The android OS is a real pain, sorting through all the bloatware will drive you mad, and the contacts app tries to pull its info from so many sources at once that you end up with alot of multiples with different caller pics. Also nothing seems to integrate very well and work arounds generally are the standard practice for doing mundane things, like syncing to the computer for example.

I prefer the java os on my phone cuz I know all its old secrets and hidden tricks that were baked in over the past ten years of development.... well I know enough of them.... always learning more. I will be happy to let yall beta BBX for me thank you very much. I'll upgrade after yall have got it singing nicely after the next two years or so.

The smart thing is for RIM to develop and cultivate that android emulator while simultaneously wooing their own app developers. Lets all hope and pray they can pull it off cuz if they dont I may have to get an iphone again and I dont know if I can handle that after enjoying this 9900.
    12-01-11 10:51 AM
    Lol OP went full ******
    12-01-11 12:10 PM
    I think OP doesn't understand BB usage at all,
    Either OP treats his BB as banana phone or he doesnt understand Android OS.
    Android/iOS is for apes (one who needs assistance to make phone calls or unable to perform basic tasks on cellphone without some assistance)
    With such a open nature if android its too unusable to use android.
    iOS is for people who have lot of free time.
    12-01-11 01:02 PM
    I agree. BBOS is outdated. Really could use a makeover. Will save final opinion till after bbx tho. I had 4 different blackberries and they all felt like the same phone. Not good.
    Buy 4 iPhone or android....
    And wait for a week they will feel same too.
    12-01-11 01:23 PM
    Brilliant idea!! Except every smartphone manufacture on earth using android except apple, nokia and rim. Some of those chinese phone makers selling dual core devices with android for under $300. How can rim compete?
    Cheap labour....
    Pay less wages...
    Push to work overtime...
    Imagine if you work in RIM and they give all the work to Asian countries and you loose your job...
    RIM is one of the companies who provide employment ....
    12-01-11 01:27 PM
    If RIM uses Android they could build exclusive security features for their phones, with Android you can edit the code and build your exclusive OS with the features you want.

Lets see what RIM is going to do in the future, but as it is right now they are loosing millions of users, also by releasing phones like the bold 9900 that bricks itself in the night and by not releasing fast a fix for this they are showing that they are in trouble and maybe the best solution is to move their phones to another OS.

Also the battery of the bold 9900 last less than 24 hours, I think it is the worst battery of any blackberry.

One user write that why I am here if I am an iPhone fan, the only reason I open an account was because I am on my third bold 9900 and I am trying to see if they have released a fix for this issue to stop worrying about the bricking issue.

With my iPhone 4S I never have problems, you don't have to worry for nothing, it works great without issues and this makes it a great phone.
    It takes lot of time to deploy robust security..
    And android owners loves to have new versions of android...
    Even though they don't know the difference between froyo build and icecream sandwich.
    They close eyes and lets others to steal their personal info
    May be BB does only 4 things but it does it very well and that can't be questioned.
    Jack of all trades but master of none=android/iOS
    12-01-11 01:39 PM
    The OP's post is troll dung. It smells really bad
    12-01-11 02:29 PM
    I just threw up in my mouth at the thought of Android on my 9930...
    12-01-11 02:37 PM
    I went to try android attracted by the very well constructed samsung galaxy 2, had a lot of funs; downloaded many things to try; deleted many things after trying; android looked pretty exciting to me..but the funny thing for me is, when I go back to use my Bold 9900, I just found my Bold so much easier to use and get my stuff done; it does't have many things that Android has, but Blackberry just simplifies my life.
    12-01-11 03:38 PM
    i loled when i saw the title of this thread
    12-01-11 04:13 PM
    What's the point of a RIM product if you run Android OS? Android is buggy at best. Sure its great for games, but you cant rely on it to get your emails or for it to be secure. My associate has an Android phone; she complains about missing emails, her desktop not sycing to her phone, and having to re-enter the email password everytime the server tells us our passwords have expired.

I never lose an email, my desktop and my phone are always in sync and I NEVER have to re-enter my password every 3 months.

If RIM switches to Android OS, they are giving themselves the KISS OF DEATH.
    gladiatorofyale and recompile like this.
    12-01-11 05:56 PM
    maybe he works for android for saying such non sense stuff.like buying a subaru with a volks engine. ?????
    and on top u happen to have one of the best phones the bold 9900. in my opinion its non sense.
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 12-01-11 at 08:09 PM.
    12-01-11 08:07 PM
    what's the point of posting this in a blackberry fanboy forum?
    have you guys not met trolls?
    everyone have their preferences, let's leave it at that and let the marketshare and money do the talking please.
    whoever have the more appealing product.for their market segment will win marketshare and customers, it's simple.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    12-01-11 08:14 PM
    I think OP doesn't understand BB usage at all,
    Either OP treats his BB as banana phone or he doesnt understand Android OS.
    Android/iOS is for apes (one who needs assistance to make phone calls or unable to perform basic tasks on cellphone without some assistance)
    With such a open nature if android its too unusable to use android.
    iOS is for people who have lot of free time.
    Lol @ the stereotypical diss to android/iOS users. I see bankers, lawyers, and other professionals using iPhones everyday.
    12-01-11 08:15 PM
    I love this perception that Android will basically just morph itself onto the new hardware you aim it at and everything will be rosy. Like the Terminator robot chick in T3, just give it the Android touch and it is under your control...
    12-01-11 08:18 PM
    it's a terrible idea, but Im not sure i understand all of the android bashing, each OS has it's merits and it's drawbacks. Personally I use android (which is strange for someone who lives in waterloo and has many relatives working for RIM). It is about individual preference, it doesnt mean one is better then the other.
    12-01-11 09:49 PM
    For all the people that laught at my thread read what the new CEO recently said:

"I think it's that unwillingness to sacrifice our long-term value for short-term gain. That's why we didn't choose Android. That's why we decided to build the future on QNX."

Well I still think that RIM needs to drop OS 10 and move to Android, this is the only move I see to revive RIM.

Unfortunatly the CEO and other people don't see this. This the only solution for RIM. If they wait for OS 10 to be released it will be too late for RIM.

I see a blackberry using android with an htc or maybe a samsung handset with exclusive features like bbm and push mail.

Remeber my words RIM will regret not doing this change.
    01-23-12 07:01 AM
    For all the people that laught at my thread...
    ...we were laughing at you Ike
    01-23-12 07:10 AM
    RIM should remain itself and don't pretend to be like others...I also want to ask, if you dislike BB, can you not just go to android or iOS? You talked like getting android into bb hardware is the only way for RIM to survive..this sounded like you know a lot more what others don't know.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 07:57 AM
    Android player for apps is smart, android os not.
    01-23-12 08:04 AM
    Android player for apps is smart, android os not.
    RIM need to kill the Android player and concentrate on BB10. If I want an Android phone i would get one free. There are 100s to choose from. Why would I want Android apps infecting my BB? RIM can not compete and will DIE if they switch to Android.
    01-23-12 10:30 AM
    Research in Motion will never switch to android. QNX is fine, currently OS7 is fine. Why did someone revive this thread anyways? It's not going to happen, why did they think it would? Rim won't die, they aren't going switch to android. People need to get over it and just appreciate that they even have a phone to use anymore.
    01-23-12 10:41 AM
    And the android idea is even more ridiculous if you think that it would be ready faster than OS10 if they were to switch now.
    01-23-12 11:52 AM
    I see a blackberry using android with an htc or maybe a samsung handset with exclusive features like bbm and push mail.
    What you're suggesting here is in no way a BlackBerry. It's an HTC or Samsung running Android that has a couple BlackBerry apps installed on it.

I don't call my Torch 9800 an Android phone because I have the GMail app on it!
    01-23-12 12:20 PM
    Oh no... OP went full ******
    01-23-12 03:58 PM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD