I can't remove the password protection on my phone. I go to Options>Security>Password and 'Enable' is selected with a little lock icon next to it. It won't let me uncheck the box to remove the password. Any thoughts?
    01-26-12 09:47 PM
    You may have a corporate email account setup on your phone, BES policies enforce mandatory passwords on Blackberry devices.
    01-26-12 09:50 PM
    You may have a corporate email account setup on your phone, BES policies enforce mandatory passwords on Blackberry devices.
    Hmm. I did buy this phone used from someone. There are no email accounts on the phone that I know of other than mine. Those are just gmail.
    01-26-12 09:52 PM
    Sounds like the device has an IT Policy.

Read this thread and follow the steps. http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...lackberry-569/
    01-26-12 10:24 PM
    If encryption is turned on for your media card, you'll have the little red lock. Go to your media card settings and disable encryption. The little red lock should go away, and you'll be able to remove your password protection.
    Last edited by T�nis; 01-26-12 at 10:42 PM.
    01-26-12 10:40 PM
    Sounds like the device has an IT Policy.

Read this thread and follow the steps. http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...lackberry-569/
    Too tired to try that tonight. Will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks.

If encryption is turned on for your media card, you'll have the little red lock. Go to your media card settings and disable encryption. The little red lock should go away, and you'll be able to remove your password protection.
    No, encryption wasn't on. Thanks though
    01-26-12 10:52 PM
    I had the same issue (switched my BES account from one device to another, but the IT policy remained after a wipe and OS re-load).

In the end was able to get rid of it using the JL_Cmder resettofactory option (don't use the wipe)

*NOTE: this will erase all data off your phone (but apps will remain) - so a BACKUP before starting is highly suggested!

If you don't have JL, you can do the same thing via Loader.exe using the command prompt. Info here: KB21918-How to use Loader.exe and the ResettoFactory command to restore a BlackBerry smartphone to factory default settings from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Once your phone completes the reset the IT policy should be gone.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-27-12 09:45 AM
    Inuse personal BIS and no peoblems switching back and forth.
    01-27-12 10:48 AM
    OK, I tried to remove the IT policy and use the other option of using BES. I have a mac so I couldn't follow the instructions to remove an IT policy. Also, I don't have BES. Does anyone else know how to remove this stupid password, keeping in mind I have a mac and also I don't any experience messing with the registry. I can follow directions, they just need to be clear for someone who doesn't mess with this stuff regularly. Thanks
    01-29-12 10:47 PM
    Nevermind I think I found it from here:

KB14202-How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Method 5
    Remove the IT policy by using BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.2 for Mac.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 6.0.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB18776.

Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software, if it is open.
    On the Mac computer, open Terminal.
    Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ Software.app/Contents/MacOS/ and press ENTER.
    Type ./bbdm resettofactory.
    Note: If the smartphone has a password, type the following command:

./bbdm -password <password> resettofactory

Note: <password> should be replaced with the password for the BlackBerry smartphone.

My phone is still resetting so we'll see...
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-29-12 11:24 PM
    Success! Phew, that was a lot of time and effort for such a simple task.
    01-30-12 12:27 AM
    excellent advice. it worked on mine. thanks a lot mate
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-12-13 02:51 PM
    I don't have the blackberry desktop or a computer. Can this be done on the phone? The phone was my son's and used to be hooked up to an enterprise server. He no longer works for that company.
    01-26-13 11:34 AM
    you need a computer
    01-26-13 11:49 AM
    Could Verizon help?
    01-26-13 11:57 AM
    a dont think so dose any of your friends not have a computer than you can lend why you do this
    01-26-13 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD