Had perfect life on .540 since the day it was official from Turkcell. I was getting %0.5 on idle with only 3G. Now I am up to %4-5 on idle. This build has been the best for me in terms of... well everything.
    If I reload .540 do you think my battery life will be back to normal, like it was before?
    12-07-11 08:24 AM
    I have to believe that this might in part be due to apps. Are there apps that were loaded after the 0.5% baseline?
    12-07-11 08:32 AM
    Yes. Tapatalk, show me the images, photo editor ultimate and fancy speed test.
    12-07-11 08:41 AM
    +1...what has changed since the .5% discharge rate???
    12-07-11 08:42 AM
    Just installed 3 more apps. And if they are not compatible or causing a problem I am willing to delete them
    12-07-11 08:49 AM
    Had perfect life on .540 since the day it was official from Turkcell. I was getting %0.5 on idle with only 3G. Now I am up to %4-5 on idle. This build has been the best for me in terms of... well everything.
    If I reload .540 do you think my battery life will be back to normal, like it was before?
    I'm totally with you on this. I had 0.5% with .540 while resting and it went up to 3.5% with .585. I am back at version .540. I also had problems with tapatalk with .585.
    I'm giving .585 a big thumbs down. I'm sure your battery life will return if you downgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry OS .540 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 08:59 AM
    I just got my 9930 yesterday. Knowing that people are having issues, I am going to try and hold myself back from going crazy and installing apps. My drain is very good right now. My plan is
    1) Establish a solid baseline to know what the phone is capable of by not installing anything, and watching the drain along with noting usage.
    2) Once baseline is established, install the most important apps one by one, and again note drain. For me, these are the following: Amazon, Blackstar, Kindle, Gmail (which I only load if I need to review an old email), BB traffic (I have suspicions that this app might be reporting even when not loaded), and Poynt.
    12-07-11 09:00 AM
    Gmail (which I only load if I need to review an old email)
    Did you can search for an view old emails using the Native BIS Gmail? It works perfectly.
    12-07-11 09:10 AM
    Did you can search for an view old emails using the Native BIS Gmail? It works perfectly.
    Cool! I figured there was a way! How do you do it? The way I think you might is do the sidebar search (in email) / advanced search / select remote ... fill out search criteria. When I do that I get ... "No valid remote services found". Am I doing something wrong? Way back there was some gmail plugin I installed on an old BB. It was really hard on my batt. do I need that thing?
    Last edited by redneck6497; 12-07-11 at 09:44 AM.
    12-07-11 09:40 AM
    Cool! I figured there was a way! How do you do it? The way I think you might is do the sidebar search (in email) / advanced search / select remote ... fill out search criteria. When I do that I get ... "No valid remote services found". Am I doing something wrong? Way back there was some gmail plugin I installed on an old BB. It was really hard on my batt. do I need that thing?
    Log into the VZW BIS website and resend your service books from the Help page. That cleared the "No valid remote services found" issue on mine.

The GMail app hasn't been updated since October 2009, when it got an update to run on OS5 when Storm and Storm2 made the jump from OS4.7. It's been officially dropped by Google as of 11/22 or so.
    redneck6497 likes this.
    12-07-11 09:54 AM
    In Options>Device>Application Management, you can check whether and how much any given app has utilized the CPU, with values given for today and yesterday. Once you're at that screen, select an app and it'll say when it was last used. Under "Resources" for that app you can find out how much CPU time it has used, today, yesterday, and this week. If the app has zero CPU usage, then you know without uninstalling and reinstalling it that that app isn't draining the battery.

Note that CPU usage doesn't tell you the whole story about that app, since there's also the lit screen time involved in using it. But if it says zero, then you just didn't use it and it wasn't draining the battery in the background somehow. So, even though I have FaceBook installed, I know it's not draining the battery unless I open it, and the Resources tab confirms this.
    12-07-11 10:06 AM
    PCGizmo, thanks for the tip. That worked great! I like not having to put any google stuff on the BB.

By the way .... I'm at 80%, and its 1:05 with phone calls, texts and emails. I'm happy so far. I hope this sort of drain continues.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-07-11 12:06 PM
    OP, I would do what Ubizmo said and see if there is anything that is eating up some CPU. If its eating CPU, its probably eating other resources too ... network, etc.
    12-07-11 12:07 PM
    Is it normal I am getting 12 hours on my 9900 with moderate use?

I don't find it is...

BOLD 9900
    12-07-11 08:35 PM
    Is it normal I am getting 12 hours on my 9900 with moderate use?
    It shouldn't be, but it seems there are more who are getting that kind of battery life than there are people getting better battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-11 08:40 PM
    Can someone point me in the right direction to downgrade the current OS on my 9900. I have .585 and want to go back to .540. Always just used BDM but it wont let me downgrade. I have BBSAK but everytime I connect it cant find my device. Same with BB Boss.

Any help?
    12-10-11 08:00 PM
    delete .585 from your pc/laptop, restart your pc/laptop for a fresh start. ( not needed, but i would do it in case of )
    install .540 on your system, delete the vendor.xml 's if needed, restart pc/laptop to let it work.
    open up Blackberry Desktop Manager, connect and upgrade to .540
    How can you upgrade if you already have .585 on your BB? I am trying to move from .585 to .540.
    12-10-11 09:18 PM
    How can you upgrade if you already have .585 on your BB? I am trying to move from .585 to .540.
    There should be an option to "check for other versions" just click that and click .540 and it should install. .585 is good for me so maybe give it more time and see if it gets better. Do some battery pulls to get it to settle.
    12-11-11 06:22 AM
    Can someone answer a question for me. I read all this about allowing the OS to settle in. Confuses me a lot, why does it have to settle. What changes to make it different from when it is first flashed.

Surely you switch it on and the IO's either work or don't....
    12-11-11 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD