09-17-11 02:24 PM
45 12
tools
    The battery sucks plain and simple! There's no denying that but you always hear the fan boys saying "I'm a hardcore user and I have been sending messages and calling all day and I still have 70% left" I call BS to that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol. If I am willing to accept that for some the battery life is bad or even horrible (for whatever the reasons) as opposed to assuming they are lying and just bashing RIM, why can you not believe I get great battery life?
    09-17-11 12:06 AM
    Very content with the battery. Just charge it at night when I go to bed. Lasts all day, and I use it quite a bit. Prefer the slim form-factor over bulky. I'd charge the "bulky" nightly, too, so what's the difference?

poloandpearls likes this.
    09-17-11 12:20 AM
    For someone who has owned the Sprint 9930 since Aug 21 the battery life has changed for the better drastically. The first few days I couldn't go half a day without charging the phone again. Now 3 weeks later I go from 8 am to 11 pm on single charge with remaining charge between of 20% to 50%.

My biggest compliant is reception which has gotten worse on the Sprint network in my area.
    09-17-11 12:22 AM
    Curly - that's normal for batteries to "break in". Many people don't realize this and complain after a couple of days. I like to wait a couple of weeks before judging.

09-17-11 12:25 AM
    I totally agree with you decypher44. Also I think in the begin the novelty of a new phone affects it also. I don't play around with the phone now as much as I did.
    09-17-11 12:29 AM
    Uh, yeah there is... If I use my phone moderately and it's still at 65% battery after 10 hours, you're "plain and simple" is full of crap.
    So by "you use your phone moderately" you mean you just leave it on and don't use it all day?

09-17-11 12:35 AM
    Lax, out of curiousity, how long have you owned your 9930? Also, how heavy a user are you? Also, and here's a biggie, do you use GPS Nav a lot?

Thanks.

09-17-11 12:41 AM
    I smell a lot of sarcasm here!

Btw with nav software on I hope you got a charger handy... That's all I gotta say
    09-17-11 12:44 AM
    I get 2+ days on my 9930. No offense but the battery issues reported on the new Bold seem to be more individual issues with the new OS/faulty apps and perhaps individual device defects than anything else. If the design was bad and the battery too small, we 'd all be complaining. We're not.
    Everyone I know who's moved up from the 97xx to the 9900/9930 has the same issue; poor battery life. They are all heavy users who had tremendous battery life on the previous device. The general consensus is poorer battery life than the 97xx..substantially. This isn't an individual issue by any means. I have several users (BES and NON-BES) including me, using the 99xx. No one has any better battery life than the other...

Not saying it's a bad design...in fact, it's probably a trade off to get the added benefits and features the 99xx has to offer. I'm just saying it's poor battery life. The End.
    09-17-11 01:17 AM
    i get 4.5%-6.0% / hour discharge rate (meterbatery) last all day perfectly always have bluetooth one with the playbook and play games on both playbook and 9900 battery is perfect better than the torch i had.
    09-17-11 01:43 AM
    The battery sucks plain and simple! There's no denying that but you always hear the fan boys saying "I'm a hardcore user and I have been sending messages and calling all day and I still have 70% left" I call BS to that

Taking today as an example I was on the phone quite often today. I just looked and I average around 12K texts a month soooo about 300-400 a day. I have push email running on 4 accounts. Wifi and BT on 24/7. BerryWeather updating every 30 mins. After starting my day around 7am I still have 20% at 2:30am. I do not run Nav or use the GPS a lot. I will be picking up a slim extended battery from Seidio when they come out with one though. Enough with the battery threads too.
    09-17-11 02:28 AM
    FBA - "The end"? Weak, dude. You have several people in this thread alone who are giving you their real-world experiences, and you just outright discount them? OooooKkkkk.
    09-17-11 03:11 AM
    The battery life on my 9900 so far has sucked. I've only had it a couple days so I'm hoping it will get better. I'm running 7.0.0.261 which may be the problem. There is a version 101 builds higher then that one I could load onto it to see, I've never done that before so I'm a bit skeptical.

So far today: woke up at 8. Phone was off for some reason with the led blinking and an hour glass on the screen. Would not turn on. No worries, just did a battery pull and it was fixed but at about 80% charge. I was browsing crackberry and facebook while watching a bit of tv then used google maps to guide me for a 25 minute drive. I had to charge it after about 2.25 hours. It was charged to about 80% again and have since been using it to browse the internet a bit and its down to 20% again. So that's now 2.5 hours since it was on the charger and now its back on it.

I ran it down fully when I got it. Charrged it fully. Ran it down, then charged it again and ran it down. I'm not too sure what's up. Maybe ill ask for a different one.

09-17-11 03:32 AM
    The battery life on my 9900 so far has sucked. I've only had it a couple days so I'm hoping it will get better. I'm running 7.0.0.261 which may be the problem. There is a version 101 builds higher then that one I could load onto it to see, I've never done that before so I'm a bit skeptical.

So far today: woke up at 8. Phone was off for some reason with the led blinking and an hour glass on the screen. Would not turn on.
    I think there is a problem with your software ( hopefully).

The simple fact that you found your phone screwed is an indication of a problem. Maybe you restored a backup from your previous bb and something went wrong, i had that problem too after restoring a 9700 backup. Or maybe one of the installed apps is incompatible. I performed a wipe and a clean install of the latest version i could find and all went back to normal. Try reading the forum a bit and you will see it's easy to install the os and the results will be worth the trouble. Also, mind the installed apps and check if they were updated to match the new os.
    09-17-11 03:52 AM
    I think the logic here is that the battery life would be shorter because it is a powerful device with a small capacity battery.

Or maybe OS7 is well written that it manages battery power efficiently.
    09-17-11 03:59 AM
    People, delete social feeds! Delete BlackBerry News! I usually get around 24 hours of battery life with moderate use with Google Voice running all the time and Twitter updating every 30 mins. Running stock .254 9930. If you are getting bad battery life, please make sure you don't have random apps updating in the background.
    09-17-11 07:28 AM
    As I have said in many posts my 9930 has the best battery life and fastest charge of any phone I have ever owned! I have seen both 9930 and 9900 both complain about battery life and for the life of me I can't understand it. Is RIM using different batteries? Or is there a hardware issue? I think RIM needs to look into this issue to explain the large gap in user differences.

Is there already an App that would open up and tell your biggest battery hogging applications - with biggest in Red? With an easy click to close. Maybe show the % added life you'd get with closing? Unless you are experienced, you don't know which are the main culprits (e.g. anything GPS)
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 09-17-11 at 12:21 PM.
    09-17-11 12:16 PM
    Exchange your battery or don't have a bunch of apps running all day. Battery life is excellent over here.
    09-17-11 12:53 PM
    I can't believe yet another "my 9900 battery life is awful" thread has reached 40 odd post!!!

Oh, and the batty life on my 9900 is just awesome
    09-17-11 02:17 PM
    I don't understand the battery problem people are having. My phone lasts about 48 hours between charges; and I've got corporate email, BBM, and Twitter going on all day + a little TuneIn Radio Pro in between.

I think that a call to RIM's warranty department is in order if your battery performance is well under par.
    09-17-11 02:24 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD