Does anyone know of a way/setting to revert the menu on the new OS to the menu on the 9000? The menu on the 9000 was overall much shorter due to each menu item not being spaced so far apart.

ALSO, any way to "Maximize Panel" from the home screen when the BB button is depressed instead of getting a menu?

Thanks! Love the phone!
    11-07-11 04:27 PM
    Not sure about the menu style question but to open the icon tray with the BB button just double tap it.
    11-07-11 05:06 PM
    Try hitting the menu button, then manage panels and adjust the panels to what you would like. Tell us how that goes for you.
    11-07-11 06:04 PM
    Does anyone know of a way/setting to revert the menu on the new OS to the menu on the 9000? The menu on the 9000 was overall much shorter due to each menu item not being spaced so far apart.
    I completely agree with you on this problem - I hate the way the menu items are so widely spaced compared with previous BBs. I'm guessing it's to allow people to select menu items using the touch screen, but I'd much prefer to have the traditional more closed-spaced menus so I don't have to scroll to see all the options. As far as I know there is unfortunately no solution to it at present.

(and before anybody mentions it this is not to do with the device font size!)

I'm wondering whether it might be something which could be changed with a custom theme - although Theme Builder for OS7 has been pushed back to "mid-2012" now so we have a bit of a wait...
    Last edited by JC61; 11-08-11 at 12:04 AM.
    11-08-11 12:01 AM
    Not sure about the menu style question but to open the icon tray with the BB button just double tap it.
    Ahh...this works, as the BB button acts as the trackpad button in this situation. I think I can deal with this, but it would be nice to have a one click button to maximize the panel like the 9000.

Try hitting the menu button, then manage panels and adjust the panels to what you would like. Tell us how that goes for you.
    I removed all the panels except for the "All". This is great as it removes a lot of extra "clutter" and also removes the possibility of accidentally scrolling to unnecessary panels. Thanks!

If anyone comes up with a solution for the menu spacing 'problem', please post! I'm not a huge touch screen guy, so I would prefer the menu to be as small as possible.

Thanks!
    11-08-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD