Wow is anybody else seeing this? The Blackberry Bold is prominently featured all thru Dck Clark's Rockin NY special. Lots of commercials for the 9900 and big billboards behind all the musical performers showcasing the Bold. Other than the Disney banners it is the most noticeable neon on the show. Is this part of RIM's $100 million dollar spending spree?

If you cannot read the print it says "Brought to you
    by Blackberry Bold"
    Last edited by mojosingle; 01-01-12 at 01:37 AM.
    01-01-12 01:34 AM
    they did a great campaign on this, #BeBold for Twitter and then all the Bold ads. Looking good for RIM in 2012! Really stoked on my 9900, best phone i've had to date!
    01-01-12 02:10 AM
    That's awesome, I finally saw my first Bold commercial while watching the history channel, oh and the guys on American Pickers use BB's too I hope the marketing helps RIM sell some more BlackBerrys
    01-01-12 02:34 AM
    I love my 9900 and am definitely excited to see RIM advertising aggressively. I hope it is a good year for blackberry fans.
    01-01-12 02:47 AM
    You guys should read the blogs more often :P
    BlackBerry sponsoring D1ck Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest

Agreed though, was awesome to see so much BB love tonight!
    01-01-12 03:36 AM
    I read the blog so I knew that BB was going to be "sponsoring" the NYE event, but when I actually saw it on TV, I was actually impressed by how well (and how much) the product placement was.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-01-12 03:54 AM
    Good job RIM!
    what a way to start a new year.
    01-01-12 07:18 AM
    I read the blog so I knew that BB was going to be "sponsoring" the NYE event, but when I actually saw it on TV, I was actually impressed by how well (and how much) the product placement was.
    next, they should have the Bold in a Michael Bay movie.
    JR A likes this.
    01-01-12 09:04 AM
    Love my 9900. But RIM's falling apart at the seams, due primarily to bad management and planning. The fact that they have a media blitz months after the device was released is indicative of this.
    01-01-12 09:25 AM
    I found it funny that Jenny McCarthy tried to take a picture of some people and couldn't do it so she just pretended that she took a picture.
    01-01-12 09:43 AM
    I've been seeing a lot of ads on TV for the Bold recently. Good job RIM!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 09:49 AM
    I found it funny that Jenny McCarthy tried to take a picture of some people and couldn't do it so she just pretended that she took a picture.

Haha! I caught that too! But I think she just wanted to show off the phone and not really take a pic.

Either way I was so happy to FINALLY see this phone promoted (even though it came out like 5 months ago...)

I know the glowing bike and Diplo commercials are cool, but I wish they would have shown the commercial with the guy using the touchscreen more.

On twitter a lot of people didn't even know the new Bold was touchscreen. When they saw that, they became really interested.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-01-12 10:05 AM
    Love my 9900. But RIM's falling apart at the seams, due primarily to bad management and planning. The fact that they have a media blitz months after the device was released is indicative of this.
    I agree. While I am happy about this new advertising campaign, I think it should have been started when OS7 devices launched and before the holidays, not at the end of the shopping season. That would have pushed the sales a lot and helped with public perception and share prices. I just hope that management learned from their mistakes and don't repeat them, 2012 is the last chance for RIM to make a comeback. Or else...
    spike12 likes this.
    01-01-12 10:06 AM
    RIM will have 80% market share by Q2 2012.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    01-01-12 10:25 AM
    RIM will have 80% market share by Q2 2012.
    What market, fantasy land?
    01-01-12 10:44 AM
    I go back to work on Tuesday after having some time off. I bet my co-workers will say, "Hey, I saw your phone on TV on NYE, you were right, I should have gotten the new Bold!".
    01-01-12 10:47 AM
    and what I would like to add is that commercial in nba looks good too!
    JR A likes this.
    01-01-12 12:45 PM
    This was a great way for RIM to start the year
    01-01-12 02:05 PM
    When I first bought the bold 9930 and took it to work, my coworkers questioned why I would buy a phone without a touchscreen. Sigh!

RIM needs to make only one phone: Bold 9900/9930

This will go along way to change public perception about their phones being outdated.

Sent using Tapatalk
    01-01-12 02:17 PM
    A lot of people say Rim is doing a mistake by pushing these phones after the Holiday season. I totally disagree when it comes to cell phones I think this is the best time.
    Working in cell phone stores for many years and now currently at AT&T our biggest profit months are Jan,Feb,March,July and of course whatever month a new iPhone is launched.
    01-01-12 02:33 PM
    RIM's first advert ever lol
    tyler_JC likes this.
    01-01-12 02:44 PM
    the fruit and veg sunday market ! lol!
    tyler_JC likes this.
    01-01-12 06:14 PM
    I like how they are putting the bold name to a whole new level eh. That's why we will need a bb10 bold eh!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 12:05 AM
    I saw a number of 9900 adverts on TV. I love them.
    But they HAVE to show more of the touch screen use! I absolutely love this blackberry, sometimes it mucks up on me with the shift or alt-del clearing what I typed (I almost always forget to copy it lol), I still love it. Extremely fast to type on and less typos. My 9700 is still the easiest to type on and I'm using it right now to stream internet radio via wifi using miroamer (I have the same thing on the 9900 ). Best smartphone I have ever used.
    01-02-12 12:21 AM
    this advertising won't help them.they should start advertising their lifeline qnx device.should say something like "its coming-meteor from another galaxy,supernormal capabilities,will transform smartphone communication,the laser,the prism,the crown jewel of another dimension-an all touch qnx cyborg. rim really needs to do advertising thats eye popping like this.apple really is the front runner in advertising.
    01-02-12 12:30 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD