Guys I need some serious help.

I recently got a bold 9900 from Rogers, it works perfectly for the most part, but I am travelling abroad and decided I wanted to unlock the phone, having unlocked a few phones in the I followed the instructions on BlackBerry MEP Code

Unfortunately there is no MEP ID listed on the OS Engineering -> Device Info screen. And to make matters worse, it says that it does not detect a ROM and the "Network = CDMA". This cannot be right, since, 1. Rogers is GSM (At least in Toronto), 2) It connects to H+ (I heard CDMA does not have that, but I could be wrong) 3. The Box, Behind The Battery and The desktop software detect it as 9900.

Over and above that the some other info is:

Vendor ID: 107
    Platform: 5.0.0.464
    App Version: 7.0.0.261 (1346)

Furthermore the following is the screenshot from the device info:
    Code:
    From Reset: 1063507t@128tps=02:18:28
    Device Secure: Yes
    Rom Version: NO_ROM_DETECTED
    Chip Type: MSM8655-0 1.2G Rev: 2.1
    ChipId:0x205860e1
    HWID = 0X07001204
     Network = CDMA
     FormFactor = 0x12
     BandType = Extended
    Vendor ID: 107
    QC SW Rev: M7630A-ABBQMRYA-1.2.505010T
    QC FW Rev: 100
    QC Build: AAABQMN
    Device Capabilities
     USB
     Built in headset
     Removable battery
     GPS
     Bluetooth
     TriColor LED
     Coin Cell
     Network Time
     Light sensor
     OTA Update
     Trackball
     SDCard
     Hot swappable SDCard
     Camera
     WLAN radio
     Touchscreen
     Accelerometer
     Camera AF
     Optical Trackball
     BSIS
     Unknown(34)
     Unknown(35)
     Unknown(37)
    Bands
    SW Parts List
    What do you think the problem may be? Has anyone see this happen before with the the 9900 or any other phone? I did try re-installing the OS (same version) but that did not seem to help.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    10-21-11 09:11 AM
    At the top of the website you listed they have a section for if you have an OS7 BB. They give you the MEPs to use (BlackBerry MEP Code).

Not sure about your engineering screen questions.
    10-21-11 11:03 AM
    and you didnt happen to load another providers os?
    10-21-11 03:47 PM
    At the top of the website you listed they have a section for if you have an OS7 BB. They give you the MEPs to use (BlackBerry MEP Code).

Not sure about your engineering screen questions.
    Dalmond, I actually did not realize that part at all. Would have saved me tons of time. though I am still a little concerned about the engineering screens, dont want to attempt an OS upgrade until I can get a clue what maybe causing that.

and you didnt happen to load another providers os?
    Nope, did not load the os from another provider, am a 100% on that one, further more the problem was there right out of the box.
    10-22-11 12:49 AM
    At the top of the website you listed they have a section for if you have an OS7 BB. They give you the MEPs to use (BlackBerry MEP Code)...
    LOL., exact same oversight.

I was a little stumped looking through that enginerring window & not seeing any mep ID entry.
    11-20-11 08:12 PM
    same here my bold 9900 is also detecting at CDMA in escreen what could be the reason, and i am not getting 3G signal only 2G any idea ?
    12-26-11 12:57 AM
    oh noes, based on your engineering screen, you have a trackball too! you sure it's not a 9000?

and your camera has autofocus! you sure it's not a 9790?

what exactly is wrong your phone?
    Last edited by narci; 12-26-11 at 01:08 AM.
    12-26-11 01:03 AM
    nope its 9900, i dunno whats causing this, if you can also check in your 9900 if the escreen is the same can any one post their escreen screen shot please fr bold 9900
    12-26-11 02:20 AM
    I am also having the same problem, did you ever get it fixed?
    02-11-12 02:15 PM
    This is a problem that is happening on my wife's T-Mobile 9900. I put her unlock code in and it isn't allowing her to use Blackberry Protect. When I go to the T-Mobile website and try to access her account, it shows my PIN.

When I go to the engineering screen, it shows "Network=CDMA". When I look at the "Service Status", it shows "Not Connected". But, I can turn off WiFi, use just the mobile network and surf the internet through the browser.
    03-09-12 10:52 PM
    go here. follow the instructions.
    MyBlackberryUnlock | Unlock BlackBerry Phones for Free!

i did and unlocked my rogers 9900, it works great with bell and a telus sim
    03-10-12 12:38 AM

That's actually a very cool service. However, the problem isn't getting an unlock code, it is trying to figure out why there isn't "Blackberry Internet Service" listed as active in the Service Status section after unlocking. That seems to be what is causing the Blackberry Protect to not work.
    03-10-12 06:53 AM
    I have the Telus GSM but on the engineering screen it still reads CDMA. I have no idea why a GSM phone reads CDMA. I have my Telus Bold 9900 unlocked and in Canada all the Bold 9900 have the exact same unit version with 3G/H+ bands 1,2,5,6.

So, your phone is GSM even though the system reads CDMA.
    03-10-12 07:59 AM
    So, your phone is GSM even though the system reads CDMA.
    Yes, it is still a GSM phone and it is strange that it reads CDMA. But, the Blackberry Internet Service is still not registering and Blackberry Protect doesn't work.
    03-10-12 08:53 AM
    Hi

None of the codes they supplied has worked for me

07-13-12 05:12 PM
    Can anyone share the Rogers MEP ID for the bold 9900 please? or is this unique for each individual phone? Trying to unlock a 9900 that I bought 2nd hand.
    11-28-16 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD