Hey all,

Can a few of you chime in on what might be my best option as far as an RSS Feeder app (particularly for my Google Reader feeds) goes for my BB 9930..

Some people have mentioned a new 'Blackberry News' program, some seem to like BeReader (although they are expensive, their apps are awesome), or even GReader...some users may have experience with one or, even better, more than one of these apps..what should I buy/download?

thanks in advance..
    09-17-11 07:34 PM
    me too im searching for a rss reader app that can sync with my goolge reader, im tired of using the social feeds app on my 9900... any suggestion would help thank you!
    09-17-11 08:38 PM
    BerryReader - Fully Synced Google Reader - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010 on CrackBerry App Superstore

Wait for it to go on sale, it's usually half-off, it does every month or so. Syncs and works fantastic for getting your Google Reader feeds.

It's probably my most used app.
    FMB8900, Sharma15 and Rwil85 like this.
    09-17-11 08:41 PM
    BerryReader - Fully Synced Google Reader - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010 on CrackBerry App Superstore

Wait for it to go on sale, it's usually half-off, it does every month or so. Syncs and works fantastic for getting your Google Reader feeds.

thanks..i actually dl'ed the trial a few hours ago and should be good as long as all syncs OK..hopefully it goes on sale within the next seven days before it expires, lol.

is it a battery hog?
    09-17-11 08:48 PM
    I've been using it for more than a year now, so not exactly sure on battery life. I have no issues with it though. My settings are for 75 articles per refresh and 1 hour refreshes.
    09-17-11 09:17 PM

YES! BeReader is also my most used app as well! I Looooove reading my rss feeds in the morning on my way to work with a Cup of coffee and my BB. I love apps that have perfect sync with Google Reader, and just like BeWeather by Mobihand BeReader is AWESOME.

I used to love Viigo, it was my most used app and my favorite app EVER. Used it since the 8320. But its not OS6 or OS7 compatible, and theres no support for it anymore either.

What I loved about Viigo, was not just that it can sync with my rss feeds from Google Reader, but I could also send articles to Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, and even email them.

Since I've stopped using Viigo I've been looking for another app that had similar features, and im happy to say that BeReader is an sweet replacement to Viigo, and the full support and super smooth scrolling for OS7 devices makes it even sweeter!
    09-17-11 09:46 PM
    thanks..i actually dl'ed the trial a few hours ago and should be good as long as all syncs OK..hopefully it goes on sale within the next seven days before it expires, lol.
    I was in the same situation just last week. LOL I was also hoping for a huge sale before my seven days expired.

But it was crazy how much I was using the app. Reading my fav feeds, and sending articles to FB and Twitter all day long. When my trial expired I couldnt wait and went ahead and used the 20% off discount code : MBHD20

It was totally worth the price. But I read somewhere that the codes only work if you type it in and purchase the app on your device and download OTA, rather than purchasing it on your computer.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-17-11 09:51 PM
    I've been using it for more than a year now, so not exactly sure on battery life. I have no issues with it though. My settings are for 75 articles per refresh and 1 hour refreshes.
    given the battery life issues that some have experienced on the 9930 (which i see you're also on), i am just curious to see how this app will do in tandem with my other daily usage..

do you make it through a day on your battery with it refreshing that often?
    09-17-11 10:47 PM
    I use RIM's BlackBerry News. They're still taking feature requests in the Beta Zone. And it's actually been getting better. It works well enough for me that I never bothered checking out other apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 10:53 PM
    BlackBerry News is very good on OS7. The browser improvements mean that when you must click "Read Full Article", the linked site looks good, loads well, etc.

I had used this app on OS5 and did not like it nearly as much.
    09-17-11 11:02 PM
    just curious, what is wrong with using social feeds as rss reader?
    09-17-11 11:52 PM
    just curious, what is wrong with using social feeds as rss reader?
    already deleted it off of the device due to so many users citing battery issues..

figured i might as well get a dedicated google reader app bc that's all i would use within the social feeds app anyway.
    09-18-11 12:02 AM
    Social Feeds would be great if it didnt eat my battery alive. I personally use BeReader and its awesome! The best RSS feed reader hands down.
    09-18-11 12:29 AM
    I'm huge on Social Feeds, use it as my main rss reader. Never caused any battery issues for me.
    09-18-11 12:55 AM
    Does social feed sync with google reader?
    09-18-11 12:58 AM
    Battery life, mainly.
    09-18-11 12:59 AM
    It says blackberry news is not available in app world?

09-18-11 02:22 AM
    I use Twitter for RSS feeds, much better.
    09-18-11 02:46 AM
    Does social feed sync with google reader?
    no it doesn't. the only missing feature for me...
    09-18-11 02:59 AM
    given the battery life issues that some have experienced on the 9930 (which i see you're also on), i am just curious to see how this app will do in tandem with my other daily usage..

do you make it through a day on your battery with it refreshing that often?
    My phone comes off the charger at 8am. I do about 25-50 emails, 100 or so BBM's, and about an hour or two of streaming Pandora (BBM Music now ). Some moderate browsing too (check bank accounts, Twitter, CrackBerry, opening random links, etc).

At 11pm when the phone goes back on the charger I'm usually around 20% or so. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I haven't ran the battery dead yet though.

My previous 9650 did a little better, was usually around 30% at the end of the day, but since the 9930 is just faster at doing everything I feel that I use it more often.

I personally haven't experienced the bad battery drain that we're hearing all over the forums...
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-18-11 11:09 AM
    It says blackberry news is not available in app world?

rroyy to the rescue http://rroyy.com/ota/

silence69 likes this.
    09-18-11 01:23 PM
    Using Social feeds for RSS, setting notifications on for favourites only, less annoying and great for battery life
    09-18-11 04:03 PM
    Take a look at Go Reader if it is available for OS7. It is definitely a great reader for google feeds on the 9700.
    09-19-11 05:55 AM
    i prefer using social feeds. battery been good, you can set it to refresh when the app launched, or periodically.
    09-19-11 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD