Hello together,

I probably have never been more anxiously waiting for a smartphone than for the 9900. For me, having the Bold form factor and a full keyboard with touchscreen is the way to go. I also really love the efficiency of the BB OS and the additions of OS 7 (mainly Liquid Graphics).

Do you think the QWERTZ versions of this phone will be released the same time? Or is it possible that first all the countries with QWERTY keyboards get the phone? In Switzerland, where I live, still not a single carrier has announced a timeframe for the release. The only retailer that has put up a date is Digitec (digitec online shop). It is the best electronic retailer in Switzerland. And the expected delivery date is end September / Beginning October.

With all the release dates being 15th August I'm thinking on buying first a QWERTY version in the UK and a QWERTZ version afterwards in Switzerland.

Does it all make sense for you?
    07-24-11 03:35 AM
    If things follow the usual pattern there will be a lag of at least a few weeks before qwertz models show up, not due to any hardware considerations, but simply due to the fact that they aren't going to allow localisation issues to delay the initial release when it is irrelevant to north american carriers.
    07-24-11 03:41 AM
    Thank you for your quick response Skeevecr!

Do you know if it has always been like this with Blackberry releases?
    If so, I'll definitively pre-order my QWERTY 9900 in the UK, hoping that it will ship around the 15th of August. Can't stand my iPhone 4 any longer, I'm in need of a real keyboard for typing!
    07-24-11 04:18 AM
    what the **** is a qwertz?
    07-24-11 04:29 AM
    i always assumed that we'd get our hands on the QWERTZ models about the same time you guys get your hands on the QWERTY ones ??
    i mean.. there will be no QWERTY ones here in germany, so i really hope the QWERTZ models wont be released a few weeks later as you said?
    and to be honest... i dont think they will, i think they're about to be ready to be released
    07-24-11 04:35 AM
    soooooooooooooo?
    am i right or wrong?
    07-24-11 01:21 PM
    I'm not sure, that's why I asked, but I always thought the QWERTZ versions have been released 1 or 2 months later...
    07-24-11 01:57 PM
    well hows that supposed to work?
    they're planning a world wide released.. and didnt they say it'll be released about the same time "everywhere" ??
    i dont care who gets it first.. europe, the us, canada etc etc....
    1-2 weeks later? fine
    even tho i'd really like to get my hands on the 9900 on day 1

but seriously.. i'd really love to not have to wait another 2 months for it to be released in my country (germany) after its already released everywhere else
    07-24-11 02:15 PM
    what the **** is a qwertz?
    I dunno. Gay slur maybe?
    07-24-11 02:23 PM
    well hows that supposed to work?
    they're planning a world wide released.. and didnt they say it'll be released about the same time "everywhere" ??
    i dont care who gets it first.. europe, the us, canada etc etc....
    1-2 weeks later? fine
    even tho i'd really like to get my hands on the 9900 on day 1

but seriously.. i'd really love to not have to wait another 2 months for it to be released in my country (germany) after its already released everywhere else
    Hmmm...do you know how it happened with the Bold 9000 and the Bold 9700?
    07-24-11 02:42 PM
    no, unfortunately i dont know : (
    07-24-11 03:22 PM
    I never realized there were different keyboard versions.
    07-24-11 03:28 PM
    well yeah, here in germany.. and i dont know where else its just QWERTZ instead of QWERTY, everything else is the same
    just 2 buttons

if these 2 buttons are the reason i have to wait 2 more months than everyone else...... -_-
    07-24-11 03:34 PM
    well yeah, here in germany.. and i dont know where else its just QWERTZ instead of QWERTY, everything else is the same
    just 2 buttons

if these 2 buttons are the reason i have to wait 2 more months than everyone else...... -_-
    Well here over in Switzerland we have QWERTZ keyboard...However instead of waiting I'll probably buy an unlocked QWERTY version in the UK!
    07-24-11 03:49 PM
    well im sure it'd be easy to get used to that, but ive always used QWERTZ keyboards.. on any computer, phone or whatsoever

so i kinda wanna stick to that.. : /
    07-24-11 04:05 PM
    so, anyone with some insight??
    07-26-11 04:33 PM
    so, anyone with some insight??
    Well I don't have any insight, but I can tell you that I have pre-ordered mine in the UK. Should arrive Mid August. Already looking forward to that blower!
    07-26-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD