hey guys, long time no see!

I'm retiring my Evo 4G (and all my other phones for that matter) for a 9930 as soon as i can get my hands on one.

My only concern is this: i use google services a LOT more then i did with my last blackberry, how much of a pain is it (if possible at all?) to sync my contacts and calendar from google to the 9930?

I'm making the jump back to blackberry for a few reasons.

1: My first (and only) Blackberry was the Tour on Sprint. It would pick up a signal in way more places (on Sprint or roaming) then any other phone's iv'e had on Sprint. (Palm Pre, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G)

2: Battery life on my Tour was night and day better then either of my android phones and the Pre, i'm hoping the 9930 lives up to this legacy. (will find out once i get my hands on one and see for myself )

3: The keyboard, i haven't seen any keyboard on any android phone come close to the keyboard on my Tour and i know that wasn't even the best Blackberry keyboard at the time.

I use my Acer Iconia for all my multimedia needs (games, video's etc. ) and my phone is just used for messaging and email. I love the developer community for android (XDA) and will continue to use android devices (tablets mostly) but i want to give Blackberry another shot.

It's so hard deciding what device to use as a daily driver when you love so many different platforms!
    08-16-11 09:46 PM
    I upgraded from a Bold 9650 and when I turned on the new Bold all I could think was WOW. You will love it. Best BB yet!
    08-16-11 09:49 PM
    I was with RIM for a long time, tried the Droid 3 for a month, got my 9930 today and put the Droid up on ebay. I usually get a new phone every year so this one will tide me over until next summer. By then I'll be ready for an LTE BB. Android was nice but battery life was putrid.
    08-16-11 09:57 PM
    hey guys, long time no see!

I'm retiring my Evo 4G (and all my other phones for that matter) for a 9930 as soon as i can get my hands on one.

My only concern is this: i use google services a LOT more then i did with my last blackberry, how much of a pain is it (if possible at all?) to sync my contacts and calendar from google to the 9930?

I'm making the jump back to blackberry for a few reasons.

1: My first (and only) Blackberry was the Tour on Sprint. It would pick up a signal in way more places (on Sprint or roaming) then any other phone's iv'e had on Sprint. (Palm Pre, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G)

2: Battery life on my Tour was night and day better then either of my android phones and the Pre, i'm hoping the 9930 lives up to this legacy. (will find out once i get my hands on one and see for myself )

3: The keyboard, i haven't seen any keyboard on any android phone come close to the keyboard on my Tour and i know that wasn't even the best Blackberry keyboard at the time.

I use my Acer Iconia for all my multimedia needs (games, video's etc. ) and my phone is just used for messaging and email. I love the developer community for android (XDA) and will continue to use android devices (tablets mostly) but i want to give Blackberry another shot.

It's so hard deciding what device to use as a daily driver when you love so many different platforms!
    Welcome back to the good side!
    I've used several BlackBerry keyboards and this (9930) keyboard provides the BEST feedback, response and downright loveliness of any BlackBerry keyboard I've used. As for the syncing of Google contacts and your calendar. I don't know if this was just implemented, but you can sync your contacts and calendar via your Google account. When adding your gmail account to the BlackBerry, there will be an option after you first 'validate' the email account to synchronize your contacts and calendar.
    08-16-11 09:57 PM
    Welcome back, Im coming back to blackberry and loving it.
    08-16-11 10:01 PM
    i work in research and i had the chance over 2 years to compare various phone platforms for general use and app development.

i started out with an iphone, then a BB 9700, then Palm pre2 and finally an android. will test WP7 mango when nokia released hardware, but so far from a personal-use standpoint, the BB experience wins, hands-down.

i find most of the added "functionality" of other phones becomes a distraction in the long-run. when it comes down to the line, BB does messaging, emailing and calling better.

unless WP7 can trump all the other phones i have tested, i will most definitely buy a 9900 for myself.

...developing for BB... now that is an entirely different matter...
    08-16-11 10:26 PM
    08-16-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD