc on there system yet and won't be able to process orders till the 9900 is live as on option on the website apperantly....

08-16-11 05:19 AM
    Purely Gadgets claim to have one in stock, but I've just spoke to someone on live chat on their website and it will only arrive between between 2-5 working days because of some delivery backlog.
    08-16-11 06:08 AM
    Reeeeaaaally...... Interesting that. . How many orders do you think the likes of Handtec and Cloves have had?
    08-16-11 06:20 AM
    Purely Gadgets claim to have one in stock, but I've just spoke to someone on live chat on their website and it will only arrive between between 2-5 working days because of some delivery backlog.
    I love their web site. One of the reasons you should buy from us? Because In Stock means In Stock! Hehe
    08-16-11 06:22 AM
    Hate it when retailers say somethings in stock when it's clearly not
    I'm just goin to go into either O2 or Carphone Warehouse on Thursday and buy it sim free. To think I was gonna switch to Voda when my contract ended, but making me wait another week for my 9900, they can sod off

08-16-11 06:37 AM
    Play.com's site has changed and is all nice and colourful now. But still 22nd for the 9900
    08-16-11 07:39 AM
    Spoke to Carphone Warehouse again earlier. Their stock is definitely arriving Thursday, so anyone who's pre-ordered will receive the handset on Friday
    08-16-11 10:23 AM
    Spoke to Carphone Warehouse again earlier. Their stock is definitely arriving Thursday, so anyone who's pre-ordered will receive the handset on Friday
    Do you reckon that'll be in store as well?

08-16-11 10:43 AM
    Do you reckon that'll be in store as well?

By the sounds of it, yes.
    08-16-11 11:07 AM
526 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD