from 2 weeks ago y blackberry 9900 ringtones, messages and alarm clock sounds not coming. vibrating only..when restart device same..I already wipe device and update new version. but still same..But when I remove battery and restart it's ok. All working. After 2 hours again no sounds.. Device settings all ok..can you help me..
    08-24-13 04:35 AM
    from 2 weeks ago y blackberry 9900 ringtones, messages and alarm clock sounds not coming. vibrating only..when restart device same..I already wipe device and update new version. but still same..But when I remove battery and restart it's ok. All working. After 2 hours again no sounds.. Device settings all ok..can you help me..
    You've wiped it and installed a new OS, that's what I would have suggested. It works for a couple of hours and then goes back to not working.

It's a two year old device? Or did you recently get it?

By the way welcome to the forum!!!!
    LASHAN R likes this.
    08-24-13 05:57 AM
    Yes. I bought it last year May. Now it's old around 1&1/2 years. Can u give me any solution..
    08-24-13 02:44 PM
    All the missing audio comws through the speakers. The next thing I would check when the problem appears is whether speakerphone works. Then I would be heading for the self-test routines and/or checking softwate version against latest releases.

Sorry I dont know where the self tests are hidden on 9900. On earlier software it was hidden in the Status screen (or About screen? ) and blind type "test". Maybe a 9900 user can confirm.

Sent from an Otterbox wrapped Samsung Galaxy.
    08-24-13 06:21 PM
    My current version software update is 7.1.0 bundle 2061..I tried to find above self test, but I cannot find out. Is that trouble related to the battery. And my music player & phone calls sounds working usually. Only problem has ringing & alarm sound.
    Last edited by LASHAN R; 08-25-13 at 02:56 AM.
    08-25-13 02:46 AM
    Is it in "Escalating"?

douevenCB10?
    08-25-13 02:49 AM
    Anything else working when alarm fails is pointing to a software problem. I don't know the OS7 versions but I suggest either finding a later build or even just reloading your existing version

Sent from an Otterbox wrapped Samsung Galaxy.
    LASHAN R likes this.
    08-25-13 07:23 PM