So I pretty much got a replacement for this device because the first one had a really bad "squeeking" trackpad issue, and on the new device I just recieved today, the "back" and "end" buttons don't fully click like they are actually buttons.. They work, just the feel isn't there. And not to mention, the new trackpad just feels strange, like if you click it at the bottom or the right, there is no click noise. AND the mute key doesn't click really, it just slowly goes in silently and feels awkward when using it. It just doesn't feel right at all and It's getting me pretty disappointed. Is it just because this phone JUST came out that they are having troubles with the hardware side of things? It just seems like I cannot get a perfect trackpad at the very least which is really bugging me..

EDIT:

Old phone with normal clicking end button:

New phone with silent clicking end button:

Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-23-11 at 04:01 PM.
    08-23-11 01:34 PM
    My call and end buttons don't click either, I think that's how its suppose to be, could be wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 01:48 PM
    Great. If my replacement device has mushy buttons I'm giving it back and waiting for another android or getting and iphone.

08-23-11 02:08 PM
    My call and end buttons don't click either, I think that's how its suppose to be, could be wrong though.

The phone I previously had did not have an end button like the replacement.. I have them both here currently and I'v been inspecting them. My old phone which call and end buttons work great have straight plastic when looking to the side, whereas the new one which doesn't click so well has a crooked plastic piece.. Like the top of the end button is a bit lower than the bottom..

Here look..

Old phone with normal clicking end button:

New phone with silent clicking end button:

08-23-11 02:55 PM
    You guys crack me up. After the 2nd or 3rd return, I'd tell you to go pound sand. Do you honestly think that every single phone can be produced EXACTLY the same? It's thin plastic. You think they won't warp just a tad? I mean, you had to super-zoom to show it.
    08-23-11 03:41 PM
    You guys crack me up. After the 2nd or 3rd return, I'd tell you to go pound sand. Do you honestly think that every single phone can be produced EXACTLY the same? It's thin plastic. You think they won't warp just a tad? I mean, you had to super-zoom to show it.
    I "super zoomed" it to show how much it was actually bent... You can see it easily with the human eye and the annoying part is feeling it with your thumb every time you press the button.. I'm not complaining that its not Perfect I was simply showing the reasoning behind why it isn't acting like a button...

And I could take away the "super zoom" and you can still easily see the difference unless you are blind.. I "super zoomed" the image just for the **** of it, its not like if it weren't for the zoom then you couldn't see the problem..

Do you honestly think that every single phone can be produced EXACTLY the same?
    And not every one, but the replacement I got is the same as my step brothers.. I got the replacement like 2 weeks after he got his phone and they both have the same issue. It must have been a defective batch or something... I'm sure that if you get a phone 5 months later, you will get a close to perfect phone.. Same thing with my Bold 9650, the top buttons became a huge problem where they stopped clicking because whatever was under it got warn out or something, and the trackpad was raised on the left side pretty high. I got a refurbished one 8 months later and all of those problems were fixed, they fixed the trackpad and they fixed how much the top buttons get worn down.

So no, they will not all be exactly the same, but it is definitely an issue in their production line that they will probably fix months down the line..
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-23-11 at 04:00 PM.
    08-23-11 03:55 PM
    The devices come with a warranty so I wouldn't worry about these little items. Mine came with the lower right corner popped up I just pushed it back in place and it fine now.

08-23-11 04:43 PM
    The devices come with a warranty so I wouldn't worry about these little items. Mine came with the lower right corner popped up I just pushed it back in place and it fine now.

Yeah, i might go for a replacement in like 4 or 5 months when they finally sort everything out and finally get the perfect phone I'll live with the problems for the time being :X
    08-23-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD