If they really release it in August, I guess it will take like another 3-6 months to hit Asian countries! God! Long wait!
    What about for the Middle East?
    03-23-11 09:38 PM
    I am holding out hope that BlackBerry World will be a giant release party. I have been told that I need to use my last NE2 discount by June.
    03-24-11 07:04 AM
    Honestly if this thing comes out in August I'm not waiting at all unless it will be REALLLLLLLLLLY good.
    03-24-11 12:32 PM
    I've been told that the phone is already in production in the US. The RIM's US launch would likely take place sometime in May.
    03-24-11 12:46 PM
    Annoucement at BBW makes sense. Hopefully its an announcement with details.
    03-24-11 12:47 PM
    RIM might really have hurt themselves by not getting this out already, with VZWs new policies getting rid of early upgrades the people that jumped ship to the iphone are now locked in for two years with a competing product. If NE2 discounts do expire around June, people will be buying a new phone to use the discount and lock in to an iphone for droid for two years. RIM would be crazy to put out a device after that.
    03-24-11 01:59 PM
    iPhone 5 will be out in June, for reference. So it's in RIM's best interest to launch before that.
    03-24-11 03:02 PM
    Has anyone considered release dates or best guess
    For bold touch
    In case anyone IS interested in the FULL Roadmap here is the direct link to the CB article...

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com
    03-24-11 03:10 PM
    iPhone 5 will be out in June, for reference. So it's in RIM's best interest to launch before that.
    According to the Apple Insider the Iphone 5 will not be released until Q3 which will be between July-Sept.
    03-24-11 03:11 PM
    phone's a flop anyhow. what can be done with a 3" touchscreen(no answer required). last years androids are still better in almost every way. im sorry to say that rim's roadmap is gonna give way to quite a few platform jumpers. im one of them
    and i got about a dozen friends who are leavin bb. maybe we'll be lured back with a qnx make over. as for now im just waitin for the evo 3d to hit stores. which by the way will no doubt happen before rim releases anything new.....
    03-24-11 03:12 PM
    what's with all the companies pushing 3D phones? stupidest gimmick I've ever seen.
    03-24-11 03:41 PM
    3d is the feature im least interested in. its about as important as a kickstand but everyone loves that sh*t.
    03-24-11 04:35 PM
    May? Can't wait.... Any idea what off contract prices will be?
    03-24-11 08:17 PM
    RIM might really have hurt themselves by not getting this out already, with VZWs new policies getting rid of early upgrades the people that jumped ship to the iphone are now locked in for two years with a competing product. If NE2 discounts do expire around June, people will be buying a new phone to use the discount and lock in to an iphone for droid for two years. RIM would be crazy to put out a device after that.
    Yes, but Rim's already been crazy for not producing a new phone all this time that iphone and the androids are destroying their once owned market share. Anyone who picks up an android will be amazed by how many more apps and ability that phone has compared with our weak BB's. I am still trying to hold out for a new BB, but all these other options are much better imo than the old junk BB has to offer.
    03-24-11 09:22 PM
    What "ability" does an android phone have that a bb does? I have an ipod touch and I love the games and netflix etc, so I can see why people love them, but really, what "abilities" are you talking about?
    03-24-11 09:43 PM
    Is AT&T currently testing this device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:58 PM
    According to the Apple Insider the Iphone 5 will not be released until Q3 which will be between July-Sept.
    Don't see how that's possible, Apple is mad OCD about their launch schedules. Didn't see it reported any place more credible either so it's still gonna be June for America and July probably for everywhere else.

With that said, I hope the Bold touch comes in late may/early june.
    03-24-11 11:01 PM
    Don't see how that's possible, Apple is mad OCD about their launch schedules. Didn't see it reported any place more credible either so it's still gonna be June for America and July probably for everywhere else.

With that said, I hope the Bold touch comes in late may/early june.
    I understand what you are saying but the Apple Insider is a good barometer for what is really going on as they have not been wrong yet so I am only reporting what I read. I also hope that the Bold Touch comes in as expected.
    03-25-11 09:23 AM
    I just hope it gets here by early summer. It is getting harder and harder not to make the jump to the Thunderbolt. As much as I love RIM they are not giving me any reasons to remain faithful. Why cant RIM for once launch a great phone ahead of the competition??? Ever since the first iphone came out RIM has been playing catchup and it has only become more obvious with the introduction of the andriod phones.
    03-25-11 09:24 PM
    it is getting very hard to wait for rim to get their act together and release these rumored phones.im keeping my eyes open for the bold touch, iphone 5, monaco,t2,apollo, and any android device set to be released this summer.its getting very annoying with the trackball of my 9000. and i have been using it for 3 years now. and yep its time now for it to be retired finally.
    03-25-11 11:15 PM
    I just hope it gets here by early summer. It is getting harder and harder not to make the jump to the Thunderbolt. As much as I love RIM they are not giving me any reasons to remain faithful. Why cant RIM for once launch a great phone ahead of the competition??? Ever since the first iphone came out RIM has been playing catchup and it has only become more obvious with the introduction of the andriod phones.
    Ive had a thunderbolt for a week now, coming from a S2, 9650 and 9000. Rim has email nailed. Tbolt and google have many of the other things nailed. Rim still has slightly better overall integration and efficiency, but android 2.2 sure is a formidable competitor. I still have my s2 but I think as soon as google and htc update the os, the thunderbolt will be that much better.
    I can see myself go back to blackberry someday but the tb is a great interim until then. With discount, a phone on one year plan was marginally more than one on two. So for me, so that I wouldn't go through another storm 2 fiasco, I put it on one year contract. Good luck with your decision.

03-25-11 11:33 PM
    it is getting very hard to wait for rim to get their act together and release these rumored phones.im keeping my eyes open for the bold touch, iphone 5, monaco,t2,apollo, and any android device set to be released this summer.its getting very annoying with the trackball of my 9000. and i have been using it for 3 years now. and yep its time now for it to be retired finally.
    I miss my 9000...I wouldn't have gone to a different phone had it not died on me
    03-26-11 12:37 PM
    Ive had a thunderbolt for a week now, coming from a S2, 9650 and 9000. Rim has email nailed. Tbolt and google have many of the other things nailed. Rim still has slightly better overall integration and efficiency, but android 2.2 sure is a formidable competitor. I still have my s2 but I think as soon as google and htc update the os, the thunderbolt will be that much better.
    I can see myself go back to blackberry someday but the tb is a great interim until then. With discount, a phone on one year plan was marginally more than one on two. So for me, so that I wouldn't go through another storm 2 fiasco, I put it on one year contract. Good luck with your decision.

How does Google Sync work with the Thunderbolt? Is it true that if you purchase an app from the Android Marketplace and delete it within twenty-four hours, you'll be refunded the purchase price? How quickly does it sync calendar and contact entries with Google?
    03-26-11 12:39 PM
    I have thought about getting the thunderbolt and giving it to my wife after the QNX blackberrys come out next year. I'm just not sure about the whole touch screen thing.
    03-26-11 06:35 PM
    I have thought about getting the thunderbolt and giving it to my wife after the QNX blackberrys come out next year. I'm just not sure about the whole touch screen thing.
    Isn't it rumored that the QNX BlackBerrys will run iOS apps?
    03-27-11 11:53 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD