Ok so I go to Verizon to ask about the Bold Touch.(you never know what they might say). I asked the rep on the bold and he said the "Blackberry is going out of business, and Verizon is backing away from Verizon and that there is NO BLACKBRERRIES COMING OUT EVER AGAIN" and said that I should look at the droid , he told me if I want one, I should go to AT&T. I can't tell you how ridiculous this was. I told him, ill come back when they relase the phones. I really want to file a complaint, he basically completely wrote off that they were done. Verizon should seriously do something about this cause of all the people who are obviously uninformed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 04:10 PM
    I would have just asked for the store manager and asked him to confirm this information just to see if the ID10T quotient is the same between them. Not sure what market you are in but in upstate ny the Verizon Reps actually know there are BB's coming, and the one I talked 10 days ago was a recent recruit from AT&T. She knew her phones on both carriers. Nice to see some are clued in rather than clueless.
    08-08-11 05:14 PM
    That's unbelievable. I wonder how it affects him that he even felt the need to say that.
    08-08-11 05:16 PM
    Ok so I go to Verizon to ask about the Bold Touch.(you never know what they might say). I asked the rep on the bold and he said the "Blackberry is going out of business, and Verizon is backing away from Verizon and that there is NO BLACKBRERRIES COMING OUT EVER AGAIN" and said that I should look at the droid , he told me if I want one, I should go to AT&T. I can't tell you how ridiculous this was. I told him, ill come back when they relase the phones. I really want to file a complaint, he basically completely wrote off that they were done. Verizon should seriously do something about this cause of all the people who are obviously uninformed.

I think that "rep" was just a customer having a laugh at your expense
    08-08-11 05:49 PM
    The other day at my store a customer came in because she heard about the new BlackBerries coming out...one of the sales persons sold her a Bold 9650. An hour later she returned because her son who is technically savvy told her to return the phone because it wasn't a 9330. Keep in mind she had to pay the $35 restocking fee as well. I work in the tech department (Flextronics) and we are getting laid off nation wide. I feel sorry for the sales guys because they always come to us for questions lol
    08-08-11 05:51 PM
    The other day at my store a customer came in because she heard about the new BlackBerries coming out...one of the sales persons sold her a Bold 9650. An hour later she returned because her son who is technically savvy told her to return the phone because it wasn't a 9330. Keep in mind she had to pay the $35 restocking fee as well. I work in the tech department (Flextronics) and we are getting laid off nation wide. I feel sorry for the sales guys because they always come to us for questions lol
    Sorry to hear you are getting laid off. Hope you land on your feet and find a new job quickly.

Chennylou likes this.
    08-08-11 05:58 PM

wow, someone is definitely not getting any action
    08-08-11 06:14 PM
    She should have gone to a manager and gotten a refund on the restock fee too. A sales rep that will lie shouldn't be employed. Now if he didn't know any better, thats a different story.. BUT since they all should have been notified of training for the new Blackberry's, my guess he was either trying to make a sale or was clueless (Most Likely).
    This story IS funny though, and I think it goes to show Verizon is not only keeping it's customers in the dark, but it's employees as well. I called Verizon tech support on my daughters phone and asked about new Blackberry's and got almost the same answer-RIM was going out of business and NO new Berries from Verizon OR RIM. I asked where he got that info from and he wouldn't answer. I suggested he look at RIM/Blackberry's web-site and learn a little before he wound up eating his words!!
    08-08-11 06:15 PM
    File a complaint with executive customer carebat Verizon....ppl like this don't deserve a job
    08-08-11 06:39 PM
    Ok sure the guy is pretty dumb or didn't know any better or/and is full of himself by saying all that junk but you guys (not all of you) look ridiculous going to extreme lengths to defend RIM/Blackberry.

Maybe it seems this way since I am new and not a huge Crackberry user but you guys are borderline Nazi-defensive when people diss RIM/Blackberry.
    08-08-11 06:48 PM
    Sounds like a salesman tryin to meet his monthly goal/sales quota on a certain category to me. Either way, that was wrong of him to say that and it should be addressed.

08-08-11 07:01 PM
    Tech support, too??? People getting paid to spew bullsh*t. I wish in my line of work I could just say whatever I want, do whatever I want, and it's all okay.
    08-08-11 07:14 PM
    Ok sure the guy is pretty dumb or didn't know any better or/and is full of himself by saying all that junk but you guys (not all of you) look ridiculous going to extreme lengths to defend RIM/Blackberry.

Maybe it seems this way since I am new and not a huge Crackberry user but you guys are borderline Nazi-defensive when people diss RIM/Blackberry.
    lol, i think there are MANY problems with BBs and they need to get on them ASAP. But what this guy said is just too much. As a customer rep, you shouldn't be spewing out bs like this, he said there aren't phones coming out ever again with Verizon...it's really just stupid.
    Last edited by johnpaul12; 08-08-11 at 10:55 PM.
    08-08-11 07:56 PM
    I don't talk to carrier reps/salespeople any time I need any kind of actual "info".

Lost cause.
    08-08-11 08:09 PM
    lol, i think there are MANY problems with BBs and they need to get on them ASAP. But when this guy said is just too much. As a customer rep, you shouldn't be spewing out bs like this, he said there aren't phones coming out ever again with Verizon...it's really just stupid.
    Agreed

Sent from my Incredible
    08-08-11 08:09 PM

So people getting upset about salespersons giving deliberately false information about RIM is considered "Nazi-defensive"? Do you understand the gravity of such a comparison? What an atrociously ignorant statement. It is disgraceful.

08-08-11 08:17 PM
    I had a follow up call tonight with a Verizon Tech Support agent regarding upgrading my MiFi's, for FREE. She remembered all of our conversation last night and brought up the fact that she had training today on the BB OS 7 and in fact was curious why I was looking to switch back from an Android device to BB, not because she felt they were going away, but purely out of curiosity. She was very helpful and nice and I got (2) new MiFi's for free, saved me from spending $600+ and we use these as our primary internet. Rural living can be a btch sometimes.
    08-08-11 09:07 PM
    So people getting upset about salespersons giving deliberately false information about RIM is considered "Nazi-defensive"? Do you understand the gravity of such a comparison? What an atrociously ignorant statement. It is disgraceful.

Thanks for confirming my post about you people. And to think you guys call AppleFanBoys and Fandroids arrogant...

1.Yes getting upset about a salesperson giving false information that defames RIM is Nazi-Defensive when you guys freaked out like you did on the first page.

2. Does the salesperson hurt the OP in anyway by telling him this BS? Nope. So what if he misinforms the other customers. It is their job to do their research if they want the latest and best product. A salesperson will always want the sale.

#someonesmomneededbirthcontrol
    Last edited by chris2k5; 08-08-11 at 09:56 PM.
    08-08-11 09:53 PM
    I had a follow up call tonight with a Verizon Tech Support agent regarding upgrading my MiFi's, for FREE. She remembered all of our conversation last night and brought up the fact that she had training today on the BB OS 7 and in fact was curious why I was looking to switch back from an Android device to BB, not because she felt they were going away, but purely out of curiosity. She was very helpful and nice and I got (2) new MiFi's for free, saved me from spending $600+ and we use these as our primary internet. Rural living can be a btch sometimes.
    Though VZW is very expensive, by contrast, I think their customer service is decent. Just know, mileage varies

Sent from my Incredible
    08-08-11 10:00 PM
    Though VZW is very expensive, by contrast, I think their customer service is decent. Just know, mileage varies

Sent from my Incredible
    Their customer service is great. It is the tech support and salespeople who are out of their minds.

I went to one of the local Verizon Stores to activate a Droid 2 Global because I was on my way home from work anyway. Waited in line for like 10 minutes to get to tech support and then once there, the guy tries to pull a fast one on me...

He tells me..."I can activate it but your phone is broken. The ear piece does not work."

I tell him you have to turn the volume up via the volume rocker and he says nope the earpiece speaker is blown and says it was my fault so no more warranty either...Then he pulls a fast one and says I can buy a new phone.

I asked for the manager and then once he was filled in on the situation, I had the manager call me from his cell phone and then I turned up the volume. It was loud and it worked fine. The tech support guy ran into the back of the store and never came back out. What a punk.
    srully80 likes this.
    08-08-11 10:22 PM
    It is a little ridiculous, but there is quite a lot of this type of sentiment so its expected to see it with some people. It sounds like the typical hater-talk against RIM...but the rep might of made some other valid points about some of the other advantages of android. He's a sales rep, he should be trying to push the device which gives the company the largest profit per sale. Period. Directing a customer to AT&T? That is a poor salesman.
    08-08-11 10:40 PM
    Reminds of a time when I bought 2 BlackBerry Storm's (1, I think) and I see the salesperson downloading VZ Navigator on each phone and I tell him "Isn't that around $10 a month, each?" , then he says "no, it's included in the $30 unlimited plan". I said "Are you sure?", he says "Yeah".

Later on I find out that he WAS laying so I call the manager and fill out that survey (https://survey.verizonwireless.com/vzwsurvey/) and he was taken care of. Not sure what actually happened to him but I did get the attention from corporate.

Verizon customer service is good but their salespeople can be deceptive and/or they feel you owe them your business. I only order online nowadays.
    08-08-11 10:47 PM
    I've had similar experiences with reps. IME sprint and tmo reps aren't as harsh on bb as verizon and at&t but they're all pretty down on rim.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    08-08-11 10:54 PM
    She should have gone to a manager and gotten a refund on the restock fee too. A sales rep that will lie shouldn't be employed. Now if he didn't know any better, thats a different story.. BUT since they all should have been notified of training for the new Blackberry's, my guess he was either trying to make a sale or was clueless (Most Likely).
    This story IS funny though, and I think it goes to show Verizon is not only keeping it's customers in the dark, but it's employees as well. I called Verizon tech support on my daughters phone and asked about new Blackberry's and got almost the same answer-RIM was going out of business and NO new Berries from Verizon OR RIM. I asked where he got that info from and he wouldn't answer. I suggested he look at RIM/Blackberry's web-site and learn a little before he wound up eating his words!!
    There was literally nothing she could do...you know how legal issues go and so on and so on
    08-09-11 09:36 AM

I agree that statement was totally unnecessary and insulting. The problem also is Verizon not being selective enough in their sales staff's credentials and capabilities. Instead it's sell,sell,sell !!! I just love going into a Verizon store to buy a new phone and they come out with a bunch of B.S for me to buy with it,I make them take it right back. I think Apple has one of the best sales environments I've seen to date.
    08-09-11 09:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD