Hi, I know this is my first post but I'm on here alot just to read. I made an account just to let you guys know my friend at Rogers is testing the Bold 9900 in Toronto. They don't expect it to take long before release but they don't really give the exact dates to the testers. He said he absolutely loves it and he doesn't even use BB for his everyday phone.
    06-14-11 07:56 PM
    thanks for the effort and the info. much appreciated!
    06-14-11 07:57 PM
    Great news mate! Thanks for the update!
    06-14-11 08:05 PM
    Thanks raingshots for the info, good news for Canada I'm with Sprint in the United States and I'm hoping for a mid-July release here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 08:20 PM
    did he said it might come out in july? and Thanks for tha update man
    06-14-11 08:44 PM
    that made my day, thank you
    06-14-11 10:38 PM
    wasn't at&t field testing the 9900 and torch 2? so this doesn't necessarily imply that the release date is near because if at&t was testing for a long period of time,then the release date would have been announced by now. but it has not occurred. so carriers field testing the devices doesn't mean anything.i want to hear firsthand when at&t is releasing both the bold and torch 2.so nothing is concrete until then.
    06-14-11 11:14 PM
    Hope you're right boyyyy. Thanks.
    06-14-11 11:41 PM
    it'll be the usual story for this release just like every other important bb handset release i've had to sit through.
    06-15-11 12:51 AM
    Thanks for the info really
    06-15-11 12:58 AM
    you know, i dont live in the U.S., therefore rogers doesnt really matter to me, but its always good to hear about the 9900 getting closer to being releasd, because it should be available over here in europe around the same time, maybe a little later
    so, thanks
    06-15-11 05:12 AM
    you know, i dont live in the U.S., therefore rogers doesnt really matter to me, but its always good to hear about the 9900 getting closer to being releasd, because it should be available over here in europe around the same time, maybe a little later
    so, thanks
    I thought to correct you, Rogers is not a US company, it's a Canadian one. Toronto is located in Ontario, Canada.

Now you know something new
    Pirks and rick0415 like this.
    06-15-11 05:50 AM
    Any info on Bold 9790?
    06-15-11 05:53 AM
    it will be nice if you can ask your friend whether the bold is buggy or not..if it is smooth as silk then a release date can't be too far off..if it is buggy then #*/$?

06-15-11 06:26 AM
    I thought to correct you, Rogers is not a US company, it's a Canadian one. Toronto is located in Ontario, Canada.

Now you know something new
    oh, didnt know where rogers was located, always assumed its an US carrier
    jinxednuance likes this.
    06-15-11 06:27 AM
    This is a question for Canadian cell users, in your opinions, which Canadian carriers are similar to the carriers here in the US? Like I'm sure Bell would be similar to AT&T or Telus similar to Sprint? Or is the big three in Canada so different than the US big 4, you couldn't really make that kind of comparison? Just asking...thanks for any info.

06-15-11 09:47 AM
    This is a question for Canadian cell users, in your opinions, which Canadian carriers are similar to the carriers here in the US? Like I'm sure Bell would be similar to AT&T or Telus similar to Sprint? Or is the big three in Canada so different than the US big 4, you couldn't really make that kind of comparison? Just asking...thanks for any info.

I've always thought of Rogers as the "Canadian" AT&T.
    06-15-11 11:18 AM
    Well it used to be called "Rogers AT&T". I think AT&T had an investment stake in Rogers or something like that before Rogers bought it out.
    06-15-11 03:10 PM
    Rogers is the At&t Sprint is The fido, Virgin mobile is the verizon, Lol i dont know the rest :P
    06-15-11 03:25 PM
    Any info on Bold 9790?
    Umm, no such thing?
    06-15-11 05:27 PM
    Thanx guys, it looks confusing looking at the Canadian carrier sites and see so many different BlackBerrys on the different carriers...but man, a three year contract? That's pretty extreme.

06-15-11 05:45 PM

AT&T = Rogers (biggest, GSM)
    Verizon = Bell (Biggest CDMA)
    Sprint/TMob = Telus (third)

Difference is Rogers is known as having the best network coverage in Canada, whereas I think AT&T is known as having the worst?

MetroPCS/US Cellular/Cricket etc = Wind/Mobilicity (regional carriers)

Canada also has a ton of "flanker" brands launched by the big 3 (above, Rogers, Bell, Telus). The "regional" carriers I listed (Wind/Mobilicity) just launched last year in major cities. Since the big 3 don't want the new guys to take market share, they created new brands that they can use to complete with the new guys on lower price points in those major markets, without affecting their main brands' revenue (yes, I know, I also don't know how this isn't considered anti competitive and illegal, maybe they have some interesting pictures of powerful politicians). So we also have:

Chatr/Fido (owned by Rogers)
    Koodo (owned by Telus)
    Virgin Mob (operated by Bell)

But I'm not sure how those mini brands relate to US carriers - I don't think AT&T could get away with launching at "AT&T Junior" just in New York just to stick the knife into MetroPCS for example without the FTC wanting to kill them, but I might be wrong.
    06-15-11 06:08 PM
    Thanks for all the info, gives me a better insight on Canadian carriers.

06-15-11 08:45 PM
    Well... the thing is that it seem like some organizations (I mean retailers, phone companies) pointing in the direction of September release. Thanks for the info anyway.
    06-15-11 09:41 PM
    Any info on Bold 9790?
    Are you just making stuff up now?

06-15-11 10:11 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD