I've just been contacted about my upgrade by a very helpful and knowledgeable Vodafone UK rep, who this morning had a 'management meeting' about upcoming models. He says that there is no confirmation about Voda exclusivity yet, but they are 'working towards it' and tells me that release date on Voda is as of today confirmed as 'the last week in August'. He seemed to know what he was talking about, knew everything about the phone and was very sure of that (disappointing) timing...
    07-04-11 09:10 AM
    The clue is in the "upgrade rep", he wants you to upgrade now and not wait to give someone else your business, People who answer phones don't par take in exclusivity negotiations...
    07-04-11 09:16 AM
    The clue is in the "upgrade rep", he wants you to upgrade now and not wait to give someone else your business, People who answer phones don't par take in exclusivity negotiations...
    He's not the upgrade rep, but my account guy and I've been with Voda for over a decade and have three accounts with them, so he knows I'm going nowhere and is of a pay grade that deals with 'bigger' customers. And he didn't partake in exclusivity negotiations (did I say that?) he was reporting back what he knew - which was quite a lot, it seems.
    07-04-11 10:12 AM
    It does seem like we're hearing late Aug in UK more and more.
    07-04-11 10:24 AM
    until an official release date is set, take the info from mushrooms with a pinch of salt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD