I purchased on launch day a 9900 for $549.99 no term price, and had to drive around to find a dealer who would sell me one. Picked up one for my wife the other day and noticed the price has gone up $50 to $599.99 for no term pricing. Luckily it was a hardware upgrade this time but quite shocked to see the price jump. Interesting price jump but I guess it's still cheaper than Telus $629.99 and is the same as Bell. I'm wondering if the price jump is because they are selling a lot of phones without contract and are selling out(where I am) in all the stores.
    09-18-11 11:13 PM
    Rogers is still selling them at $550 on Vancouver Island and Bell's are $600.
    09-18-11 11:26 PM
    I noticed, with Telus at least, that even though their site may say a phone is $600 off contract every individual dealer will be selling it for higher.... When I bought the 9700 a year or more ago I had a b!tch of a time looking for a dealer that would honor the website price.
    09-19-11 12:43 AM
    at christmas it'll be at 624.99 (some telus/bell stores are already selling them at that price) just u watch
    09-19-11 12:47 AM
    sometimes it pays to be one of the first to get things usually it ends up costing you more. Guess this time I win!
    09-19-11 12:49 AM
    I think it's cause they didn't realize a lot of people would buy this phone off contract and also a lot of people are buying them and selling them internationally on eBay or online for more money because of the demand.
    09-19-11 12:59 AM
    sometimes it pays to be one of the first to get things usually it ends up costing you more. Guess this time I win!
    and I was going to wait a couple months for the price to go down. Man, what was I thinking, hahaha.
    09-19-11 01:00 AM
    Bought mine at a local tbooth store for 550 a couple days ago. I've noticed that the rogers store is usually 50 more expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 01:16 AM
    Tbooth is owned by gentel who also owns wireless etc. They will generally sell at the roger's website price. rogers franchisees out here also sell at that same price I've noticed in this geographic location.
    09-19-11 01:18 AM
    Yea, now many people work online and sell those Bold 9900 Blackberry on websites such as eBay... so people buy it from carriers and unlocking it online then post an ad on ebay and sell it, many users can't buy the Blackberry Bold 9900 in their country and they need unlocked device to use on their carrier so the market is wide, but... sometimes the fist price is just to speed advertising.. sale to make people buy fast and tell everbody where they got it.. when people come to buy the price is already set to the regular one.

and I was going to wait a couple months for the price to go down. Man, what was I thinking, hahaha.
    Any way, I think that after 2011 ends, next year the price will fall... especially if we see a few more new Blackberry devices on the market.
    09-19-11 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD