Just buy an extra battery....... That's the beauty of the battery being accessible.......right?
    09-27-11 07:43 PM
    I have no idea what you guys are complaining about, it's like we have different phones. I get through the day just fine, and I check my phone constantly. Maybe you guys are used to the old blackberry, but for me, I made the switch from Android, so the battery on this is amazing. By the way, delete social feeds if you don't need it, trust me it helps.
    09-27-11 07:50 PM
    Just buy an extra battery....... That's the beauty of the battery being accessible.......right?
    not when you have a commuter on it, lol
    09-27-11 07:52 PM
    not when you have a commuter on it, lol
    ... lmao... exactly my issue... a spare and a commuter...
    09-27-11 09:01 PM
    My 9930 is running .362 and the battery runs MUCH better than it did with the original .254 I believe was the version...I bought an extra battery anyway and have had to change it only once since the upgrade, and I'm a pretty heavy user
    09-27-11 09:08 PM
    Take the advice in the common battery problems thread, turn off your gps when not in use, set facebook and social feeds to refresh when you open it only. If that doesnt work wipe your OS with BBSAK and reinstall. Mine works 1-2 days just fine, no issues anymore at all.
    09-27-11 09:11 PM
    I ride my 9900 like a rented pony .. Flogging it all day with mp3's , per hour FB updates .. BBMsging upwards of 50+ msg's ... On the 353 OS and from 6am to 6pm .. I have 40% .. If I can leave home .. And get home on a charge I am happy .. Put the beast on the charger while having dinner and its 100% .. I don't understand the uproar .. This thing lasts longer than I do .. That's all I need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 09:30 PM
    Lets pit it simple - this battery SUCKS!
    Thank you for listening RIM
    Of course they are
    09-28-11 12:33 AM
    This thing lasts longer than I do .. That's all I need
    I feel sorry for your girlfriend/wife.

Sorry couldn't resist after reading that.
    vectrac19 likes this.
    09-28-11 06:21 AM
    stop comparing it to older Blackberries! It's finally up to date with specs... expect a decrease in Battery life... God...
    Are u serious, its not even close to being up to date with specs. Most of the phones these days have dual cores with a gig of ram, front facing camera with autofocus (not edof), 2000-3000mh batteries etc etc. So why should we as Blackberry users expect anything less.

I was showing my colleages at work my new 9900 and they laughed saying people still get Blackberries. RIM is gonna be out of business in the next year if not less.

09-28-11 09:14 AM
    Using .261 myself and the battery life is ghastly compared to my 9780 which my wife now has. It brings me back to my 8830 days where I'd take the phone off charge at 4:30 and by 9am have to put it back on.
    09-28-11 09:34 AM
    Take the advice in the common battery problems thread, turn off your gps when not in use, set facebook and social feeds to refresh when you open it only. If that doesnt work wipe your OS with BBSAK and reinstall. Mine works 1-2 days just fine, no issues anymore at all.
    I've already dumb it down even before reading that thread and it still won't last me a full work day with minimal usage. Like I've said before I believe that its got a lot to do with some batch of phones with bad batteries

09-28-11 10:13 AM
    I have the stock OS and after a few charge cycles, my battery life is awesome now. I feel like a knucklehead for getting a spare battery now. Doh!

09-28-11 10:27 AM
    I concur. Battery life sucks. I have latest .353 on Telus H+ with full signal, mostly.
    I think I've narrowed it down to RIM's Twitter client killing it pretty fast with 30 minute refreshes. When I signed out of that it was much better.
    On a typical day where I'm not using the browser and facebook on it as much, it lasts much, much longer. But on days where I'm constantly on email, Twitter, facebook, and web, I've come to expect no more than about 8 hours.... sad.
    I have the screen time out at 30 seconds, and backlight is on 10%, and I'm always hitting the lock button between uses (so screen is off well before the 30 second time out).
    maybe I got a dud battery...
    09-28-11 01:42 PM
    I have no idea what you guys are complaining about, it's like we have different phones. I get through the day just fine, and I check my phone constantly. Maybe you guys are used to the old blackberry, but for me, I made the switch from Android, so the battery on this is amazing. By the way, delete social feeds if you don't need it, trust me it helps.
    Agree, social feeds really eats on the battery..
    09-28-11 02:11 PM
    I deleted social feeds and my battery still suffers. Of course I'm on the stock OS, so ...

I don't typically run facebook and other social networking programs right off the blackberry. I just use their mobile web site instead.
    09-28-11 03:29 PM
    is there an OS that people have confirmed is certainly better than the VZW stock .254 for battery life?
    09-28-11 06:28 PM
    been having dropped calls, screen dialing numbers on its own (when you open the send key, it goes dialing the last number automatically).
    phone hangs after accepting a call. its either the carrier, or the phone. i am on 261 9900. battery was poor, similar to my galaxy s2.
    09-28-11 08:12 PM
    By the way I love blackberries but it's a completely different machine. Designed for a different purpose, and very good at it. Kick apples ***? It'll never happen. Apple is an innovator of this time. Just like rim was back when.
    09-28-11 08:23 PM
    Really so religion and fanboy are not the same? Sure they are.
    09-28-11 08:30 PM
    Really so religion and fanboy are not the same? Sure they are.
    Fanatics of any kind are dangerous.
    09-28-11 08:32 PM
    Fanatics of any kind are dangerous.
    Wow. We are talking about phones still right? Just wow. So If someone is a Philly fanatic? Dangerous?hmmmm
    09-28-11 08:35 PM
    is there an OS that people have confirmed is certainly better than the VZW stock .254 for battery life?

They are saying .362 is a little better. Check the sticky in the 9930 section.

I knew there would be "issues" with this small of a battery, but I made the jump anyway. With more powerful processor and a kick-arse screen, I expected the typical BB battery life experience to suffer. But I can live with it.

I noticed if I leave the Twitter app open, that it drains the battery more than if the app was closed.

This will be my first BB device ever where I will not get an extended battery. Love the form factor too much, and the sexy factor too. It's still better than the Droid X I had.

Maybe VZW or Seidio will come out with an extended battery soon that will fit in the OEM battery door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-28-11 08:49 PM
    my current version is 7.0.0 bundle 1346 is there a version that will give me better battery life if so how do i install it?
    09-28-11 09:47 PM
    ^^ Yes 1800-geek-squad will install it for you. There are no instructions on how to do this that I can find.

09-28-11 11:01 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD