Link On Edmonton Journal !

Awesome to see positive articles like this

RIM Still Leads Smartphone Market
    MrFuts and flash24 like this.
    12-07-11 12:48 PM
    RIM leads the market in a lot of places around the world... just a lot of the focus is on the North American market...
    12-07-11 01:13 PM
    Ya know Fubaz...I've been wondering that..WHY is the focus solely on the North American market? Do we have that much of a sway with things that if a product flops or doesn't do well that it will automatically doom it in other places?

You are correct that BB is doing well in other places around the world....it is a bit unusual if you think about it....
    puffski likes this.
    12-07-11 01:20 PM
    Ya know Fubaz...I've been wondering that..WHY is the focus solely on the North American market? Do we have that much of a sway with things that if a product flops or doesn't do well that it will automatically doom it in other places?

You are correct that BB is doing well in other places around the world....it is a bit unusual if you think about it....
    Probably because a lot don't like us so they don't want whatever we like. Not saying I like iphone.
    12-07-11 01:35 PM
    Probably because a lot don't like us so they don't want whatever we like. Not saying I like iphone.
    I would not say that. I worked with a woman who was from Romania. She was more fluent in English than many folks I've met who were born in the US, although she had only lived in the US for 3 weeks prior to getting the job at the company where we worked.

I asked her how she learned English, and she said that she had studied English during the entire time she was in school. She said, "It is necessary to know English, since English is the language of the business world."
    12-07-11 01:53 PM
    I would not say that. I worked with a woman who was from Romania. She was more fluent in English than many folks I've met who were born in the US, although she had only lived in the US for 3 weeks prior to getting the job at the company where we worked.

I asked her how she learned English, and she said that she had studied English during the entire time she was in school. She said, "It is necessary to know English, since English is the language of the business world."
    Mandarin is becoming that.
    BekNazar likes this.
    12-07-11 02:07 PM

All though English may be the business language for now, I've heard plenty of stories from people traveling abroad and a lot of places do not like Americans. I guess I can not blame them if they judge by our government and practices but that is not the people. Even places where Americans came to their rescue in the past. But it is what it is and hope for change.
    12-07-11 05:45 PM
    santa says rim will not lead the smartphone market in north america until it surpasses or catches up to its competition spec wise.rim needs to implement 8 or 10 megapixel autofocus cameras in its future devices along with other criteria.mrs.claus says when santa is right,he is right dead on.
    12-07-11 09:02 PM
    Sure am glad that playbook pairing with my Torch can be done by barcode scan, doing a bluetooth device search in the local mall food court this evening turned up a shirt-load of 9800's...
    12-07-11 09:33 PM
    As Android currently beating the h e l l out of both Apple and RIM in the US consumer market, from next year on, we might see RIM turn around biting the heads off the biggest boy in town, Android, by running both BlackBerry and Android apps on its fast smart phones and tablets running a state of the art secure and reliable operating system (QNX-based).

iOS just doesn't have that on the road map.
    Stay closed, get closed!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-07-11 09:57 PM
    santa says rim will not lead the smartphone market in north america until it surpasses or catches up to its competition spec wise.rim needs to implement 8 or 10 megapixel autofocus cameras in its future devices along with other criteria.mrs.claus says when santa is right,he is right dead on.
    Big man in a red suit. Now I'd love to see him break dance in the mall! :P it would make a viral video hit!
    12-07-11 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD