Hi everyone,

I got my Bold from the AT&T store yesterday and I'm loving it. I noticed this morning that whenever I get a text, it doesn't make a sound and the light just blinks. The profile is on normal and whenever I go to select a text tone or something, it reads "Invalid ringtone selected , please make another selection." I also downloaded 3 ringtones from Myxer last night and I have no idea if that has something to do with this. I don't know how to fix it!

Thanks,
    Evan.
    11-08-11 01:16 PM
    Hi everyone,

I got my Bold from the AT&T store yesterday and I'm loving it. I noticed this morning that whenever I get a text, it doesn't make a sound and the light just blinks. The profile is on normal and whenever I go to select a text tone or something, it reads "Invalid ringtone selected , please make another selection." I also downloaded 3 ringtones from Myxer last night and I have no idea if that has something to do with this. I don't know how to fix it!

Thanks,
    Evan.
    try installing or copying the .wav, mp3 or midi ringtone to the sd card in the ringtones folder. you can then assign them using the profile app.
    11-08-11 03:49 PM
    What if I don't have a micro SD card?
    11-08-11 04:31 PM
    What OS are you running? The phone gives you an error for ANY alert sound you try, not just the downloaded ones, correct? Does the problem fix itself after you reboot (either a battery pull or a soft-reboot?)

I had the same issue after upgrading to OS .439. The problem for me was a flashlight app (OneTouch) I had installed. This app is recognized by my phone as a "media event", because it uses the camera's flash (I think). After I exit the app, the new OS doesn't recognize the media event as ended, and doesn't let me play any alert sounds because of this.

I figured this out by looking at the event log (alt + lglg), and it logged my attempt to test an alert in my sound profiles as something like "Cannot play sound while another media event is ongoing" (this is just the gist of the error, I can't remember the exact phrasing).

Only way I found around it was to reboot. Even if you don't have the flashlight app, it's possible the same issue is being caused by another app.
    Last edited by AllCrackedUp6; 11-09-11 at 11:52 PM.
    smartbuddy and itsmeknt like this.
    11-09-11 11:50 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,
    Evan.
    yeah man, this happened to me too... just do the battery pull and everything should be fine
    11-10-11 12:34 AM
    Mines doing the same thing and im using a torch 9810 on 7.0.0.540.. noticed it started about a week ago almost every night. I notice it started after i installed that OS version, i do a battery pull or a soft reset and everything work fine but i sound't have to do that almost every night... any ideas?
    11-23-11 11:20 PM
    What OS are you running? The phone gives you an error for ANY alert sound you try, not just the downloaded ones, correct? Does the problem fix itself after you reboot (either a battery pull or a soft-reboot?)

I had the same issue after upgrading to OS .439. The problem for me was a flashlight app (OneTouch) I had installed. This app is recognized by my phone as a "media event", because it uses the camera's flash (I think). After I exit the app, the new OS doesn't recognize the media event as ended, and doesn't let me play any alert sounds because of this.

I figured this out by looking at the event log (alt + lglg), and it logged my attempt to test an alert in my sound profiles as something like "Cannot play sound while another media event is ongoing" (this is just the gist of the error, I can't remember the exact phrasing).

Only way I found around it was to reboot. Even if you don't have the flashlight app, it's possible the same issue is being caused by another app.
    Thanks, this helped! Turns out you don't need a reboot after all, just turn off the flashlight when you're done using it (I usually just leave it on and exit the app, which isn't the same), and the sounds can be played as normal afterwards.

I have a Bold 9700 with the FlashBack app btw.
    12-21-11 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD