While I'm not a Sprint customer, I like them because they're the smaller dude in the room and take risks and allow things the big guys don't, won't. (full GoogleVoice, etc.) Same with T-Mobile being the first to support Android!
    07-17-11 11:50 AM
    ummm i've had sprint for a while and i used to not like it but its gotten a lot better. and i mean A LOT better. they fail at advertising how great they are, though but I love them and will stick with them.

also i talked to a sprint rep a week ago asking about the 9930 and he said that they know all the devices a month ahead and he did not see any BBs for July. But i'm sure i just regurgitated that from a thousand other eager sprint/9930 desirers so that may be worthless haha
    07-17-11 01:21 PM
    Why would they launch the phone on a Saturday anyways? As much as I wish I could have it next weekend, I just dont see it happening. I seriously hope T-Mobile announces it soon so I can preorder it and put my 9700 White on ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 03:37 PM
    Why would they launch the phone on a Saturday anyways? As much as I wish I could have it next weekend, I just dont see it happening. I seriously hope T-Mobile announces it soon so I can preorder it and put my 9700 White on ebay.

I know the Tour released on a Sunday, and I believe that Sprint has a history of other Sunday releases. Saturday wouldn't be a stretch.
    07-17-11 04:47 PM
    I have have not liked Sprint since they took over Nextel. I used Nextel for years and years, it was how business was done. After Sprint took over, I went into a Sprint store and I was the only one who spoke English!

I moved all 9 of my company's phones to AT&T the next day. Never looked back!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-17-11 at 05:00 PM.
    07-17-11 04:54 PM

Well the rumored release date from the leaked SKU page suggests 8/21 which is a Sunday. I do agree that weekends are random for release dates, but it could happen.
    07-18-11 06:28 AM
    I hope this rumor is true. But, what is a few weeks. I just hope it is July or Aug. There are so many rumors running around. Which carrier first, 4G?, NFC or not?, release date, mobile hot spot?.
    Just release the phone!
    My Bold works fine, but a bigger screen would be better.
    07-18-11 07:32 AM
    LOL I love this post

Well guys I really have no magic potion. RIM posted the release date on their internal new products release support blog. That is why, with all the contacts Kevin and crew have, I'm a little surprised it was not picked up on.

July 23 is for the 9930 only not the 9900! Therefore its a CDMA device for those who might not know the model number differences.

Cheers!
    Link please?
    07-18-11 06:49 PM
    "IF" the Andriod Photon 4G is released PRIOR to the Bold Touch.....
    ...You can take it to the bank Sprint will squat on the BB touch until marketing is concluded.
    ...For the Photon 4G.

Everything I've heard ( which are admittedly jungle drums ) indicates marketing push "for the Photon"...
    ...Simply because the platform it's built upon ( Android ) has been a CASH COW for Sprint.
    ...It's simply what put it on the map.
    ...I'm speaking of Sprint here.

From what I've been told Sprint will be getting the Bold Touch prior to any of the other carriers....
    ...This does not mean however they will be the first to release those units to the public.
    ...I'm holding to my initial "guess" that Sprint customers will be able to walk out of a Sprint store with a new Bolt Touch in November.

I would like NOTHING better than to be proven wrong here....
    ...We see what ends up happening.
    07-18-11 08:43 PM
    I don't plan on getting the device for awhile but this is def good news for us sprint customers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-18-11 09:51 PM
    I too think it's incorrect to say nobody cares about Sprint. It's really underrated as a network and it doesn't get the attention it deserves - but maybe that's good for the current/long-time customers who do depend on it.
    Contradict yourself much?

But really, Sprint is the underdog yet is the #3 Cell Provider in the USA...seems monopolyish that the #3 carrier is a vast underdog to the top 2. Yet have the best plans bar none, and are getting better and better at getting great phones to sell, Android is dominating the market, any company would be ******** to not cater to Android phones right now. Blackberry has their niche but isn't the 'goto smart phone' it once was. You remember, back when EVERYONE had a Curve 8300-8330.

"IF" the Andriod Photon 4G is released PRIOR to the Bold Touch.....
    ...You can take it to the bank Sprint will squat on the BB touch until marketing is concluded.
    ...For the Photon 4G.

Everything I've heard ( which are admittedly jungle drums ) indicates marketing push "for the Photon"...
    ...Simply because the platform it's built upon ( Android ) has been a CASH COW for Sprint.
    ...It's simply what put it on the map.
    ...I'm speaking of Sprint here.

From what I've been told Sprint will be getting the Bold Touch prior to any of the other carriers....
    ...This does not mean however they will be the first to release those units to the public.
    ...I'm holding to my initial "guess" that Sprint customers will be able to walk out of a Sprint store with a new Bolt Touch in November.

I would like NOTHING better than to be proven wrong here....
    ...We see what ends up happening.
    Reiterate my "Android is dominating the market" statement here.
    07-18-11 10:23 PM
    Contradict yourself much
    nope. i'll say it again - its underrated as a network but there are lots of long term customers who rely on it and lots of people who see its value. so i think its incorrect to say nobody cares about it. being #3 still means a LOT of people care about it. Thinking its underrated means i believe its value is greater than its current position.

not sure where the contradiction is.

07-20-11 01:30 PM
    is sprint still in businesss?

VZW has no release date as of today, so the 23rd isnt looking good
    07-20-11 01:45 PM
    hmmm 7/23 on sprint?!?!?! 3 more days and not a peep.......
    07-20-11 03:04 PM
    I contacted my sprint rep to see if she will let any info out, doubt it though. Sprint employee's are more clueless sometimes..
    07-20-11 04:26 PM
    I don't see it coming out in July. Probably be a mid August/early September release right before School starts for most...

I hope I am wrong as well. I want to go to a store to play on it, lol! Can't afford one right now though. Like to see some reviews and vids though.

07-20-11 04:43 PM
    Well that's today any update?

07-23-11 11:57 AM
    While I'm not a Sprint customer, I like them because they're the smaller dude in the room and take risks and allow things the big guys don't, won't. (full GoogleVoice, etc.) Same with T-Mobile being the first to support Android!
    I like Sprint as well.

Vz and AT&T's have terrible coverage compared to Sprint - at least in the Northwest....
    ...I'm not sure about the east coast but after being on both AT&T AND VZ.
    ...Their coverage absolutely SUCKS compared to Sprint in the State of Washington / Oregon.

Not only that but both AT&T & Vz rip your head off with charges....
    ...It's the same old thing - repeat a lie often enough and the majority will eventually believe it.
    07-23-11 12:09 PM
    Well that's today any update?

+1... Think someone would have posted if they could by them today.
    07-23-11 12:38 PM
    ooh ooh, my source, which is better than everyone else's made up sources tell me it will happen on 8-12
    pkcable and Fr3lncr like this.
    07-23-11 12:48 PM
    OK, now we can all put detour on our “Do Not Read” list.
    07-23-11 01:45 PM
    Lol fail

07-23-11 02:18 PM
    ooh ooh, my source, which is better than everyone else's made up sources tell me it will happen on 8-12
    You've got my attention, Matt! I hope your sourcce is right!
    07-23-11 02:47 PM
    ...Heading to Sprint to pickup my Bold Touch. Thanks detour! I should be first and only one in line!

07-23-11 03:49 PM
    They can if they want but nearly all my posts have been correct. In fact I believe on these types of posts I am 3 for 4 correct and VERY confident on this one. A little surprised CrackBerry has not posted anything about this .. its been known to many (thousands) since early Friday evening.
    Looks like his average is slipping.... 3 for 5 now.
    kevin1686 likes this.
    07-23-11 03:57 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD