With the pricing coming from Sprint for the 9930 & 9850, my question for the CB community is the following:

Will retailers (Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc) get the devices on the same day for sale as the actual company, i.e. Will Best Buy have the 9930 & 9850 for sale on Sunday, Aug 21st since Sprint is releasing these phones on that day?

Secondly, if they do drop on the same day, does anyone know the history behind pricing comparison between going to a retailer or a Sprint store, will one be cheaper than the other or will they be the same?
    08-16-11 07:18 AM
    (Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc are "authorized dealers" for your carrier and get the devices just like the carriers do.

Some of them can offer "special deals" so it might pay to look at their ads.

All I can say is NEVER use a phone dealer in a mall kiosk!
    ZMc1834 likes this.
    08-16-11 07:36 AM
    Thanks greg, that is what I thought but I wanted to see if anyone had info since this is really the first device that I have ever watched this closely and with the $249.99 price tag from Sprint, I am hoping Best Buy or another store drops it for $199 or $249.99 with some sort of rebate. One main reason that I for sure will not purchase anything from a Sprint store anymore is that I spoke with a rep yesterday and he told me that Sprint doesn't offer any sort of 30-day guarantee. They offer a 30-day buy back in which if you are not satisfied with the device you can return it for a refund with a $35 restocking fee, but they don't offer any type of credit or refund for if the price drops in the 30-days after your purchase. I know Best Buy offers this and almost all retailers do, so I will definitely be using them to purchase any and all new phones especially if I do decide to pay the $249.99 on release day. With Rogers already dropping their price tag, I'm sure it has a strong possibility of dropping to the $199 price range here in the states in the first 30-days as well.
    08-16-11 08:01 AM
    im gonna buy it without a contract on my sprint account. is it better to buy it straight from Sprint or maybe best buy or radio shack if they have it ofcourse? my guessing is even without a contract...those retailers can be $50-$100 cheaper right....?
    08-16-11 08:41 AM
    im gonna buy it without a contract on my sprint account. is it better to buy it straight from Sprint or maybe best buy or radio shack if they have it ofcourse? my guessing is even without a contract...those retailers can be $50-$100 cheaper right....?
    Most the deals are because you are buying a new plan/contract or extending what you got. There are few discounts for out right purchase right now, there is no incentive for this.
    08-16-11 08:47 AM
    Most the deals are because you are buying a new plan/contract or extending what you got. There are few discounts for out right purchase right now, there is no incentive for this.
    in that case...ill buy it from Sprint...all i have is my 1 year $75 dollar off upgrade...i rather not use it...my next 2 year big upgrade is on march 2012. and u know i aint waiting that long to get the 9930 i sold my bold 9650 for $150 cash and an old 8530 for $50..so there u go...its really costing me like $333.93 out of pocket
    08-16-11 09:40 AM
    I'm confused about Sprint's pricing for existing customers. Is the $249.00 price available to existing customers only if you extend 2 years AND have the full upgrade credit available? Is the $249.00 the price AFTER the upgrade credit?

Also, if you have an upgrade credit, can that be applied if you buy from a 3rd party retailer, like Best Buy or Radio Shack?

Thanks for any demystification anyone can provide!
    08-16-11 11:57 AM
    I'm confused about Sprint's pricing for existing customers. Is the $249.00 price available to existing customers only if you extend 2 years AND have the full upgrade credit available? Is the $249.00 the price AFTER the upgrade credit?

Also, if you have an upgrade credit, can that be applied if you buy from a 3rd party retailer, like Best Buy or Radio Shack?

Thanks for any demystification anyone can provide!
    The $249.99 price is included the 2-year upgrade credit for $150 and also a $100 instant credit. If you are not eligible for the 2-year upgrade, you will not be able to get this price. Also, if I am not mistaken, the price the you will get at a retailer such as Best Buy will include the 2-year service credit.

If you take a look at the Wal-Mart preorder page, it lists the device for $549.99, but if you sign up as a new customer, you get a $350 instant discount, and if you are a returning customer with a 2-year upgrade, you get a $255 discount in which this discount include your 2-year upgrade credit.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-16-11 12:05 PM
    I called sprint and was told with a 2 year contact extension the price is $199.99
    08-16-11 12:07 PM
    I have called, but was never given a price, but according to their press release and the leaked ads, it is $249.99 for a 2-year upgrade for the 9930 and $149.99 with mail-in-rebate for the 9850.
    08-16-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD