I think, nobody really knows at which time they get the Bold in Stock. Look at Expansys, i looked one hour ago on the Website, an there i found, that the 9900 will be in stock in 2 Days. Now i look again, the Website says in 5 Days they will be in stock, its like lottery.

I asked some Onlineshops and the most said, 15th August, now it is in this week, and tomorrow they will tell us, on the 22. August.

I dont know, where the Problem is for RIM to tell the Distributors the Dates of the Release and the Delivery, so i think they handle it all like a state secret.

So now iam waiting for the Mail from Gum Mobile, that the Release is scheduled for later, yeah i bet today no BB9900 will be shipped ... :-)
    08-15-11 04:05 AM
    Handtec saying: UK Release Delayed Until 19th August 2011

Uhhhh
    08-15-11 04:23 AM
    Handtec saying: UK Release Delayed Until 19th August 2011

Uhhhh
    They twittered one minute ago:

Twitter
    08-15-11 04:26 AM
    It's a friggin nightmare!
    08-15-11 04:29 AM
    yeah, just checked the Handtec site and it says the same, UK release delayed until 19th August...
    08-15-11 04:33 AM
    And yet they still take people's money up front. Grrr...

I can get one off eBay from Canada a week earlier than them now..... Hmmmm...
    08-15-11 04:46 AM
    The latest to change to the 19th

Unlocked Mobiles: 19th August 2011
    08-15-11 04:48 AM
    Just spoke to Handtec. The 19th is the third date RIM has given them and missed all the shipment dates up until now. They are $&@$ing incompetent!

Edit: the 19th in itself isn't bad, but then tack on a week to come to Oz. Pain in the posterior!
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 08-15-11 at 05:06 AM.
    08-15-11 04:53 AM
    I wonder if the rumour that Vodafone have a 1 week exclusive on the 9900 in the UK is true.

They got it on 12th August, and now suddenly everyone else gets delayed until the 19th...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 05:14 AM
    I wonder if the rumour that Vodafone have a 1 week exclusive on the 9900 in the UK is true.

They got it on 12th August, and now suddenly everyone else gets delayed until the 19th...

That could be true. Is the delay the same for the likes of CPW?
    08-15-11 05:18 AM
    Just checked CPW and P4u. They are much the same. Seems Vodafone UK and RIM have done a dirty deal.

Here in Australia, our second largest carrier Optus advertised initially they had the 9900 and 9860 exclusively for 45 days. They then took the word exclusive out of all their advertising BUT none of the other carriers have the BB's being released until mid-October. Exactly 45 days after Optus! Something very fishy is going on.
    08-15-11 05:30 AM
    Hardly a 'dirty deal'... it's only a week, and Vodafone are THE largest GSM carrier in the world.

If they can't pull their weight with RIM once in a while, then something would be fishy

08-15-11 05:41 AM
    It's a dirty deal if it affects me and my gadget lust! . If I were favored by it, I'd applaud their ingenuity.

Actually, it's funny that Vodafone here haven't said anything about the new BBs at all.
    08-15-11 05:44 AM
    I contacted CPW on the 10th when they change deliver date from the 12th to the 18th, they have just emailed me back saying I will recieve it on the 18th. Don't feel too optimistic but if it's not here by 18th I'm cancelling and sticking with my iPhone 4
    08-15-11 06:01 AM
    I contacted CPW on the 10th when they change deliver date from the 12th to the 18th, they have just emailed me back saying I will recieve it on the 18th. Don't feel too optimistic but if it's not here by 18th I'm cancelling and sticking with my iPhone 4
    Good luck, mate. Honestly, if they ship before the 19th I'd be very (happily) surprised. I think there's an embargo on until then.
    08-15-11 06:03 AM
    It's a dirty deal if it affects me and my gadget lust! . If I were favored by it, I'd applaud their ingenuity.

Actually, it's funny that Vodafone here haven't said anything about the new BBs at all.
    I feel your pain Kevin... been there too many times

In fact I'm there again. Upgrade not due until end of Sept, so got another month to wait.
    Could get it now, but would forfeit my current monthly tarrif, which is far too good to lose!

I agree with you about Vodafone. Although they're a global company, most of their foreign partners are more like independent franchises, so the UK parent company always seem to get all the perks when it comes to new releases.

08-15-11 06:08 AM
    Here's a stress reliever:

08-15-11 06:22 AM
    I've just tried to buy the phone from vodafone with no contract and they won't sell how ridiuclous

08-15-11 07:20 AM
    Just ordered one, sim-free, from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk Used them before, no probs! As far as I can see they have stock and the price is �450 including VAT and �3.99 delivery! Not bad!
    08-15-11 07:36 AM
    Just ordered one, sim-free, from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk Used them before, no probs! As far as I can see they have stock and the price is �450 including VAT and �3.99 delivery! Not bad!
    They do appear to have them in stock, and the price is great. Hope they aren't bull****ting you.

They don't ship overseas, and I don't pay VAT.
    08-15-11 07:49 AM
    Just called them uo, said they are expecting stock in today so hopefully start shipping them out tomo.

Their price of the 9900 is amazing, had to ask the guy if that was the real price....said it was and comes unbranded with a 2 yr warranty.

Seriously tempted to ditch my preorder with handtec and order from these guys.
    08-15-11 07:57 AM
    Just called them uo, said they are expecting stock in today so hopefully start shipping them out tomo.

Their price of the 9900 is amazing, had to ask the guy if that was the real price....said it was and comes unbranded with a 2 yr warranty.

Seriously tempted to ditch my preorder with handtec and order from these guys.
    I would if I could. Handtec already have me by the short and curlies.
    08-15-11 08:01 AM
    I've just ordered from them, and they say I should have it wednesday I'll only believe that when I have it in my posession :-)

08-15-11 08:27 AM
    I would if I could. Handtec already have me by the short and curlies.
    How do you mean? Cancel with Handtec no probs.
    08-15-11 08:31 AM
    When you buy phones and it says auto cashback does that mean for the first month or for the whole 24 months that you have the contract for?
    08-15-11 08:51 AM
526 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD