Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, and if so could someone please link the answer.

I recently bought a second hand 9930 and am experiencing some difficulty getting the battery cover off to get the SIM card out. The only and obvious slot on the back of the phone easily unclips but I am unable to remove the full cover

It seems as if there somekind of sticker keeping the back on. Is there a fancy way of removing the cover or is it just a simple security measure attached first time it's put together?
    09-11-11 06:38 PM
    it def is really hard to take it off! it gets easier each time (i think) but the first time i had to take it off, I used a credit card and used "gentle force" .. if that made sense..
    09-11-11 06:43 PM
    agreed. I had been switching between black and white 9780s for the last year, so I was used to just easily getting the sim out. so when my 9900 dies, I still swap my sim into a 9780, and I have found that putting the edge of a credit card in my shirt and then slowly pressing it into that slot until the 2 plastic latches on the battery door unhook, is what works best. using your fingernail will really hurt, and using anything else might scratch around the speaker right there
    09-11-11 07:20 PM
    Just a quick note, once you get the door off, do not remove the SD card unless you take out the battery first. Just ask CB Kevin.
    09-11-11 08:15 PM
    Now this is a complete turn up for the books, once I had managed to pry off the case, I find that there is Double-Sided Sticky Tape holding it on, looked like it hadn't been opened before

IT'S FAKE!!! It's the shell with two weights in it. I'm guessing that whoever made them realised the cover was kinda sticky so used that to there advantage. It just looks like a shell for the 9930 but with two pieces of metal inside it to make it the perfect weight

Thankfully only paid 40 and through PayPal so I have already put in a dispute. I should have known something else was wrong other than just a broken screen. Feel like a bit of an ***** but at least I should be able to recover my money thankfully
    09-11-11 08:25 PM
    Just use a credit card or a kitchen knife that has a rounded blade, with a little force it will be out... watch some video how other people do it first.
    09-11-11 09:19 PM
    The Phone is FAKE!! It's a Blackberry Plastic shell with two weight in the back to simulate a battery and inner workings of it.

Knife needed maybe to chop it up it into tiny little pieces
    09-11-11 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD