This is getting ridiculous.............after calling Future Shop today and being told the Rogers Bold is coming approx Aug 22, then reading different things on Crackberry, I decided to make 4 more calls.

First I called Rogers and pressed "1" indicating I was a new customer with no Rogers products. I asked to pre-order the new Bold or any other new Blackberry device. The Rogers rep said they were not available and wouldn't be until Sept or later.

Then I called back the same number and pressed "2" indicating I was an existing customer and asked for the same info. This rep told me that all new Blackberries were delayed until the end of the year! Then he tried to sell me a new Android device. I asked where his info came from and he said the reps at the top in Rogers have known for a month now that the new Blackberries are delayed til the end of the year.

Then I called my local Bestbuy and the cell rep told me what the second guy at Rogers said, that all new Blackberries were originally supposed to land in stores in Sept, but they were recently delayed AGAIN and now would be here for Christmas!

Finally, I called a different Future Shop than I did before, and this cell rep told me none of the carriers had new Blackberries in their system, not just Rogers. She also said they were delayed but didn't know by how long. I mentioned that I'd read online that some people had pre-ordered theirs and her reply was ''well I don't know how any of the big stores can do that since no systems have them yet that I"m aware of, and they will be waiting a long time to get their devices."

I have no clue who is right, and I can't believe how many versions of "the truth" are out there.
    08-08-11 06:33 PM
    In the end, take solace in the fact that most reps have no idea what they're talking about.

If they were indeed delayed until the end of the year, that has to be the quickest change in release time in history as the press releases from RIM just a few days ago said these phones should arrive this summer still.
    agault and howarmat like this.
    08-08-11 06:45 PM
    one man's summer is a RIM man's December 198th 2011
    "still" in 2011 right?
    08-08-11 06:58 PM
    2 rules of life.

1) Rogers lies.

2) Any good salesperson that can't sell you something (because it's not available yet) will always try to sell you something they have

Thankfully, I'm with Bell and all the Bell people I have talked to gave me the same information.
    08-08-11 07:34 PM
    Rogers has already said they will be available this summer, so sometime before Sept 21st.
    08-08-11 08:03 PM
    I just called my friends from best buy (I just recently quit) and asked about the bold 9900. He said they are accepting pre-orders(which we all already knew) and that it is coming out August 13 with limited quantities. So it is best to pre-order it. There you go! An official release from best buy Canada. Brampton Ontario. Enjoy!

you and this guy need to talk...
    08-08-11 08:17 PM
    so how come one Bestbuy location does pre-orders and yet I called and got the cell dept manager and they said no pre-orders and the units are not even in the system yet? Isn't it one Bestbuy stock system Canada wide?
    Last edited by KodyShadow; 08-08-11 at 08:36 PM.
    08-08-11 08:33 PM
    so how come one Bestbuy location does pre-orders and yet I called and got the cell dept manager and they said no pre-orders and the units are not even in the system yet? Isn't it one Bestbuy stock system Canada wide?
    Because asking reps anything is like trying to get a straight answer out of a pathological liar.

Ask the same question 10 times, get 10 different answers.

Try again, till you get the answer you want lol.
    08-08-11 08:40 PM
    I don't know, but I'd speculate that BestBuy make more money if you get the phone on a plan than if they sold sim free. Some Manager's may take it upon themselves to try and make more money.

I know here in Australia it's a very similar situation with "phone resellers" and telcos alike.
    08-08-11 08:50 PM
    I confirmed with the GM of that Best Buy location, he said that they indeed do offer pre-order, and it will come out on August 13. I find that odd, maybe only some Best Buy locations offer pre-orders?
    08-08-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD