http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_dakota-3116.php

But does this mean 3G working on tmobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 11:32 AM
    ........... still nothing on the processor ! Huff.
    01-26-11 05:34 PM
    Disappointing but those bands are tmo...

01-26-11 10:20 PM
    Great news for me as I am Tmo. Hoping others get this device. Instead of having the Curve on all carriers it would be nice if RIM shared this bad boy across the board.

01-27-11 12:26 AM
    ........... still nothing on the processor ! Huff.
    Until we hear differently, the logical assumption should be that it matches the 1.2ghz in the torch 2 as it would be inefficient to have to optimise their code for two levels of hardware spec nor having multiple smaller orders that would offset any savings from one device having a cheaper processor.
    01-27-11 09:59 AM
    Great news for me as I am Tmo. Hoping others get this device. Instead of having the Curve on all carriers it would be nice if RIM shared this bad boy across the board.
    I think we will see devices being carrier exclusives as being the exception rather than the rule going forward with all carriers getting a new bold, curve and even storm out of these new devices.
    01-27-11 10:01 AM
    Disappointing but those bands are tmo...

Those bands are NOT T-Mobile. In fact, they are AT&T's.

T-Mobile uses 1700, and 2100 for 3G. AT&T, as far as I know, use 850 and 1900.
    01-27-11 10:30 PM
    Those bands are NOT T-Mobile. In fact, they are AT&T's.

T-Mobile uses 1700, and 2100 for 3G. AT&T, as far as I know, use 850 and 1900.
    You sir, are correct. However, there *may* be a T-Mobile version in the works. Even GSM Arena doesn't "officially" know, as the information listed is rumored (in terms of the 3G freqs).
    01-27-11 11:27 PM
    Yes, that's true. I'd be pretty surprised if all four major carriers don't get it (Dakota/Montana).
    01-28-11 12:29 PM
    Fine by me, TMobile FTW!

01-28-11 01:12 PM
    Sorry guys. I can't believe I missed that keyword "not" in my earlier post. As a T-mobile customer, I would love to see this phone on T-mobile.
    01-28-11 10:29 PM
    if tmo doesnt get this, it will be really frustrating. what adds insult to injury is that there is a cmda version. it would just plain suck if tmo doesnt get it cuz all they have to do is slam a tmo chip set in it.
    01-29-11 12:22 AM
    So why doesn't T-Mobile just hop onto the same 3G frequency band as AT&T then?

Here in the UK, all 4 big carriers use GSM and the same frequency bands. They are: O2-UK, Orange & T-Mobile (now merged and called Everything Everywhere), Vodafone, and 3-UK.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-29-11 at 02:08 AM.
    01-29-11 02:06 AM
    So why doesn't T-Mobile just hop onto the same 3G frequency band as AT&T then?

Here in the UK, all 4 big carriers use GSM and the same frequency bands. They are: O2-UK, Orange & T-Mobile (now merged and called Everything Everywhere), Vodafone, and 3-UK.
    Just like in the uk, the carriers in north america can only use the ones that they have available, they can't simply pick and choose what they want to use.
    01-29-11 06:00 AM
    If this device does not launch with HSPA+, this device is a fail for GSM carriers. Not being able to use either AT&T, Rodgers, Fido, Telus, Wind, or T-Mobile's 4G networks, this device is than worth passing up for QNX devices with LTE.
    01-29-11 07:40 AM
    Do we know from the leaked specs if it will or won't support HSPA+? I did not see this anywhere.

If this device does not launch with HSPA+, this device is a fail for GSM carriers. Not being able to use either AT&T, Rodgers, Fido, Telus, Wind, or T-Mobile's 4G networks, this device is than worth passing up for QNX devices with LTE.
    01-29-11 08:07 AM
    Just looked at the specs post again I see that it does list hspa 7.2 (I think that means no HSPA+). Booooo, Why? Hope this is incorrect, but I would bet that will be it.

Do we know from the leaked specs if it will or won't support HSPA+? I did not see this anywhere.
    01-29-11 08:21 AM
    HSPA+ is what allows Data/Voice use simultaneously right. And with just standard HSPA that means it can only use one at a time right?
    01-29-11 10:22 AM
    I thought I saw somewhere that it would be 14.4 but I would be fine with 7.2 as well.

01-29-11 10:29 AM
    HSPA+ is what allows Data/Voice use simultaneously right. And with just standard HSPA that means it can only use one at a time right?
    No, simultaneous voice & data is capable with regular GSM HSPA. This is not a requirement for HSPA+.
    01-29-11 10:37 AM
    No, simultaneous voice & data is capable with regular GSM HSPA. This is not a requirement for HSPA+.
    Actually with gsm you can even get simultaneous voice and data with gprs/edge if the network supports something called dual transfer mode, it hasn't been very widely adopted since it was introduced as part of the same 3gpp spec that included umts.
    01-29-11 02:04 PM
    if tmo doesnt get this, it will be really frustrating. what adds insult to injury is that there is a cmda version. it would just plain suck if tmo doesnt get it cuz all they have to do is slam a tmo chip set in it.
    I agree it will be a complete shame if T-Mobile doesn't get this, especially since they've been more Android-centric lately.... They still need to realize not everyone wants Android, and there's still loyal Blackberry users out there....

02-01-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD