Hey Everyone,

I went into Bell Mobility here in Toronto today to talk to my favourite employee there who has sold me at least my last 4 phones and knows me well by now. I just wanted to chat him up about the new Bold "Touch" and see what he thought of it while I scraped together the money to try and buy one (that $600 pricetag is hefty.. don't think I'll be gettin' it for my birthday next Tues!). He and I have differing opinions, as he liked the Torch and I traded it in after a week. I now have the Bold 9780.

Anyway! I told him of my plans to get the Bold Touch and he said I should wait another few months because in Feb there would be 2 new devices, one would be a full touchscreen and one a keyboard/touchscreen (like the Torch and new Bold) and that they would be running some Android stuff... (system? apps?). In fact, he was standing there trading his RIM shares online when I walked in, in anticipation of these upcoming phones.

Anyone hear of this mystical phones? Seems quite soon after these latest launches to be releasing similar ones, no?

thanks
    Rebecca
    09-08-11 07:16 PM
    QNX is what he is talking about.
    09-08-11 07:18 PM
    He must read Crackberry. But I would take that with a grain of salt, nothing but speculation. Bell employees wouldn't know what phones are coming out until a few weeks prior at the most.
    09-08-11 07:24 PM
    February would be correct, if RIM stands by early 2012. But when was the last time they came through on a time line?

But I agree. Grain of salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 07:34 PM
    Well, I just BBM'd my other friend who works for the marketing end of RIM and she confirmed that it's the QNX phones but also said ya never know when these things will get released.

I'm doing some reading on it now and they sound great.. but can I wait?? lol
    09-08-11 07:37 PM
    Well, I just BBM'd my other friend who works for the marketing end of RIM and she confirmed that it's the QNX phones but also said ya never know when these things will get released.

I'm doing some reading on it now and they sound great.. but can I wait?? lol
    I have an 8350i and really want a 9860 but I just might wait until the spring and see what kind of new phone we may get. Then again I could jump ship to an android device so who knows.
    09-08-11 07:41 PM
    "Wait a few months" sheesh February is still 5 months away.
    09-08-11 09:32 PM
    I have an 8350i and really want a 9860 but I just might wait until the spring and see what kind of new phone we may get. Then again I could jump ship to an android device so who knows.
    I dunno. This 9860 is pretty awesome. 9900 was pretty awesome. Gonna try a evo 3d next tomorrow. But I will be jumping back on this phone though I think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD