Lets pit it simple - this battery SUCKS!

No idea what the guys at RIM was thinking about when designing this phone, but my feeling is it needed at least 2000 or maybe even 3000 mha battery.

Last Sunday took the phone off the charger ~6 am. In very early afternoon was time for charging it, again!

Quick look into settings, the stuff related to Application Management, shows - Idle: about an hour or so; Used: Seven hours or so.
    (Well, usually with 9300 it was about 3 hours, maybe bit more some time, from very early morning to midnight.)

Let put it simple guys (at RIM). Designing a phone which is (supposed to be) mostly in "Used" mode (during day and night maybe) the 1200 mha or something battery SUCKS.
    Just put 2000-3000 mha battery, or put in the pack two extra, at least.
    Maybe there is, just wondering, "smarter" way keeping me very happy with battery life. Simply, don't design phones I am going to use that much. Don't let applications, like Wikitude for example, into AppWorld, ..., don't do that applications integration with BBM - which, again, opens sea of opportunities to communicate/share, ..., just don't put any stuff which will make it hard (even better half was not successful last Sun) the phone to get off my hands.
    Then, maybe, I will be very happy (with battery life) user.

Thank you for listening RIM
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    09-26-11 08:40 PM
    What OS are you using? If it's stock then this thread is already over...
    09-26-11 08:42 PM
    .353 is not the latest official
    09-26-11 08:49 PM
    What you are talking about guys?

Read it carefully, in fact my "complaint" to RIM is the phone is so nice to use that it's virtually never off my hands.

For the Record: OS 353, which gives me more or less the same battery life like 9300, with the same usage.
    09-26-11 08:51 PM
    well said, they were dragged in thickness competition with apple and android phones and forgot one of the real needs of bb users which solid battery as they always used to with previous bold models even the 9000. I tried everything with the battery but I failed.

they claim its a flagship phone and i agree in terms of design, screen, keyboard, snappy but unfortunately due to the battery issue i am not benefiting from any of this, i have to keep brightness low, remove apps that may work in the background, use the 2g instead of the 3g, and finally try to hold my self from playing around with the phone to save the battery.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    09-26-11 08:54 PM
    Coming from a thunderbolt on Verizon, battery life on this phone is a dream. Even when I wasn't playing with my tbolt all day, I would need to charge it after 4-5 hours. I would take it off the charger in the am, check my fb and bam, I was already at 92%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 09:01 PM
    It is the latest at this moment for 9900.

- Charles
    09-26-11 10:01 PM
    stop comparing it to older Blackberries! It's finally up to date with specs... expect a decrease in Battery life... God...
    09-26-11 10:49 PM
    Beginning in old 8900 threads I said RIM would be sold and dissolved by 2014.

I stand by my comment.

Goodbye RIM.

w3phan likes this.
    09-26-11 11:00 PM
    Please tell us what the latest release for a 9900 is then, because I'm on .353 and would like to upgrade to the latest release version. Notice that the OP has a 9900, not a 9930...

@ Lazerus - I'd bet you a lot of money that you're dead wrong. RIM will never be dead, maybe bought out by Google or Microsoft, but not dead. They're becoming more attractive as a takeover target every day, but they'll never be 2nd rate players in the smartphone market. They WILL figure it out and turn it around. They still own the corporate world...and their subscription base everywhere (except in the N/A market) is increasing monthly. Hardly the kind of news that would make anyone think they'll be dead in 2 years.
    Last edited by FBA; 09-26-11 at 11:09 PM.
    09-26-11 11:01 PM
    Please tell us then what the latest release for a 9900 is then, because I'm on .353 and would like to upgrade to the latest release version. Notice that the OP has a 9900, not a 9930...
    He's not allowed to tell us what the latest version is.

LoL

Lemme guess its .666

Brilliant.

kingest_kong likes this.
    09-26-11 11:03 PM
    He's allowed, he just doesn't bother reading the threads/posts...LOL
    09-26-11 11:09 PM
    Agent 99 lasts about 14-16 hours per charge, unless I get multiple BBM group adds due to someone rebuilding their OS, long phone calls, or lots of Rollercoaster Rush. I have BW, WhatsApp, and Socialscope on all day.

09-27-11 12:12 AM
    I was reading the 9360 forum last night and a guy wrote that his batt time was pathetic and that when he updated to a new OS (I think it was 7.0.0.400) it became a different animal all together and he was back to the 9700 glory days (batt wise).
    Maybe we'll have the same drastic improvement for the 99s with the next string of OSs

09-27-11 05:22 AM
    I have no issues with the battery. Normal usage gets me through the day between 7am till 10pm at night and still have 50% left on the battery if I use it a bit more its down to 30% but thats about it. Not sure whats the big complaints about this phone. I have been a RIM user since the "RIM Pager" and plenty of BB's this is by far the best they ever made, hands down.
    09-27-11 06:05 AM
    I have no issues with the battery. Normal usage gets me through the day between 7am till 10pm at night and still have 50% left on the battery if I use it a bit more its down to 30% but thats about it. Not sure whats the big complaints about this phone. I have been a RIM user since the "RIM Pager" and plenty of BB's this is by far the best they ever made, hands down.
    Agree scooter. My battery life on the stock os is similar to my old 8330. All day hard use and I still have plenty of battery life at bedtime. I can't kill the thing.

09-27-11 06:12 AM
    These battery threads...there's like a kajillion of them. Same ****, same complaints...its entertaining.
    09-27-11 07:24 AM

I stand by my comment.

Goodbye RIM.

Why are you here again? Goodbye!!
    09-27-11 07:41 AM
    Did anyone actually read the OP? 1 hour idle and 7 hours usage. OP was using the phone a LOT! I'd say that's great battery life. I normally log about 3-5 hours of usage during a 24 hour period.
    mtint likes this.
    09-27-11 08:40 AM

I stand by my comment.

Goodbye RIM.

I dont know if im off target or what but if thats you in the pic then your hot...but sadly hot women with brains dont go too well do they?? and your a prime example of that...i bet you got a body to die for as well but brains for nothing.

Its a con from God that he puts such beautiful women on this planet but alot of them are dumb as ****...i feel absolutely cheated, my missus is hot as **** but dumb as **** but sadly divorcing her sorry *** would cost me too much money....she is a good cook and damn great in the sack tho so i suppose it isnt too bad a deal i got in the end.

Do us all a favour Laz...please crawl back under the rock you came from....thanks very much

As for the battery issue??...im on 353 myself and i get pretty decent battery life...i use my 9900 alot during the day and by the time im finished i still have a good 30% battery life. So for me as long as the battery/phone gets me through my day then im not fussed.
    09-27-11 08:50 AM

I stand by my comment.

Goodbye RIM.

it's good u have such a strong opinion but u don;t have to say it in every thread! sell ur BB and move on and don't look back if u hate RIM so much!

people are funny.. when the battery life was good people said "listen RIM we want faster phones with touch screen and qwerty and this and that" they were like OK .. but with faster phones and better hardware comes the need of more POWER.. so which is it? faster or longer?

Also when the other phones came out they had battery issues as well... it got better over time with OS updates.. this is probably going to happen with the 9900 but with the new hardware i doubt it'll be as good as the 9700 was..

just as long as it lasts more then 15 hrs i am good..
    Fnord and Deu2e like this.
    09-27-11 09:51 AM
    Did anyone actually read the OP? 1 hour idle and 7 hours usage. OP was using the phone a LOT! I'd say that's great battery life. I normally log about 3-5 hours of usage during a 24 hour period.
    Thank you! Finally someone read the post
    09-27-11 12:37 PM
    so.. cpu goes up by 2x speed, screen resolution goes up and battery life goes down.. nah.. really?..

i am fed up with whining posts... go buy a five year old flip phone..the battery will last four days.
    Hi Tek likes this.
    09-27-11 04:12 PM

For 9900 it is..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX - on Tapatalk
    09-27-11 06:38 PM
    I had horrible battery life on mine. I went to the place I got it(Optus Australia) to see if I could get it swapped for a different one. They don't do that, they have to send it away to be tested for all problems. So I'm back on my 9700 right now. The battery is at 95% after doing almost as much this morning on it as I would have on my 9900. This is 2hours after unplugging it. My 9900 would have been down 10% after unplugging it and using it to browse the web for 10 minutes. I'm hoping they give me a new battery or new phone+battery just to be sure.

09-27-11 06:48 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD