being a BB fan for 5 years, I was dreaming to use the 9900, and finally I did.

I didn't believe my self when I saw the battery performance in this device (One of the BB Edges in this fierce competition).

RIM didn't understand its market segment this time, they tried to compete with other completely different phones (different in terms of consumer segments) to build a thinner BB which resulted a best form factor BB with battery stays for 4 to 6 hours.

I think real BB fans could accept thicker bb with a battery like the 9780 rather than holding a BB that is comparable to Samsung Galaxy SII in-terms of thickness.

I have to admit that the design of the 9900 is the best I ever used, but would be great if i have some battery power to be able to use this piece of art.
    joehack likes this.
    09-16-11 06:32 PM
    The battery is just fine. Don't blow it out of perspective.
    Jake Storm and DawgMan like this.
    09-16-11 06:35 PM
    Can't comment on the 9900, but my 9930 has been running for 8 hours and it's at 70% battery, so.....
    09-16-11 06:36 PM
    As I have said in many posts my 9930 has the best battery life and fastest charge of any phone I have ever owned! I have seen both 9930 and 9900 both complain about battery life and for the life of me I can't understand it. Is RIM using different batteries? Or is there a hardware issue? I think RIM needs to look into this issue to explain the large gap in user differences.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    sherifbmw likes this.
    09-16-11 06:40 PM
    on weekends having almost no activities on the mobile, i get 10 to 13 % discharge rate, a friend of mine got almost 17%.
    09-16-11 06:40 PM
    I think real BB fans could accept thicker bb with a battery like the 9780 rather than holding a BB that is comparable to Samsung Galaxy SII in-terms of thickness.
    The solution for you, a "real BB fan" is simple. Don't upgrade to the 99... Oops. Too late. You already did.
    09-16-11 06:43 PM
    The solution for you, a "real BB fan" is simple. Don't upgrade to the 99... Oops. Too late. You already did.
    Will do it
    09-16-11 06:47 PM
    Will do it
    Well, by doing so, you are sending a message to RIM that you like the direction they're going in, with the high-resolution touch screens and thinner profile. I don't think the processor's much of an issue, as newer ones are known to be more battery efficient.
    09-16-11 06:56 PM
    Well, by doing so, you are sending a message to RIM that you like the direction they're going in, with the high-resolution touch screens and thinner profile. I don't think the processor's much of an issue, as newer ones are known to be more battery efficient.
    will do the downgrade i meant.
    09-16-11 07:02 PM
    will do the downgrade i meant.
    Ah yes. Very good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 07:08 PM
    9900 lasts all day.
    I only charge mine when i'm sleeping. Never had to charge midday.
    09-16-11 07:09 PM
    Adapt or die.
    09-16-11 07:24 PM
    It's 9:00 pm now, I've had Mine off the charger since 6am. Used it hard today: 6 phone calls approx 50 emails, bbm a lot, SMS, web surf, Twitter, FB,etc...I am sitting with 55% battery life left. I will never complain about the battery in this puppy!

southlander likes this.
    09-16-11 08:01 PM
    The battery is just fine. Don't blow it out of perspective.
    Interesting thread again (sigh). I was at the beach today streaming some awesome Peter Gabriel live footage off youtube. Unreal experience if you've been a longtime BB user as you pretty much couldn't do this very well if at all.

Not only did the experience far exceed my expectations across several dimensions-speed, responsiveness, screen clarity and color, sound (try the bluetooth wireless headphones too) and even battery performance. It may not be the best ever in battery performance but it's not an issue for me. I always have access to a charger and if you know that you'll be away from AC, buy a backup battery and stop the complaining.

In all, you CANNOT deny this device rocks across so many areas and while nothing is perfect, some tend to fixate on certain aspects and can't let go. What can state without question that at least 10 colleagues of mine that either have and older BB or an iPhone/Android are coming back to BB with these new devices. They complain about how bad the user experience is with a iPhone keyboard I might add.

I personally couldn't be much happier and surprised at how good this device is, and while no device is perfect across all functions, this sucker DELIVERS in spades.

Good luck bud!

09-16-11 08:04 PM
    Coming from several android phones I can honestly say RIM got it right with this phone. My battery life is fantastic. The keyboard is amazing. The screen is fabulous. The speaker is awesome and the phone itself is pure sex.

The ONLY thing I can honestly say I miss is having flash support.

southlander and poloandpearls like this.
    09-16-11 08:22 PM
    Coming from several android phones I can honestly say RIM got it right with this phone. My battery life is fantastic. The keyboard is amazing. The screen is fabulous. The speaker is awesome and the phone itself is pure sex.

The ONLY thing I can honestly say I miss is having flash support.

Are you content with the camera?
    09-16-11 08:36 PM
    Are you content with the camera?

Yes. Believe it or not it is a lot better than the camera on the G2x I had before this.

southlander and zanix like this.
    09-16-11 08:43 PM
    The battery sucks plain and simple! There's no denying that but you always hear the fan boys saying "I'm a hardcore user and I have been sending messages and calling all day and I still have 70% left" I call BS to that

09-16-11 08:55 PM
    The battery sucks plain and simple! There's no denying that but you always hear the fan boys saying "I'm a hardcore user and I have been sending messages and calling all day and I still have 70% left" I call BS to that

The battery may suck compared to prior blackberries but it is fantastic compared to most other phones on the market.

After I get off work I usually still have about 30% left. With my android phone it was dead halfway through the day. I had to carry a charger everywhere I went and keep in mind those phones even had a bigger battery than this has.

09-16-11 08:59 PM

Uh, yeah there is... If I use my phone moderately and it's still at 65% battery after 10 hours, you're "plain and simple" is full of crap.
    OniBerry likes this.
    09-16-11 09:00 PM
    Believe me I am no fan boy of BB. I just upgraded to HTC Thunderbolt on VZW 4G network and am giving that phone away now that I purchased my new Bold. You want to talk about bad battery life look at the android phones. Lucky to get 5 hours of moderate use.

The new Bold gives me about 2 days of use. I am not heavy user, more like moderate. phone has been on and used for the past 14 hours and I have 55% battery life left. Made at least a dozen calls today, surfed the web for about 1 hour and completed about 25 texts and 20 emails, and played music for about 3.5 hours. Not too bad.

I am beginning to think that those that say the battery sucks on the 9930 either: (i) got defective units or (ii) don't have the phone and are just trying to bash RIM (iii) or have no clue how to set up and use your phone.

Battery life on the Bold is actually excellent considering how slim the phone is.
    09-16-11 09:09 PM
    The battery is good for my daily use. It can last a day after 1 full charge. Dropped to critical level at the end of the day. I have car charger, a short 8in micro USB cable always in my pocket. In case of abnormal use like browsing internet or movie and battery drop I have more options to charge the battery.
    09-16-11 10:48 PM
    I don't think its that bad, well I'm not that heavy user kinda guy so 2 days of good use for me, and battery charged extremely fast, from 15% to 100% only 30 minutes
    09-16-11 10:55 PM
    i bought a spare battery. one of the battery listed that the cell are made in china while the other one said cell are made in japan and assembe in mexico. the cell thats made in japan seems to last longer then the one made in china. can someone else confirm this or im i just trippin.
    09-16-11 10:59 PM
    I get 2+ days on my 9930. No offense but the battery issues reported on the new Bold seem to be more individual issues with the new OS/faulty apps and perhaps individual device defects than anything else. If the design was bad and the battery too small, we 'd all be complaining. We're not.
    09-16-11 11:02 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD