so my desktop manager told me to upgrade to 7.0.0.585 everything seemed fine untill my when people were calling me my ringtone wasnt going off when it was on loud. it only vibrates. any ideas on how to fix this
    01-22-12 02:30 AM
    You need to go into Change Sounds and Alerts > Profile Management > Loud, and then check the call settings.
    01-22-12 03:06 AM
    trust me ive already done that... even try it when u change the ringtone doesnt work... it only vibrates. if i restart my phone it will ring accouple times for different phone calls but goes back to nothin after a few incoming calls..
    01-22-12 11:22 AM
    I am having the exact same issue. After a battery pull my ringtone will work properly for a while but then without changing anything I will notice I've been missing calls because my ringtone is not playing. My sound profile has not been touched. When try calling the phone I will see that it is in fact ringing, the screen displays the incoming call, but the ringtone just doesn't play...

I only noticed this after I upgraded to 7.0.0.585.

How do we solve this?
    02-15-12 08:58 AM
    Do you have a flashlight app? See if this helps: 9930 Ringer Mysteriously Stops Working
    dan4real likes this.
    02-15-12 09:07 AM
    Thanks Dustanh, +rep.

I also did some digging and yes, the problem was the One Touch Flashlight app:

After using the app and then closing it, the ringtone will no longer play when you receive a call. After a battery pull the ringtone will play again, until you run the flashlight app again.

I tested and this was the case when using One Touch Flashlight app version 2.77.

I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled the same app with version 2.900 and then tested again. The ringtone now plays fine after using the app.

So the solution to this problem is to uninstall the app and reinstall the updated version 2.900 so that it won't cause your ringtones to go silent.
    02-15-12 09:41 AM
    Glad it helped.

It's not necessarily 2.77.

Jared provided me with a different version of the app labeled as 2.77 and I have no issues with it. I'll look into the new version though.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-15-12 at 10:14 AM.
    02-15-12 10:03 AM
    Another way to get around this is just use the device's video camera as the flashlight. In video camera options have Video Light checked so the LED comes on when you start the video camera. Besides, I had security problems with a Jarred app on my 9700 so I don't trust them.
    02-15-12 10:27 AM
    All you have to do is open the VC then hit the spacebar.
    02-15-12 07:42 PM
    Another great app -
    02-15-12 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD