Yesterday I was updating my bold 9900 to .402. The install went fine but when I was restoring my computer froze so only about half my sms messages were properly restored, plus there are also a bunch of other settings that werent restored properly since it froze at this point. I found the backup file from which it was restoring but for some reason desktop manager wont recognize the file. Any ideas on getting it to work or to make it recognize the file and restoring my settings?
    04-22-12 04:46 PM
    Not sure if this will help, or if it even relates to your problem. I know what my computer stores the back-up files created when you do an OS update in a different location than back-ups created while backing up through DM. Try changing the folder when the restore screen comes up in DM. I select change, then highlight just the documents folder and select OK. This should bring up all the backups done when updating OS.
    04-22-12 05:21 PM
    Unfortunitely it did not work. I think the problem is that the backup file is a .bbb file and it needs to be a .ipd file, which I believe is the standard for normal backups. Basically it seems RIM uses two diffrent file extensions, one for os bakcups and one for normal backups.
    04-22-12 06:53 PM
    Sorry it didn't work. I know this won't help with your present dilemma, but I would suggest downloading Fixmo Tools. It's one of the complimentary apps from RIM. It has a feature for SMS recovery and a whole lot more. The ability to undelete email is pretty cool too. Check it out.
    04-22-12 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD