09-16-11 07:19 AM
36 12
tools
    Can we PLEASE stop using that site for tests...

It clearly states at the end of the page "You're using the Blackberry browser. Blackberry users go through a proxy, and your speed tests will not reflect the true speed of your carrier."

I have yet to see the 3G icon on my unlocked Rogers 9900 on AT&T. I see H+. I've also seen it drop to EDGE, but never 3G. My speed tests seem to indicate H+ speeds.

7MB test:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 10:30 AM
    I'm on Rogers with a 9900 with H+ full bars, the fastest I've gotten is 12500kbps which is lightyears faster than my previous 8900 on Edge! Also, my phone is unlocked, and when i crossed the border I got a AT&T Sim in buffalo, and I got 10500kbps on mobilespeedtest.

Just some food for thought.
    09-15-11 11:32 AM
    I'm on Rogers with a 9900 with H+ full bars, the fastest I've gotten is 12500kbps which is lightyears faster than my previous 8900 on Edge! Also, my phone is unlocked, and when i crossed the border I got a AT&T Sim in buffalo, and I got 10500kbps on mobilespeedtest.

Just some food for thought.
    What 3G bands are showing for you in the About section? Also, what version of 7.0 is it showing?
    09-15-11 11:36 AM
    Can we PLEASE stop using that site for tests...

It clearly states at the end of the page "You're using the Blackberry browser. Blackberry users go through a proxy, and your speed tests will not reflect the true speed of your carrier."
    Yes, I understand that, but it is still a relative indicator, if not empirically accurate. I still get much higher speeds on my 9900 showing H+ than I did on my 9700 showing 3G. I don't claim that the listed speed is completely accurate, but, comparatively, both in result and as an observed phenomenon, it IS faster.
    09-15-11 12:58 PM
    So I just talked with the folkd over at ATT and they were unable to register my IMEI with my current 4G plan, even when they registered it with a 3G plan H+ still didn't appear.

Im lost, is this a hardware issue or a software issue because I don't know if i want to keep the phone anymore if I cant use H+ on it.
    09-15-11 01:05 PM
    So I just talked with the folkd over at ATT and they were unable to register my IMEI with my current 4G plan, even when they registered it with a 3G plan H+ still didn't appear.

Im lost, is this a hardware issue or a software issue because I don't know if i want to keep the phone anymore if I cant use H+ on it.
    Just find a IMEI for the "Torch 2" and ask a representative to add the IMEI to your account since the torch 2 has the HSP+ provisioned features. This will work 100% trust me.
    Last edited by ebl4287; 09-15-11 at 01:31 PM.
    09-15-11 01:27 PM
    I already did that. I originally had the Torch 2 and the 4G plan. I switches the sim card to my 9900 and got no H+. They then added my 9900 IMEI which changed my plan back to 3G and still no H+. They then re-added my Torch 2 IMEI which switched my plan again to 4G and still no H+ with my 9900.

Any clues?
    09-15-11 02:36 PM
    How is it that some folks on the rogers network on a 9900 gettin H+ and high speeds on speed tests but others are not ? Do you have to ask rogers to put you on a different plan or something?

09-15-11 02:52 PM
    I already did that. I originally had the Torch 2 and the 4G plan. I switches the sim card to my 9900 and got no H+. They then added my 9900 IMEI which changed my plan back to 3G and still no H+. They then re-added my Torch 2 IMEI which switched my plan again to 4G and still no H+ with my 9900.

Any clues?
    I'm confused... Isn't the 9810 only HSPA+ and not 4G/LTE?

Examining AT&Ts 3G-to-4G upgrade path
    09-15-11 05:01 PM
    I have an AT&T Family plan (1400 minutes) currently supporting my 9900, my wife's 9700, and my son's iPhone 3G. My previous device is a 9700. We are each on the 2GB BB data plan.

My 9900 is Rogers-branded, unlocked, from Canada.
    okay perfect. So like did you have a BB plan from before or an iPhone data plan? Im also on the at&t family plan with 1400 mins (both are iPhones including mine). Now do i have to terminate my iPhone data plan and get some special BB data plan like u mentioned (2gb ?? ) or can i stay on my iPhone contract of 2 yrs with my current data plan and add the BB plan? My only other option right now is to break the contract and just get verizon BB 9930 ( i don't want sprint or t-mobile) . I'm really confused

Sorry for my ignorance I'm really new to the blackberry.

Edit: sorry for raiding your thread jefo13
    Last edited by beeebee; 09-16-11 at 02:08 AM.
    09-16-11 01:58 AM
    Beebee, sent you PM.

09-16-11 07:19 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD