Heard this rumor a couple of times in the forums, can anyone confirm this is true or at least a legitimate rumor? Cheers
    05-10-12 01:32 AM
    Heard nothing
    05-10-12 02:19 AM
    Have they ever "released" an updated battery? I would think they would keep updating OS 7.1, and really try to get the carriers to approve the latest builds. When I had the stock OS 7.0 that came with my 9900 at launch, I was really blown away at how battery life was terrible. I had been expecting it, because I remember that the batter wasn't as good as my 9780, but WOW, I didn't expect it to be that bad.

But with every leaked OS I loaded, battery life only improved. Now I'm on OS 7.1.0.402 and battery life is awesome, to the point where I'd think it was a totally different battery.

I wouldn't buy an updated jm1 battery for my 9900 even if RIM did come out with it (I'm guessing they won't just be handing them out through carrier stores..). I recommend .402...it solves all the battery problems..
    05-10-12 02:40 AM
    Heard this rumor a couple of times in the forums, can anyone confirm this is true or at least a legitimate rumor? Cheers
    Sedio is one maker who made extended or upgraded batteries for BB. But they are not making any thing such for 99XX.
    RIM never rovide any hardware upgrade (battery included)...
    may be new BB10 keyboard bold (or whatever) may have better battery life...
    05-10-12 03:04 AM
    I don't think that is going to happen. But if it did.. that would be amazing. Getting the battery life that I used to get on my 9780?!! I would be golden!
    05-10-12 10:48 AM
    They don't upgrage hardware, get real. They upgrade software and build next generation phones. From a hardware position the 99xx is obsolete their concentrating on their next releases. For them to work to upgrade old technology would be ridiculous. Live with it, its a great phone with better to follow!!
    Last edited by Betmen; 05-10-12 at 11:27 AM.
    05-10-12 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD